Actor Smollett staged 'hate crime' hoax to advance career: Chicago police

webfact

My problem with this case and its handling is simple. Smollett committed a prolonged hate crime against Trump and his supporters. He deliberately tried to stoke racial tensions. Weak politicians and news channels used his hoax to further attack white people. Words like lynching were extremely inflammatory. This could easily have gone the way of Rodney King in LA. People talk about him getting some community service, or a light slap on the wrist. This is nonsense. Including the fake white powder sent to his studio, this looks more like political terrorism to me. That he still whimpers his innocence is beyond the pale. Life without parole fits this horrific crime.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Those are some things to think about but back to real life, he's a big earner and what I've proposed is a sort of Solomonic punishment, punishes his greed, and rewards the class of people that he's harmed. A better result for society than prison time and ruining his earning power. 

Nope he should get the same as anybody else. The economic loss... well there are plenty of potential actors that will take his place. Don't disagree about prison being counter productive but this case isn't the one that should be set aside for alternative justice. Start with people that are actually oppressed and commit crimes based upon that not some spoiled TV star.

His earning power is already gone. I don't think he is going to easily find a job after this. Will be interesting to see how his current contract plays out. He should be fired.

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Nope he should get the same as anybody else. The economic loss... well there are plenty of potential actors that will take his place. Don't disagree about prison being counter productive but this case isn't the one that should be set aside for alternative justice. Start with people that are actually oppressed and commit crimes based upon that not some spoiled TV star.

I don't have a problem with whatever punishment they dish out. But I'm not sure my proposed punishment is softer than some prison time. If they took most of his money for life and the rest of his life would be about atoning for his huge mistake, that punishment is arguably more harsh, and again, does more good. It's academic of course. His judge won't be Solomon. 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't have a problem with whatever punishment they dish out. But I'm not sure my proposed punishment is softer than some prison time. If they took most of his money for life and the rest of his life would be about atoning for his huge mistake, that punishment is arguably more harsh, and again, does more good. It's academic of course. His judge won't be Solomon. 

Well let's see if he can dodge a potential federal case. He is likely to skate away with no more than some county jail out of the local charges. They will push for a deal which isn't a felony and non-custodial. He definitely should get a felony. 

I would hope the prosecutor would reject any plea deal. He may try to go to trial with Geragos and I don't think even Geragos can get him out of this. If the feds pursue it the road ahead is grim for him.

12 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

the us hoax media cnn, wapo, nytimes, nbc etc. tried to suppress news coverage about the privileged black man smollet only after fox news brought it up others jumped the wagon

also another example of a mentally unfit black democrat is kamala harris for she called the crime a modern day time lynching,what a political idiot. such democratic females like harris run for presidency.

wbr

roobaa01

Kamala Harris is as sleazy as they come and jumping on the band wagon with the hate crime stuff put her in front of the cameras. Her start in politics was as a mistress to dirtbag Willie Brown who was 30 years her senior and California Assembly Speaker. Wait until her political opponents start in on her.  Smollett hurt real victims.  Hope they throw the book at him and fine him for the ALL costs associated with the investigation and court hearings.  His punishment should be jail time and being broke when he comes out. Those bashing Trump in connection with this are just plain foolish as he spoke up about how awful the purported act was against Smollett from the beginning.  This was an act of a stupid man wanting attention and more notoriety and money.  Well Smollett got the notoriety. 

So he's been fired. Good for Fox I did not think they would do that. Roseanne was fired immediately for a totally inconsequential act compared to this nuclear scale race baiting Smollett did.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jussie-smollett/fox-cuts-smolletts-character-from-empire-after-arrest-idUSKCN1QB1UE

My hope in all this is that all these hoax racist crimes will stop. There are so many fake acts of blacks spraying swastikas on houses etc and claiming to be victims. The list is endless. Are there more hoaxes than real race hate crimes. I suspect so, yes. Anyway hope it can stop now and we all live happily ever after.

What does it take for a gay black guy to get beaten up in the wee hours these days Jeessh....? 

Answer: If no racist, homophobic, tobacco spitting, MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters can be found...simply hire two of your black Nigerian friends. Carry a subway sandwich which you still have hold of after the beating, even with a noose around your neck! Then go on tv and give and interview to the pandering left wing media, who will eat up the story without question.....WALA! You have the pandering luvvies on your side that will froth at the mouth pointing fingers at ALL 'deplorables' .....Americas first 'anti lynching' bill also happens to get passed on the very same day as the 'alleged' attack......with the fake attack being sited as a reason the bill needs to be passed!!

It all works out well. 

Sung to the tune of Yankee Doodle: Jussie Smollett lied his ass off faking an ass beating. MAGA wearing Trump supporters got those snowflakes seething... 

The comedy continues.

Archived