Whiskey stones

alien365

I'm thinking of buying some whiskey stones for my friends birthday but I'm finding it difficult to figure out which to buy or if to even bother. He drinks top quality whiskey so I think the stones would be better than the stainless steel ones. Has anyone here used them before with a decent whiskey, such as blue label being an average bottle? Would they change the  flavour a lot due to the slight temperature change? Any recommendations on material or where to buy for a sensible price would be much appreciated.

IMHO, l would not buy them either stainless or soapstone. If your friend uses an ice cube with his drink at present it may be to cool the whisky and slightly dilute it. As he drinks only top-shelf like blue label then he may have considered buying them himself earlier.

I have tried the soapstone ones before in a Laphroaig and did not enjoy it as much (possibly the sight of a black stone in the glass didn't help)

Just my personal thoughts.

I have seen them on Lazada BTW.

So far the feedback on them is not so positive then. I think the basic idea behind them is good. For a whiskey with mixer, the stainless steel ones would be a nice gift.  As a beer drinker myself though, I'm not educated enough on the finer whiskeys and the associated faux-pas. If I don't hear anything positive about them in the near future I best rack my brain for something else to get him. Thanks for the responses guys

7 hours ago, alien365 said:

I best rack my brain for something else to get him. Thanks for the responses guys

If you want to stick with the whisky theme ...

Hip flask?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=hip+flask&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.2a11719crnzijD

Nice whisky glass(es)

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=1&q=whisky glass&sort=pricedesc&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.5f4529bdeneul9

Archived