Big mistake with Police

Murka

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BiB are inherently lazy.... 

Its very unlikely anything will be done. Your licence will be sat in the pile with all the others.

Go to the DLT and get a replacement licence. I don’t think you need a police report for a lost licence.

If on the very slim possibility the BiB follow up, you are just a foreigner who misunderstood what to do.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The BiB are inherently lazy.... 

Its very unlikely anything will be done. Your licence will be sat in the pile with all the others.

Go to the DLT and get a replacement licence. I don’t think you need a police report for a lost licence.

If on the very slim possibility the BiB follow up, you are just a foreigner who misunderstood what to do.

Thanks guys for replying answer!

do you think If they catch me later amount of fine will increase now I think I should pay 20 ok 30k example; let’s say after 3 moth the fine will increase or not ?

31 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Two things very disturbing here - one we are familiar with and is commented on multiple times daily, the other no one has mentioned (perhaps everyone expected it).

1) The crooked cop is willing to let a drunk driver not suffer any consequences in return for a bribe;

2) The cop lets the driver drive off drunk (so he can get the bribe money).

And if the drunk driver had returned with the money, the cop would have let him continue driving drunk.

If the OP is not a Troll I think he needs to get a good lawyer...

The cop could be facing some deep s**t and a good lawyer could stop the OP incriminating himself further and get his licence back, and as the cops has now lost all credibility I think it would be hard to make any DUI charges stick.

Of course a good lawyer is going to cost a lot more than 10,000THB

19 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Nice to see op worried about consequences of his actions after being caught,shame he wasn’t so worried about his actions and the consequences of having an accident before he decided to drink drive,,,

Sir. You are right I did mistake. But police and government here should have also some level of shame. How they treated with farang here . If your skin is white automatically you have to pay !!! 

14 minutes ago, Murka said:

Thanks guys for replying answer!

do you think If they catch me later amount of fine will increase now I think I should pay 20 ok 30k example; let’s say after 3 moth the fine will increase or not ?

I've already stated here, I hope it gets increased to about 100,000.

What kind of a dumb ass, thoughtless person with total disregard for innocent people are you?

In a post #36, newnative says "I would move to another country". Great advice. Thailand already has way too many alcohol impaired drivers who contribute to too many road deaths. 

1 hour ago, Murka said:

You Know this is make me crazy! Now I speded with my family 1 week in Chiang Rai I drove cross all country and I didn’t see any police on highways. But fuc.. Pattaya have police spot every 1 km . If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also .

1.  Simple solution.  Don't speed or drink and drive in Pattaya.  If you break the law, pay the fine.  

2.  There is no prostitution in Pattaya if you read the news.  

Yes, police can advise Immigration to stop criminals from leaving Thailand or, even worse for you, trying to re-enter Thailand again after you leave.  Good guys in, bad guys out.

5 minutes ago, Murka said:

police and government here should have also some level of shame. How they treated with farang here . If your skin is white automatically you have to pay !!! 

Well, you did get cought driving whilst under the influence of alcohol, what did you suspect?

4 hours ago, oxforddon said:

So now you don't have a drivers' licence so at every police stop you will get fined or hassled. And it is very possible that in the process of getting a new one, you might have to get a police report showing you "lost" your last one. In that process you may break another law by not telling the truth about how it was "lost". Also, a record might be placed against your vehicle when you wish to renew tax. As others have said, you may get a visit at your house to explain breaking yet another law - eg. driving away from the scene after being stopped.

It's not an offence to leave the scene of a crime. Crazy isn't it!! That's why the minibus drivers, wired out of their little heads do a runner to sober up/come down.

The truth is that likely nothing will happen. There is no proof that the OP was drunk. Roadside test is not admissible. 

This is why local drivers often drive/run away from the scene, only to turn up later, sober.

But of course if you want your licence back from the station, you will need to run the gauntlet or apply for another.

1 hour ago, Murka said:

You Know this is make me crazy! Now I speded with my family 1 week in Chiang Rai I drove cross all country and I didn’t see any police on highways. But fuc.. Pattaya have police spot every 1 km . If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also .

You get caught drink driving and you're complaining about massage parlours?

38 minutes ago, Murka said:

Sir. You are right I did mistake. But police and government here should have also some level of shame. How they treated with farang here . If your skin is white automatically you have to pay !!! 

What would be the penalty if caught DUI in your country? Probably a very hefty fine and loss of licence for 12 months or more.

