Finding out if there's a planned condo development?

banagan

3 hours ago, moontang said:

There are several different height restrictions nowadays, in Mueang..otherwise, there are never any real guarantees.

Yes, up to 4 stories. Unfortunately the unit I'm looking at is on the 3rd floor. Would be good to find out something about it. I know lots of plots that have been empty for years.

That sounds like a huge risk I think.

Not only what will go there but the possibility of 2 years of banging construction before they finish.

Sometimes real estate agents get info. on what is going on if there is one nearby, maybe stop and ask them.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

That sounds like a huge risk I think.

Not only what will go there but the possibility of 2 years of banging construction before they finish.

Sometimes real estate agents get info. on what is going on if there is one nearby, maybe stop and ask them.

Private sale, no agent. I know... I lived in an awesome 2 bed condo when I first got here, large balcony with full view of Doi Suthep, only 6k pm. 6 months in, the jack hammers started, 8 story condo built right in front. They offered to drop the rent 500, but I was off.
Of course, who knows, this land could have been lying derelict for 20 years, and could be for a lot longer... I need to know the facts ????

That is something you should be concerned about but unless you speak Thai or have a Thai wife/girlfriend who understands your concerns and is knowledgeable about the city government you are out of luck. Take your chances and roll the dice particularly if you are only going to rent. If the lot has been cleared and is kept that way chances are pretty good that something will be built on it. Rent for six months first and go from there after.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

That is something you should be concerned about but unless you speak Thai or have a Thai wife/girlfriend who understands your concerns and is knowledgeable about the city government you are out of luck. Take your chances and roll the dice particularly if you are only going to rent. If the lot has been cleared and is kept that way chances are pretty good that something will be built on it. Rent for six months first and go from there after.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Cheers, I have a buddy who's gf is on the ball, good English. Will see if she can turn anything up.

The area is prime, so good for Airbnb, possible shitty reviews if there's a lot of construction though... they're supposed to start and stop a certain time though, right?

It's my understanding that there's an eight story restriction in the area just outside the Old City.  That's why a renovated unit in an upper floor of an older building like Riverside, Rim Ping, Floral, Srithana 2, Nakorn Ping, Hillside 4 can be a good choice because you know that nothing is going to to be build in the vicinity that will block the view.  Plus these buildings are in good locations with restaurants, grocery shopping and services like barbers, mani/pedi, hair salons, etc all within walking distance.

Archived