Actor Smollett staged 'hate crime' hoax to advance career: Chicago police

webfact

18 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

i understand that the left wing hoax media is coming up with a conspiracy stories about smollet being set up by police officers which are trump supporters. typical left wing thrash journalism.

fox news brought the story up.

wbr

Left wing hoax media...and Fox News!

'nuff said!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

No you are not.

Now, he's hell-bent for destruction, he's afraid and confused, And his brain has been mismanaged with great skill. All he believes are his eyes, And his eyes, they just tell him lies. -- Bob Dylan

great dylan lyric

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Ahahaha yeah right. We are in a thread of a black gay man FAKING a hate crime against himself (a black gay man) with everyone deflecting to trump and talking about the "rise in hate crimes" since trump took office, but you want me to believe you were just "talking generally" and weren't just wrong in your original post. 

Sure, pal. Sure. 

You can read, right?!

So do that and show me, where I mentioned any specific kind of hate crime!

Exactly: he is black and gay...that are already 2 different demographics!

I rest my case!

Have a nice day!

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well another 'luvvy' playing the race and homophobic card. Hopefully his dream will come true biting the pillar on D wing.

No sympathy for him at all. wanting a pay rise. Pure greed.

What he allegedly did is totally inexcusable.

But so is your homophobia and cheerleading for prison rape. 
So I guess that you and similar homophobes will be disappointed that if he is sent to prison, being a celebrity that has now been disgraced, he probably will be in more protected custody.

I'm not sure that his crime will result in prison time, but I think a more creative punishment would be letting him continue to work and make him give most of his future earnings for support for ACTUAL hate crime victims would be much better for all in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Take a chill pill. Where did I say rape. I did not. He might quite like having consensual sex in a prison. Ask him.

Stop jumping on the bandwagon. It doesn't suit you.

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Take a chill pill. Where did I say rape. I did not. He might quite like having consensual sex in a prison. Ask him.

Stop jumping on the bandwagon. It doesn't suit you.

Foul. Dude, readers here weren't born yesterday. To suggest gay people are happy to go to prison is a classic Grade A homophobic trope. It's idiotic and wrong. You lost your moral ground attacking him (and if guilty he deserves it) by twisting this one alleged crime of one gay men to support vile homophobia. That's another reason why what he allegedly did is so damaging -- it's gives fuel to homophobes who are going to try to universalize one incident to suggest hate crimes don't really exist, or are very small in number, or are mostly fake. 

I'm not on any bandwagon.

Assuming he's guilty, this one man deserves to be punished severely, whatever that punishment turns out to be.

But that does not rationalize homophobia or ignoring future hate crime victim reports. 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So I guess that you and similar homophobes will be disappointed that if he is sent to prison, being a celebrity that has now been disgraced, he probably will be in more protected custody.

I'm not sure that his crime will result in prison time, but I think a more creative punishment would be letting him continue to work and make him give most of his future earnings for support for ACTUAL hate crime victims would be much better for all in the long run. 

Who said anything about rape, he is probably looking forward to a few months surrounded by other guys, that's not homophobic, what is there to be afraid of. If he gets charged with the fake letter they will have to put him away. What future earnings? nobody is going to employ a criminal.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Foul. Dude, readers here weren't born yesterday. To suggest gay people are happy to go to prison is a classic Grade A homophobic trope. It's idiotic and wrong. You lost your moral ground attacking him (and if guilty he deserves it) by twisting this one alleged crime of one gay men to support vile homophobia. That's another reason why what he allegedly did is so damaging -- it's gives fuel to homophobes who are going to try to universalize one incident to suggest hate crimes don't really exist, or are very small in number, or are mostly fake. 

I'm not on any bandwagon.

Assuming he's guilty, this one man deserves to be punished severely, whatever that punishment turns out to be.

But that does not rationalize homophobia or ignoring future hate crime victim reports. 

It was an off remark. I admit. This does not define my opinions Dude.

This is what is wrong with the world today and definitely here. Every little remark people jump on the bandwagon yes bandwagon. You can't say a small joking remark. The snowflake generation have definitely  overtaken. It seems to ignite those waiting to pounce on others for some justification.

The time when people use to say stick and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me. Geez the slightest innuendo and people are off to the lawyers. It is not a world I believe has progressed but digressed.

So take it as you wish. It was a slight innuendo that you have now given your justification to label me, which is wrong.

The world has gone mad and over sensitive and IMHO. My last take on it.

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

calling for prison rape is wrong plain and simple but this guy really should do some time given the wasted resources and more importantly he indirectly is guilty of a hate crime himself by stoking the fire.... he is a pathetic human being.

Smollett, bless his little heart, is the victim here...bolstered by years of false allegations going back as far as the Clarence Thomas nomination hearing. Not one false accuser has been denounced or punished...instead they have been surrounded by left sympathizers...given perks, privledges, and even prestigious  jobs while enjoying their moment in the spotlight.