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What would be the penalty if caught DUI in your country? Probably a very hefty fine and loss of licence for 12 months or more.

31 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You get caught drink driving and you're complaining about massage parlours?

The law should be for everyone equal.

So yes I am do not fell quilty because police want I paid him 10 000 under table and he let me go take out money from atm after he know I am drunk. So ok I will take all consequences my mystake I will be arrested in jail I will pay full fine  BUT police officer should be also arrest for call

bribe from me. 

As you mentioned yes you are right !! In my country police will kept my DL at least 12 months but also If POlICE WILL ONLY HAVE TRIED BRIBE HE WILL LOOSE JOB IMMEDIATELY!!! So if you wanna talking about quilty let’s talk but guilty for Thai and Farang same !!! Otherwise Iam not feel wrong .

6 minutes ago, Murka said:

The law should be for everyone equal.

So yes I am do not fell quilty because police want I paid him 10 000 under table and he let me go take out money from atm after he know I am drunk. So ok I will take all consequences my mystake I will be arrested in jail I will pay full fine  BUT police officer should be also arrest for call

bribe from me. 

As you mentioned yes you are right !! In my country police will kept my DL at least 12 months but also If POlICE WILL ONLY HAVE TRIED BRIBE HE WILL LOOSE JOB IMMEDIATELY!!! So if you wanna talking about quilty let’s talk but guilty for Thai and Farang same !!! Otherwise Iam not feel wrong .

You are in Thailand, stop whining and expecting things to be the same as back home. You haven't gone to jail or paid one satang yet, have you? And by the way, you offered him a bribe, he never asked for one, so don't be looking for sympathy.

1 hour ago, Murka said:

Cr*p. 

If your story is true, you are lucky he offered you a way out. I've had friends caught drink driving and it was a nasty experience in the cells for them and lucky for them they had someone able to go and pay 20,000 baht for them.

So I am going to have to assume that this is a Troll thread. As, no way someone who is totally in the wrong, would try to twist it as if it is the police are racist in stopping you, a self confessed drunk driver.

3 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:
9 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

I rarely stop for police /highway bandits and never hear anything about it

Don't worry unless they come to you

What you just drive through?

Actually that driving through works pretty good, at least with a big bike in Bangkok.

I never had any cop who tried to chase me. And never any follow up letters.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Actually that driving through works pretty good, at least with a big bike in Bangkok.

Does that include running red lights as well?

4 hours ago, Murka said:

Your spelling has gone from terrible with dodgy English to no problems , getting better with each post. Simply amazing! For a minute I thought you may be a troll having just joined today  ????

6 hours ago, Murka said:

No I am not . Just I am don’t worry if they find me and I have to pay 30 000 I count with this option. But I worry If the someone stop me when I will leaving the country in the immigration. Do they are connecting together police and Immigration government ? By the way this problem with police happend 2 weeks ago ???? 

10000 baht was cheap for DUI, why'd you drive away? I got done for 70000! Mind you I did hit the back of another car. Not drunk drive since.

59 minutes ago, giddyup said:
2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does that include running red lights as well?

I don't know. I care about red lights - even at zebra crossings and even if there are no pedestrians.

But I am not a fan of police shake downs.

10 minutes ago, jesimps said:

10000 baht was cheap for DUI, why'd you drive away? I got done for 70000! Mind you I did hit the back of another car. Not drunk drive since.

Good you learned your lesson there are few things i dislike more then people who drink and drive (or get stoned and drive). Risking the lives of others for own pleasure ranks really low for me. I lost someone to a drunk driver in the past. I don't have a problem with people doing drugs or alcohol as long as they don't drive. People should be free to do what they want as long as they don't bother / endanger others.

Its a good thing they finally start to punish people for drinking and driving though the chances of getting caught are pretty low still. Only time i ever got checked was in Pattaya never in BKK where i live. 

70.000, quite high, was that just the fine or did you have to pay damages to the other party. I would think that driving under the influence would mean no insurance cover. Where I come from the insurance still pays out to the other party but then claims it back at the person drinking and driving.

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know. I care about red lights - even at zebra crossings and even if there are no pedestrians.

But I am not a fan of police shake downs.

I once almost got T boned on my bike because some idiot thought it was fun to jump a light. You expect that at the beginning or end of a cycle.. not halfway through. It was at night, i came back from fishing, real scary, could have been whiped out. 

Archived