I have the 800k, but??

18 hours ago, Coconut Kidd said:

Okay, so first time using 800k in bank I have to season 2 months? Correct?

Yes ...after that it used to be three months....but everything I'm reading now says that that has dropped to two months also and leave in in for a further 3 months after being granted the extention. 400,000 Bt. thereafter.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There has been some debate for the 2 months before question. But some people and immigrations officers are of the opinion it is that it is still 2 months (60 days in old order) for the first extension from a new non-o visa entry and then 3 months after that.

In my opinion it is as written and is very clear that it is 2 months before and 3 after. 

I dont know if you know the answer to this UJ. I have a BE income letter. My income is currently in the UK not a Thai bank. It just about covers my 65k monthly income as long as the pound is still worth over 38.3 baht to the pound. If the pound dips below this level I will not have the 65k per month. I was thinking of transfering 40k or so to cover the possible shortfall and use the combo money in the bank option. My extension is due in April, if I transfer the 40k now and the pound dips below 38.3, will my 40k qualify under the 2 or 3 month rule or does it not apply to the combo method.

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

I dont know if you know the answer to this UJ. I have a BE income letter. My income is currently in the UK not a Thai bank. It just about covers my 65k monthly income as long as the pound is still worth over 38.3 baht to the pound. If the pound dips below this level I will not have the 65k per month. I was thinking of transfering 40k or so to cover the possible shortfall and use the combo money in the bank option. My extension is due in April, if I transfer the 40k now and the pound dips below 38.3, will my 40k qualify under the 2 or 3 month rule or does it not apply to the combo method.

It would be under the combination option which will require the money to be in the bank for 2 months. You total annual income and the money in the bank would have to total 800k baht.

What is not clear is the 400k baht minimum requirement when using the 800k baht in the bank option will apply to the combination option.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

I completed my OA extension today at Phuket and was handed this paper, entitled “New Policy” - interesting, particularly para 6...

AE77A132-8A50-4403-99A4-E177E93664A3.jpeg

That's the "grandfathering ruling" from older applicants before the 800K came in as needed sum..... some are still alive 

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

That's the "grandfathering ruling" from older applicants before the 800K came in as needed sum..... some are still alive 

I am sure I read somewhere that the applicant has to have been here continuously without a break since that date?

3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I am sure I read somewhere that the applicant has to have been here continuously without a break since that date?

Correct,  no break in between..., of course they may travel out Th. but must be continue application year by year all the time

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lots o luck proving you've been here continuously that long! Not to mention having kept a record of your bank accounts that long! Another well thought out ruling by Immigration.

They would not have to keep bank records for all that time , immigration can see in their records in which category they fit in ,only the present bank sum 200 /or 500 k requirements for them .

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As far as I know, we haven't heard one bit of information about this.

Does going under (either during the three months 800K or the later 400K) simply mean you won't be eligible for your next extension, or does that put the expat's current extension into the not valid zone. There was a comment from Phuket immigration about the 400K saying -- just don't do it. But people will do it either because they plan to leave or it just happens. 

Since there's no stated requirement for the extension holder to revisit immigration after 3 months for account checking or mechanism for immigration to check the account status autonomously after 3 months, after review of the bank statements for a subsequent application, it is the applicants NEXT extension that is imperiled if the draw down exceeds the criteria.

I agree that we haven't specifically heard how they do plan on enforcing this but based on current precedent where any single yearly extension is predicated on the proof of the applicants PREVIOUS 12 months of income, I consider the same will apply here and any extension issued for the next 12 months will remain good for the duration of those 12 months. Anything else would suggest the hard-pressed IO's having to do more work. The Phuket IO's 'just don't do it' is testament to them not wanting to think too hard about it and instead they issue a spurious, baseless and ultimately flawed bit of 'advice'.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Is there anyone who has been here that long without a break where they left Thailand?

Does it matter? Pretty sure that the few remaining long-term stayers that qualify under this grandfathered rule have been happily and easily re-qualifying and renewing year on year without incident. The ones that need to leave simply avail themselves of a re-entry permit and carry on as usual. It simply means that for each year GOING FORWARD, they have a lower fiscal bar to clear than most everyone else. Like every other applicant for an extension, nobody at Immigration is interested in how the applicant's finances have panned out beyond the immediately preceding 12 months.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

As far as I know, we haven't heard one bit of information about this.

