Big mistake with Police

Murka

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Or the word of a drunken farang that did a runner.

My money's on the cop.

According to the OP the cop told him to go to the ATM...

So if drove off has the cop reported him?

Big Joke is supposed to be hunting down corrupt cops so could be interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

According to the OP the cop told him to go to the ATM...

So if drove off has the reported him? 

Big Joke is supposed to be hunting down corrupt cops so could be interesting. 

Which is why the cop wouldn't have reported him. That and severe loss of face with his mates. "A drunken farang has just made me look like a right 'un" No chance.

However, woe betide the OP if he ever comes across the same cop again.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

This advice from an albeit anonymous guy who posts on a public forum that he smokes (and carries) weed in a country where it is illegal.

Well if he's never been busted, probably the right guy to take advice from on this subject.

12 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

but depending your location and what the cops are like. 

they are probably to lazy to go through  that extra work.

The Pattaya traffic cops already share the identity of foreigners caught while DUI with the local Immigration cops as a formality in their pursuit of illegals and overstayers as a few local smartass, farang pissheads have discovered to their chagrin.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The Pattaya traffic cops already share the identity of foreigners caught while DUI with the local Immigration cops as a formality in their pursuit of illegals and overstayers as a few local smartass, farang pissheads have discovered to their chagrin.

Name one.

In Pattaya, they just trouser the 10k and pretend it never happened.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Please show photos, I think I saw one of these types last night but it sure would spice up this thread to confirm.

Go to the police staion and say you were driving home when a police officer stopped you and you could smell he had been drinking.

He bumped against you car and asked for you driving licence and slurred something about giving him 10k .

You drove off in fear of the drunken officer.

Easy ..just change your province after.

On 2/22/2019 at 1:44 AM, Murka said:

Thanks guys for replying answer!

do you think If they catch me later amount of fine will increase now I think I should pay 20 ok 30k example; let’s say after 3 moth the fine will increase or not ?

after 3 moth it goes up to butterfly and that is very bad

On 2/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Caine said:

You were ripped off the going rate in Pattaya is 5000baht. Now you’re in big trouble they have your name at immigration. Expect to get your collar felt at the airport on departure. 

a friend got ripped for 20000 smoking e cig, back of cops bike to ATM then back to about 20 metres from bar. transaction complete  

Carry on life ss usual( minus the drink driving its not clever)  and  plead he didnt give you a ticket and didnt teturn your licence, no , own up honesty is the best policy unless youve been silly eneough to cross  a local bobby. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2019 at 1:07 AM, Murka said:

What can happened ??

Probably nothing. By Thai standards, what you did was nothing. He is also way outta line asking for a bribe and you can mention this to the police chief if you ever end up down the police station. You can say you drove off as he tried to extort 10k from you.

As for the drivers licence, I found it cheaper not to have one! Just pay the cop when he stops you, cheaper and quicker than going down the police station to pay a fine and get your licence back.

A cop took my Thai drivers licence (third time). You should have seen the look on his face when I told him he could keep it.

Oh and if you're drunk, why are you driving?

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

As for the drivers licence, I found it cheaper not to have one! Just pay the cop when he stops you, cheaper and quicker than going down the police station to pay a fine and get your licence back.

Naughty boy.

33 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Very depressing, but be glad you live in a country where you can buy your way out of everything short of murder. I actually like the system.

I think you'll find the "system" does not stop short of murder, it just costs more. Amazing Thailand.

Archived