Visa Extension Jom Chien

I have my extension later this month, got my proof of income letter from British Embassy end of Dec.

Am I correct in thinking that only 5 photographs are needed now, two outside (one with house number) and three inside the house. And none of the photo's need the witness on, and indeed a witness is not required at Jomtien Immigration, although a house visit from immigration may be likely.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I have my extension later this month, got my proof of income letter from British Embassy end of Dec.

Am I correct in thinking that only 5 photographs are needed now, two outside (one with house number) and three inside the house. And none of the photo's need the witness on, and indeed a witness is not required at Jomtien Immigration, although a house visit from immigration may be likely.

Yes that is correct we were rejected because our inside photos should have been me and wife together in different locations in the house which in our case meant one picture on one sofa and one picture across the room on another sofa, these two pictures we did not have, and one including family members ie. children, crazy really, the family picture did include the witness which they did not mention, the two outside with house number showing in one, again included our witness again no mention of this, obviously at the next extension the witness not being needed will not be shown in any pictures, unless of course they change their rules again!

Edited by maxcorrigan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

As for proof from British embassy we had the required money in a Thai bank, so embassy proof not needed in our case, just a letter from bank (not more than two days old) showing this money deposited three months before extension!

11 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

What i meant by family shot was the wife her Auntie (witness) myself and a two year old family member, plus two of me and wife in slightly different locations in the house, sorry for late reply

Right then, I'm going to do 2 sets of photos one set just me and wife  then another set with witness and some family members,let them choose which they want.

Last year 2 immigration police came to interview me,my wife and witness..(first time in 6 years)

one stayed just outside the door taking photos the whole time (we have a small apartment)  the other came in and we all sat round the coffee table for the "interview" all in all about 10 minutes.

Off topic  but I think they will need bigger premisses at Jomtien immigration soon,  they already expanded  left,right

and up  and re-arranged the desk layout which offers more seating inside  but still not enough..regularly long queues out the door snaking into the car park...maybe they could take over 1 whole floor of one of the less popular shopping malls    Harbor mall,Royal garden or The Avenue ?

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Right then, I'm going to do 2 sets of photos one set just me and wife  then another set with witness and some family members,let them choose which they want.

Last year 2 immigration police came to interview me,my wife and witness..(first time in 6 years)

one stayed just outside the door taking photos the whole time (we have a small apartment)  the other came in and we all sat round the coffee table for the "interview" all in all about 10 minutes.

Off topic  but I think they will need bigger premisses at Jomtien immigration soon,  they already expanded  left,right

and up  and re-arranged the desk layout which offers more seating inside  but still not enough..regularly long queues out the door snaking into the car park...maybe they could take over 1 whole floor of one of the less popular shopping malls    Harbor mall,Royal garden or The Avenue ?

The Avenue would be ideal. Already has a large office for issuing Thai passports.

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The Avenue would be ideal. Already has a large office for issuing Thai passports.

Is it still there ? ..its not downstairs where it used to be  opposite the new enclosed ( airconed ? )  food hall.

Just now, johng said:

Is it still there ? ..its not downstairs where it used to be  opposite the new enclosed ( airconed ? )  food hall.

It's now on the 2nd floor. Was there 2 weeks ago.

Just now, Spidey said:

It's now on the 2nd floor. Was there 2 weeks ago.

Ohh ok good..I didn't bother exploring ...just parked in the (very cramped) multi-storey car park and went straight down to Starbucks for an expensive big cup of tea.. ( not my choice of meeting point)

well at least they stamped my parking ticket for 109 baht !!!  ????

22 minutes ago, johng said:

Ohh ok good..I didn't bother exploring ...just parked in the (very cramped) multi-storey car park and went straight down to Starbucks for an expensive big cup of tea.. ( not my choice of meeting point)

well at least they stamped my parking ticket for 109 baht !!!  ????

You should have parked in the car park at the front. Just tell the attendant that you are going int Villa Market. He will always find a space for you and sign your ticket. Free!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 12:03 AM, JackThompson said:

...so did not reward those who created these pointless hoops to further that scam.

Akin to the chicken versus the egg in the 'what came first' debate, these agents simply wouldn't exist without the connivance of Immigration.

• Like 2

Just now, johng said:

I did that last time  but this time it was "full up"

They usually have a number of spaces barriered off for Villa Market customers. The attendant knows my car now and automatically frees a space up as soon as he sees me approaching. An occasional 20 baht to him, helps oil the wheels too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

...and a food court for troughing-while-u-wait.

