Non B Visa from Laos for Indian

Hi,

My current initial Non B 90 days visa has expired and I am on the 7 days extension to leave Thailand as my 1 year extention of stay was denied because of missing paperwork and no time left.
I need to know If I can go to Laos and apply for a new Non B visa and come back. My company is preparing the documents already. Last resort is to go back to India and apply there.

Any help or any other option would be great.

Edited by Danny286

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I can’t give you a definitive answer. You definitely (Indian national) cannot apply for a Tourist Visa in Laos, but there is nothing on the Embassies website to suggest you can’t apply for a non-immigrant visa.

That's what I thought.
I have even booked an appointment online to submit application since they don't allow walk-in applicants now.
So I guess I can go for it.

17 minutes ago, Danny286 said:

That's what I thought.
I have even booked an appointment online to submit application since they don't allow walk-in applicants now.
So I guess I can go for it.

Good luck. Please report back how you get on.

I understand that it requires more paperwork, but the following may be possible  @ubonjoe  will know)

• Leave Thailand, and return through an entry point that allows visa on arrival (15 days)
  • Apply to convert your tourist entry into a non immigrant entry based on an intention to extend for working
  • Subsequently, apply for the one-year extension

I have a feeling conversions like the above may not be allowed with a visa on arrival, though it is possible with visa exempt entries.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Indian nationals cannot apply for any kind of visa in Laos unless a resident of Laos.

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Indian nationals can only apply for visa in India or country where they hold permanent residence. 

Why isn't that stated on their website? And why do they specifically state and underline the fact that tourist visa applications should be done in the country of residence? There is no mention of that restriction for non-immigrant applications, and why would there be?

"Citizens from the following countries are advised to file an application for tourist visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in their country of permanent residency;"

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

I understand that it requires more paperwork, but the following may be possible  @ubonjoe  will know)

• Leave Thailand, and return through an entry point that allows visa on arrival (15 days)
  • Apply to convert your tourist entry into a non immigrant entry based on an intention to extend for working
  • Subsequently, apply for the one-year extension

I have a feeling conversions like the above may not be allowed with a visa on arrival, though it is possible with visa exempt entries.

You cannot apply for a non-immigrant visa from a VOA entry.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

It cannot be done for two reasons. First is that at least 15 day must be remaining on your entry. Plus a visa on arrival does not appear here.

"1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa; or
1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for
non-immigrant visa" 

Sourcehttps://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_72                                                        

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

Indian nationals cannot apply for any kind of visa in Laos unless a resident of Laos.

Correct

The only nearby embassy or consulates that offer some flexibility are in Malaysia and the documentation has to be submitted for approval 4 weeks prior intended date of application. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/99060-Visa-Requirements-I.html

• Thanks 1