Beware revealing graphic details of charcoal suicides, media is warned

webfact

The most efficently applied charcoal  manslauter-suicide wasn't in a car, but a commercial flight! Multi deaths on a flight to Mecca, when someone got hungry during the very long flight, and decided to cook up something in the aisle. 30 odd years back, and very well illustrated in Malaysian newspapers 

12 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Yes. And probably increasing in number  because of the selfish  attitude of society .

For the terminally ill and those in incurable severe chronic/acute pain that the desire to  bring an early end can  be understood. Suicide in those  situations are probably  less  traumatic in outcome similar to  natural  cause.

But suicide for  emotional cause has a  much more traumatic effect especially  involving  young people.

By emotional  cause  I mean  the  whole gambit  of emotional stress.

The  variants  involved  in  family situations , educational expectations, general social expectations, employment, financial...all of  which have an effect on the individual's induced perception of  self worth so  often influenced  by social  environment.

All of us  have  some tendency  to labile emotional highs and lows.

Sadly  if a low coincides  with an emotional crisis, as perceived  by  an individual, the thought of  suicide as  a means to escape over rides  the  instinct  for  self preservation.

So  "soft in the head" may be an accurate but temporary and  fatal description.

"Hard  Doers" may scoff  but need understand a  good  percentage  of same such are  among the statistical count.

I am a Hard Head(case),Had some real Dramas and lows in my life Including My Dad checking out himself 20 years ago at an age of 82  with a Noose .He told me 5 years before that, that he didn't want to be a burden to my Mother . the doctors stuffed his eyes up with the wrong Laser treatment for his Macular degeneration. 

Archived