Smollett is guilt of being stupid enough to think the horror of the allegations would overshadow any naysayers...

There is legal precedent, dating back to the 15th century: see The Boy Who Cried Wolf ????

As with everything else in today's 'connected world' a mountain is being built out of a molehill.

Who cares about this moron, really. Before this story he was unknown, but now vacuous, blatant self promoters see an opportunity to get their indignation in the spotlight.

Anyone who cares about this moron, or anyone getting excited about it should look at themselves and ask is there nothing more productive they could do with their ire, or time...

54 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

There is legal precedent, dating back to the 15th century: see The Boy Who Cried Wolf ????

As with everything else in today's 'connected world' a mountain is being built out of a molehill.

Who cares about this moron, really. Before this story he was unknown, but now vacuous, blatant self promoters see an opportunity to get their indignation in the spotlight.

Anyone who cares about this moron, or anyone getting excited about it should look at themselves and ask is there nothing more productive they could do with their ire, or time...

You might want to forward that comment to the BBC, among other "progressive" media outlets, who made this the biggest story on their website for a number of days, because it fed their precious narrative of a racist, homophobic United States made worse by President Trump.

There's enough egg on their faces to create a Guinness World Record for the world's biggest omelette.......

21 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

this sort of thing disproves the claims of the the "hate crime" industry.

if america were as homophobic and rascist as some believe, why would juicy need to import nigerian princes to fake an attack?

Why do people keep calling them Nigerians, they are American citizens from Chicago. They will have to be charged with something as well but not very much will happen to them as they gave up Smollett. Smollett has to be one of the most stupid criminals in American history, he paid them by cheque and there are all the phone and SMS records, he could have done it all without them. His career is over, he wanted a pay rise cos 440k a series was not enough, well he wont be getting any more pay any time soon after this.

calling for prison rape is wrong plain and simple but this guy really should do some time given the wasted resources and more importantly he indirectly is guilty of a hate crime himself by stoking the fire.... he is a pathetic human being.
He should do whatever the law demands assuming he is convicted. My idea probably isn't possible under the law but I still like it. His motivation was apparently greed and in the process he damaged the credibility of all hate crime victims in some of the public's eye. So I think taking a lot of his money to provide support to legitimate crime victims would be perfect justice tailored to him specifically.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

30 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

What a MORON. And NO boo-hoo for you!

This cracked actor crybaby is reported to be earning close to $125,000 USD per episode recently. I enjoy the show, but OVERPAID IMO. :1zgarz5:

just 125k usd per episode, hmmm that confirms his own belief he is underpaid

he aint no denzel

35 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Why do people keep calling them Nigerians, they are American citizens from Chicago. They will have to be charged with something as well but not very much will happen to them as they gave up Smollett. Smollett has to be one of the most stupid criminals in American history, he paid them by cheque and there are all the phone and SMS records, he could have done it all without them. His career is over, he wanted a pay rise cos 440k a series was not enough, well he wont be getting any more pay any time soon after this.

that's what's in all the news articles.  saw one reference online to their facebook page claiming to be from lagos, would assume that's where the newswriters sourced it.  as far as i know, only one quote where one of the bro's claimed to be us citizens.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Let him go to prison first and then he can pay restitution and make amends when he gets out. If this was some redneck in a MAGA hat doubt you would be calling for anything other than jail time.

Let him go to prison first and then he can pay restitution and make amends when he gets out. If this was some redneck in a MAGA hat doubt you would be calling for anything other than jail time.
I'm calling for whatever is usual under the law in that jurisdiction. I like creative sentencing when it is legally available. About maga hats yes I do see them as hateful symbols. You are free to disagree.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm calling for whatever is usual under the law in that jurisdiction. I like creative sentencing when it is legally available. About maga hats yes I do see them as hateful symbols. You are free to disagree.

Creative sentencing would be seen as a rich elite escaping the law. Let some little kid that goes around throwing eggs at black people and gay people's houses and give them that sort of sentence.

Creative sentencing should be for kids that are developing morals not adults that should know they are wrong. But sure sentence him to do his parole in a place like West Virginia. He will learn that red state Americans by and large are some of the most kind and genuine people you will ever meet.

He would also found out how hard it is to find a good paying job in the real world and what true hardships actually look like.

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Creative sentencing would be seen as a rich elite escaping the law. Let some little kid that goes around throwing eggs at black people and gay people's houses and give them that sort of sentence.

Creative sentencing should be for kids that are developing morals not adults that should know they are wrong. But sure sentence him to do his parole in a place like West Virginia. He will learn that red state Americans by and large are some of the most kind and genuine people you will ever meet.

He would also found out how hard it is to find a good paying job in the real world and what true hardships actually look like.

Those are some things to think about but back to real life, he's a big earner and what I've proposed is a sort of Solomonic punishment, punishes his greed, and rewards the class of people that he's harmed. A better result for society than prison time and ruining his earning power. 

Archived