Another 90 day ED visa question.

Hey guys.

I arrived in Bangkok on December 18th 2018. I need to extend my visa on the 17th. I have a few questions:

1. I'm studying at Duke Language School, and on their site it says I will either get a 60 day extension, 30 days, or 7 days worse case scenario. I've heard on some forums you can get another 90 days extension though, does anyone know if this is true? There is information regarding private language schools about extending it for a year. If it's 60 days, can I get an extra 30 days at the end of my 60? If it's 30, do I have to do a border run, same as 7 days?

2. Is it a case of who is running the desk that day? I can write Thai well phonetically so far, as we haven't started writing or reading Thai yet. But my ability to listen to Thai's and pick up words is very limited 8 weeks in.

Just a bit nervous, cause my contract on my condo is 6 months, course is 5, and I don't want to be in a rush to leave the day after the course finishes. But I'll have to leave half way through June anyway to not overstay if it's a 90 day extension.

Thanks. I know some of these have kind if been answered but honestly, I find it all a bit confusing.

When choosing a school, one needs to be aware that many immigration offices are very corrupt, and the school will need to pay them off to get you "hassle free" 90-day extensions. 

The short extensions they describe indicate the "extra fee" is not being paid - or not paid in those cases.  You may wish to ask the school admins if they have a "service" where you pay for them to handle getting the extension done.  The cost could range from 3K to 5K Baht per 90-day extension. 

It is unfortunate that honest students such as yourself must deal with this - but whether you "really go to class" or not is not what immigration is interested in - this is just spin/cover for their racket.

32 minutes ago, Eb9y said:

There is information regarding private language schools about extending it for a year.

I have not heard of that for language-schools since immigration changed the rules, in order to collect three "extra money" payoffs per-year, instead of one.  If you attend a 4-year university, then longer (year) extensions are possible.

Edited by JackThompson