BANGKOK 23 March 2019 06:11

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

That is just rubbish. I do not mean your report. I mean immigration stupid requirements. Glad it wasn't me. You showed great restraint no to chuck a wobbly. Meaning smack em. Fact is marriage extensions get a tough break. Retirement extensions by comparison walk in the park. Chin up op

Fact is some  marriage extensions get a tough break.

I agree with your post Dr.Jack, and Max has my sympathy, but as we all know, a lot depends on the particular Immigration Office you are forced to use. Many make up their own rules and form their own hoops.  My local IO is very quiet  (for obvious reasons), but better to have a good selection of photos than not enough.

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Fact is some  marriage extensions get a tough break.

I agree with your post Dr.Jack, and Max has my sympathy, but as we all know, a lot depends on the particular Immigration Office you are forced to use. Many make up their own rules and form their own hoops.  My local IO is very quiet  (for obvious reasons), but better to have a good selection of photos than not enough.

Good post. Again its so sad that it sometimes gets down to imm office. Some folk have a horrible time with marriage extension and others its a walk-in park. Personally I would just do a retirement thing even if I was married. Of course it depends on finances.

• Like 2

Feedback appreciated OP but your conclusion may be optimistic. Did you return with the missing pictures and have your application accepted yet?

The cynic in me feels they are deliberately looking for a reason to say no, and that the Thai witness has not been completely removed from their list of reasons. 

It really is all too much, dragging a witness all over the place and having to supply these personal pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you own your own condo?  If so, or if not, what "ownership" or "landlord" docs were required? 

Adding more and more, then "new" docs in that category, was the trick they used to deny me a marriage-based extension at that location.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Last year it took me 3 visits to satisfy their requirements on the pictures at Jomptian, it seems to get more difficult year by year. Have to go again next month, not an experience I am looking forward to.

This is why getting a ThaiElite visa, despite being 50+, is a worthwhile alternative.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, galt67 said:

This is why getting a ThaiElite visa, despite being 50+, is a worthwhile alternative.

Maybe the 'elite' doesn't work like everything else immigration-related, but would bet those inventing "extra requirements" are working to achieve that outcome - with a financial-incentive for delivering results. 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I think the clue is in the word "elite", some people don't have 500,000 baht to buy such a visa just for 5 years hassle free stay here.

Not to mention that retirement might, in any event, be the way to go for a smoother ride at annual extension of stay time at Jomtien - provided, of course, that you are over 50 and can meet the increased funding requirements.