Wasn't too impressed with the new food court. The little restaurant in Villa Market is my go to place for lunch in the Avenue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Jomtien  they definitely 100% want a letter from the bank same day and passbook updated with a transaction that day too.

No mention of updated Kor ror 2

They will come and do another home visit, "like they did last year" ( but never before that )

so I'll have "the witness" ready for them "just in case"  although no one mentioned the witness this year at the actual immigration office.

4 photos required  2 per A4 sheet...just me and the wife ( no witness )

More thorough "grilling"  this year by second officer..and normal "grilling" from the first...we are both well done.

As a side note  there was an American next in line who  for some reason had to go back to Bangkok  "again"

he wasn't happy at all and used the "F" word whilst storming of from counter 6...he is sure for a "great reception" when he goes back to Jomtien Immigration  :hit-the-fan:

19 minutes ago, johng said:

Just back from Jomtien  they definitely 100% want a letter from the bank same day and passbook updated with a transaction that day too.

No mention of updated Kor ror 2

They will come and do another home visit, "like they did last year" ( but never before that )

so I'll have "the witness" ready for them "just in case"  although no one mentioned the witness this year at the actual immigration office.

4 photos required  2 per A4 sheet...just me and the wife ( no witness )

More thorough "grilling"  this year by second officer..and normal "grilling" from the first...we are both well done.

As a side note  there was an American next in line who  for some reason had to go back to Bangkok  "again"

he wasn't happy at all and used the "F" word whilst storming of from counter 6...he is sure for a "great reception" when he goes back to Jomtien Immigration  :hit-the-fan:

It has always puzzled me if you do a transaction that day, it won't agree with the bank letter, which presumably you requested the day before. Or can you do the transaction then get the bank letter the same day? Or does the bank letter quote the cleared balance at the end of the previous day?

Edited by Henryford

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

It has always puzzled me if you do a transaction that day, it won't agree with the bank letter, which presumably you requested the day before. Or can you do the transaction then get the bank letter the same day? Or does the bank letter quote the cleared balance at the end of the previous day?

The bank letter and  passbook update can ( must at Jomtien) be done the same day

I didn't check this time but yes previously the letter shows the amount in the account from yesterday

Jomtien Immigration don't seem to mind...never a problem for me.

Well there you go :crazy:  Kasikorn bank   asking everyone if the letter would be used that day  otherwise it would be refused at Jomtien..I didn't ask the I/O about it..I have been refused a 2 day old letter ( at BKK Chengwhattana)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

ATM, then update book then bank letter, then off to immigration!

59 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I suppose nothing's to be sure these days...

Death, Taxes,

and stupid runarounds with multiple copies of information they already have at immigration desks, this is assured,

They love all of us,  truly. :bah:

Edited by stanleycoin

Is the general concensus now at Jomptien, that we don't need to take a witness with us. Thanks
They didn't ask me for a witness at the office....but today they came to our house for photos,interview and wanted to see the witness....so seems no need to take to the office but yes still needed.

4 minutes ago, johng said:
2 hours ago, vogie said:
Is the general concensus now at Jomptien, that we don't need to take a witness with us. Thanks

They didn't ask me for a witness at the office....but today they came to our house for photos,interview and wanted to see the witness....so seems no need to take to the office but yes still needed.

Thanks for that.

I am going to Jomptien early next week for my extension, we took our photos yesterday, wife, witness and self eating together in the kitchen, in the lounge relaxing, in the bedroom with the wardrobe open showing our clothes and taken outside with number of house. The witness is on all photos, I assume they will want 2 copies of each scenario, which would make 8 photos in all. Do you think that would be enough to satisfy their requirements. ????

Thanks for that.

I am going to Jomptien early next week for my extension, we took our photos yesterday, wife, witness and self eating together in the kitchen, in the lounge relaxing, in the bedroom with the wardrobe open showing our clothes and taken outside with number of house. The witness is on all photos, I assume they will want 2 copies of each scenario, which would make 8 photos in all. Do you think that would be enough to satisfy their requirements. [emoji849]

I gave the first official at counter 6 my 2 sets of photos (me ,wife with and without witness) she chose 4 with just me and wife and said stick 2 per A4 page and make copies...when the immigration came to interview us today they took photos of me wife and witness outside in front of apartment building..then in front of door showing number and all sitting on sofa..

• Thanks 1