Big mistake with Police

Murka

Presuming your passport # is on your Thai DL the RTP can get your current address from immigration if they wanted to (unless you've given a false address to immigration). For all you know the BiB may have obtained a warrant for your arrest. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine if he gave you a breathalyser then he is an honest cop . Your Thai driving licence has your address on it  if you have moved and not changed your address on the licence that is another fine . Think it’s best you go to the police station and come clean about what happened and let us all know the outcome. Good luck !

11 hours ago, oxforddon said:

So now you don't have a drivers' licence so at every police stop you will get fined or hassled. And it is very possible that in the process of getting a new one, you might have to get a police report showing you "lost" your last one. In that process you may break another law by not telling the truth about how it was "lost". Also, a record might be placed against your vehicle when you wish to renew tax. As others have said, you may get a visit at your house to explain breaking yet another law - eg. driving away from the scene after being stopped.

possible but I think highly unlikely as this would require organization and record keeping.

16 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I would imagine if he gave you a breathalyser then he is an honest cop . Your Thai driving licence has your address on it  if you have moved and not changed your address on the licence that is another fine . Think it’s best you go to the police station and come clean about what happened and let us all know the outcome. Good luck !

advising him to go into the hornets nest lol....

56 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well hopefully they will catch you, fine you and stick you in jail, then deport you, as a danger to yourself and everyone else.  

just put him and the cop in a cell together with 10000 baht and whoever ends up with the money wins!!!

8 hours ago, Murka said:

You Know this is make me crazy! Now I speded with my family 1 week in Chiang Rai I drove cross all country and I didn’t see any police on highways. But fuc.. Pattaya have police spot every 1 km . If they care about law why they don’t close all massage salons in Pattaya because sex for many is under low also .

someone once said that these police departments should be viewed as franchises and i would think pattaya is at the top of the heap for money making... and it has little to do with proper enforcement...

6 hours ago, Murka said:

The law should be for everyone equal.

So yes I am do not fell quilty because police want I paid him 10 000 under table and he let me go take out money from atm after he know I am drunk. So ok I will take all consequences my mystake I will be arrested in jail I will pay full fine  BUT police officer should be also arrest for call

bribe from me. 

As you mentioned yes you are right !! In my country police will kept my DL at least 12 months but also If POlICE WILL ONLY HAVE TRIED BRIBE HE WILL LOOSE JOB IMMEDIATELY!!! So if you wanna talking about quilty let’s talk but guilty for Thai and Farang same !!! Otherwise Iam not feel wrong .

You are the one who is wrong ! Drinking and driving, are you out of your mind? You want to kill someone?

He could arrest you for murder first degree.

When i was younger (im not a saint), i did once, driving and drunk and i promised myself after being home again, it would never happen again.

I drive , i dont drink, YOU just CANT ! I stick to that rule !

ANd i agree with high fines on that, same as on driving with drugs or with the bloody phone in their hands. 

Let them pay big time.

The mistake the OP made was getting into the car to drive. He then compounded the mistake by doing a runner. IMHO he should check himself into a psychiatric hospital for help. Or maybe a detox centre, if he has a habit of driving when drunk.

7 hours ago, Murka said:

Sir. You are right I did mistake. But police and government here should have also some level of shame. How they treated with farang here . If your skin is white automatically you have to pay !!! 

If your white face is caught driving drunk in Murkaland, you'll pay a whole lot more as well.

Stop trying to play the victim card here.

7 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

There is no proof that the OP was drunk. Roadside test is not admissible. 

I guess you haven't been bailed up at a full-blown breath test traffic stop lately? He got out of the car, he has given over his DL, he blew over the legal limit and he has probably already signed something (too pished to remember or thinks it's insignificant). So there's probably paperwork already started. The cops are simply waiting for this meal ticket to pop up somewhere else... eventually. If he's still driving around in Pattaya, I reckon it will be quite soon.

Unless of course the easy-out for a traffic stop breath test in your homeland is simply to drive away, under the influence still while the cops say, "Drat! Another one just slipped through our fingers!"

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

this is, linguistically obviously, a troll post.

there seem to be more and more of such posts on this site... i'd say more but...

Strangely enough just before I read your post I was thinking "shouldn't there be a sub-forum entitled "Tall Tales from Newbies?*"

* by Newbies I'm thinking new handles, not necessarily new contributors.

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Hand yourself in and hopefully a stretch awaits you. Drink drivers I'd string them up. Should be mandatory 2 year sentence

Yeah!... and make 'em self-castrate 'emselves with rusty scissors and...

Oops... sorry. Wrong thread.

1 hour ago, Caine said:

You were ripped off the going rate in Pattaya is 5000baht. Now you’re in big trouble they have your name at immigration. Expect to get your collar felt at the airport on departure. 

Going rate is 10k.

Doubt that the cop has mentioned it to anyone else. How's he going to explain the escape. Usually, without a bribe, as soon as you fail the test it's cuffs on and in the back of the pickup. "Err boss, he asked me if he could go to the 7/11 for some smokes and didn't come back". I don't think so. Licence is probably in a nearby bin.

However, that's the part of the story that smells a bit. If you haven't got the money and need to go to an ATM, the cop always goes with you. Never heard of anyone drive off to an ATM on their own. Cops are used to dealing with Thais and know that there's no way the guy would return.

9 hours ago, Murka said:

Sir. You are right I did mistake. But police and government here should have also some level of shame. How they treated with farang here . If your skin is white automatically you have to pay !!! 

And if you’re a drunk lowlife you should get off scot free?

Archived