Fighty American refuses to pay "joiner fee" at Thai hostel (VIDEO)

jphripjah

Apologies if this has been posted here already, I didn't see it.  The person who posted this online is suggesting in the title and comments that it happened today at a hostel in Chiang Mai.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/at1cde/american_guy_in_a_thailand_hostel_refuses_to_pay/

He hit that Thai guy so he's going to be banned from Thailand for x years.

'Good guys in, bad guys out'.

Why do people forget that you are guests in a foreign country and can't demand everything?

Where is this hostel by the way?

Fighty American......?????    

I'm sure the OP isn't an American.  

This title makes the American 100% to blame, without a thought.  

And, it's possible he is 100% to blame, but obviously we don't have 100% of the facts.  Maybe 10-minutes before they punched him in his room, maybe anything......  but, yes, call police, call American Embassy, and investigate.  i'm all for an investigation.  

I just think the title is slightly hate mongering.  we should all try to get along.  LOL

10 minutes ago, puukao said:

He's a native English speaker. Not sure whether that is American, Canadian accent.

The person who post the video in reddit must be one of the staff or guests there so they know which  nationality he is.

31 minutes ago, puukao said:

And, it's possible he is 100% to blame, but obviously we don't have 100% of the facts.  Maybe 10-minutes before they punched him in his room, maybe anything......  but, yes, call police, call American Embassy, and investigate.  i'm all for an investigation.  

I just think the title is slightly hate mongering.  we should all try to get along.  LOL

I think he was trying to say the bad guy was 50 years old (even though he doesn't look like it).

1 hour ago, puukao said:

Oh dear! Rushing to Americans defence. couldnt possibly be an American, could it, Americans dont do things like this do they. Surprised he wasnt carrying a gun to shoot up the entire hostel!

Archived