Does going under (either during the three months 800K or the later 400K) simply mean you won't be eligible for your next extension, or does that put the expat's current extension into the not valid zone. There was a comment from Phuket immigration about the 400K saying -- just don't do it. But people will do it either because they plan to leave or it just happens. 

do you really think they will be monitoring all farangs bank accounts and come chasing people the day it goes under 400k?

lol

if you intend to leave and spend the cash before, but have permitted to stay stamp date is X months into the future, you can stay until that date without worry..

dont think they are gonna come banging your door down lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I present a copy of my monthly payments received by the Belgian Office of Pensions and a copy of my Belgian bank statements showing those monthly payments credited on my account. 

Same for the British Embassy.

We submitted letters from our Pension providers, bank statements, or tax receipts as evidence of income.

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

The Austrian Consulate issue a Letter of Income certifying my income, however there is no "real" verification.

They certify their letter.

Same as when you apply for an extension at TI and supply copies of documents, you self certify those copies by signing them.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Same for the British Embassy.

We submitted letters from our Pension providers, bank statements, or tax receipts as evidence of income.

Same as when you apply for an extension at TI and supply copies of documents, you self certify those copies by signing them.

So this option works only as long I.O notice it is same as those Emb. from who they did not accept anymore …..so better be preparing , slowly starting saving for the 800K or monthly 65k in future would be my advice !

Edited by david555

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Here is the text :

" On basis of the documents shown to the Consulate it is hereby certified that :

Mr. Luckyluke is receiving a monthly pension of EUR 1234,56 equivalent to approximately ThB 78901.

S.J.

Honorary Vice Consul. "

T.I. is satisfied with this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

so better be preparing , slowly starting saving for the 800K or monthly 65k in future would be my advice

Yes, this being Thailand maybe we should all be prepared for 1000000 instead of 800, 80000 instead of 65, other new TM's...

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Here is the text :

" On basis of the documents shown to the Consulate it is hereby certified that :

Mr. Luckyluke is receiving a monthly pension of EUR 1234,56 equivalent to approximately ThB 78901.

S.J.

Honorary Vice Consul. "

That looks already better ,comparing the old affidavit system handling , can you confirm that the annual statement from FVP (old name RVP..) with purple/red seal is what you delivered ? As years ago I delivered such and ask for stamping , and they said can not do that

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes, this being Thailand maybe we should all be prepared for 1000000 instead of 800, 80000 instead of 65, other new TM's...

About the sum , they seem to respect "grandfathering" ,at least the 2 ones from before  200K & 500K if continued the whole time..., so those now on 800K keep it continued or loose the "privilege grandfathering " 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, david555 said:

can you confirm that the annual statement from FVP (old name RVP..)

A copy of my monthly income from the ONPRVP, copied from their site, via "MyPension". 

As mentioned this is at the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya, I don' t know how they handle it at the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok.

Edited by luckyluke

14 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

A copy of my monthly income from the ONPRVP, copied from their site, via "MyPension". 

ok. As also on request you can obtain a statement from pension fund as mentioned, by mail , as by email the seal is missing , and as we al know a seal is as a "collectors item" for bureaucrats over the whole world ????

(for my combo I used it before, until 5 years now I use the 800K method ) 

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

and as we al know a seal is as a "collectors item" for bureaucrats over the whole world 

The L.o.I. with the colorful  arms from the Austrian Consulate is signed by the Vice Consul plus a nice blue stamp ( Republik Oesterreich - General Konsulat Pattaya ).

Officers at T.I. seems to be impressed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Here is the text :

S.J.

Honorary Vice Consul. "

And the British Embassy similarly stated;

Mr X has also stated that he receives monthly pensions totally £GBP xxxxx and has shown us letters from x.x.and x stating that he receives pensions totalling £GBP xxxxx.

TI have wrongly assumed the Embassies verified the incomes, which they never have.

After the request to 'verify' the BE put a disclaimer on the letter as they didn't want TI to interpret the letter (as they previously appeared to have done) as verified income.

In my opinion there is a difference between :

"MrX stated that he receive a pension of..." 

and 

"It is hereby certified that MrX receive a pension of..."

Anyway it is what it is now, and we will have to see what will come next, eventually. 

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

In my opinion there is a difference between :

"MrX stated that he receive a pension of..." 

and 

"It is hereby certified that MrX receive a pension of..."

Anyway it is what it is now, and we will have to see what will come next, eventually. 

You cut of the sentence and omitted 'and has shown us letters from X,X, and X'

Isn't that what you do?

Had TI remained insistent on incomes being 'verified', then every Embassy would have to cease the service.

• Like 1