Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:41
Captor

Jewelry in Bangkok

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have try to find webpages with jewelry, rings, in Bangkok. But nothing. Only were they showing the shops or the counters from 200 m distance. I would like to see what rings they have up close. And also maybe order.

Is there anyone who knows about some webpages like this?

 

Best Regards

Captor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captor said:

Is there anyone who knows about some webpages like this?

Personally you would be better off looking yourself in many gold shops IMO anyway googled in 5 secs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=are+there+close+up+pictures+of+jewelry,+rings,+sold+in+Thailand&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiI0uSFws7gAhWCqI8KHSIaBgkQsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1094&bih=510

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Good day Kwasaki,

Yes I would like to do that but I am 9000 km away.

I have done the google searches but not found what I am after. The search you did is about rings sold in Thailand. The show sold rings from all over the world. Not so much help for me. I will visit shops in Bangkok next time. But before that I would like to see roughly what the have. What style. So I know what shops to visit when in Bangkok because I don´t want to use my whole holiday on this.

One of few I have found is for example this: https://www.jubileediamond.co.th/product-category/women-ring/

That webpage is showing a lot of rings. That is what I am after. However this webpage are only showing very "flashy" rings. They are "to much" if you understand what I mean. Tasteless in my eyes. Not the style we are use to in the west.

Are all wedding rings like this in Thailand? Maybe that is the common style?

In that case maybe better I buy in europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

I am assuming that you cant visit the shop in person?

Yes, that is correct. Please see my answer to Kwasaki. I would like to find out shops to visit when I come next time and not spend so much time on looking in every shop/mall in Bangkok. So that is why I would like to do some checking at home already and the pick out a few shops to visit.

Maybe there is a certain area in Bangkok where there are many jewelries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, blackcab said:

Moved to Bangkok forum.

Thanks, I was not able to place the topic in Bangkok forum when I created it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Captor said:

That webpage is showing a lot of rings. That is what I am after. However this webpage are only showing very "flashy" rings. They are "to much" if you understand what I mean. Tasteless in my eyes. Not the style we are use to in the west.

Are all wedding rings like this in Thailand? Maybe that is the common style?

Yes I understand Thais like OTT, didn't know you were not in Thailand. 

Not all rings shown are like this Thai gold shops will make you what you want, some shops have workshops.

My wife and I just had plain ' D ' shaped rings made and inscription written inside along with a gold value mark stamp.

https://www.marrymediamonds.com/products/rings/wedding-bands-his-and-hers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes I understand Thais like OTT, didn't know you were not in Thailand. 

Not all rings shown are like this Thai gold shops will make you what you want, some shops have workshops.

My wife and I just had plain ' D ' shaped rings made and inscription written inside along with a gold value mark stamp.

https://www.marrymediamonds.com/products/rings/wedding-bands-his-and-hers

I should have mentioned that I am not inThailand, sorry.

THAT is a nice webpage! Exactly what I am looking for. I will give that a closer look this afternoon. But it look like this is a shop I will visit in April. I have not been able to find this myself. I have searched for rings, wedding rings, engagement rings, jewelry, gems and so on. Puh! Thanks a lot!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Captor said:

I should have mentioned that I am not inThailand, sorry.

THAT is a nice webpage! Exactly what I am looking for. I will give that a closer look this afternoon. But it look like this is a shop I will visit in April. I have not been able to find this myself. I have searched for rings, wedding rings, engagement rings, jewelry, gems and so on. Puh! Thanks a lot!

I'm not a computer expert 😄 searching on google you have to mess around with your search wording, that's what find.

Goodluck have a safe trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not a computer expert 😄 searching on google you have to mess around with your search wording, that's what find.

Goodluck have a safe trip.

🙂 Me too. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can find it through famous ecommers websites which are opperating in bankok through those website you can find it easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jewelry Trade Center has a website with information on the shops there. Each shop show a few examples but you might be able to find the individual shops website there also. The Center is about the best items in the city from what I am told for stones and jewels. For gold it is Chinatown shops and I do not know about their websites. Here is the link to the Jewelry Trade Center.

 

http://www.jewelrytradecenter.com/jewelry-trade-center/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobTH said:

The Jewelry Trade Center has a website with information on the shops there. Each shop show a few examples but you might be able to find the individual shops website there also. The Center is about the best items in the city from what I am told for stones and jewels. For gold it is Chinatown shops and I do not know about their websites. Here is the link to the Jewelry Trade Center.

 

http://www.jewelrytradecenter.com/jewelry-trade-center/

 

Hi,

Very nice! I will look into that, thanks! You say it is gold in Chinatown. You mean pure gold only or gold with some small diamond or something like that? Maybe I go there too and take a look. I want gold with some small diamond maybe. But not to "flashy". She must be able to wear the ring every day! Thanks I will google about Chinatown and see what pops up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where to buy a white gold (14-18k) engagement type ring in BKK? Simple bezzel, three stone. I would also need to buy a center stone, have two already. Just keepsake diamond.

 

I'd bought a platinum wedding ring for wife bc white gold requires replating. Any comments on that?

 

Also, anywhere to get the ring stretched every so slightly and restamped PLAT. The stamp is very off-center.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...