Bread In Chiang Rai

Domyamkung

Was just looking in Phuket forum where someone was asking about bread and gave me an idea to ask here in Chiang Rai.

I have yet to get nice bread in Chiang Rai, the croisants and french sticks in BigC and the bakery opposite the bus station are terrible.

Anyone know where to get nice fresh crusty french sticks or other breads in Chiang Rai?

Was just looking in Phuket forum where someone was asking about bread and gave me an idea to ask here in Chiang Rai.

I have yet to get nice bread in Chiang Rai, the croisants and french sticks in BigC and the bakery opposite the bus station are terrible.

Anyone know where to get nice fresh crusty french sticks or other breads in Chiang Rai?

Every now and then Bic C gets the french bread right. First thing, I walk over and give the loaves a squeeze. Can tell right away if they are good. If so, I buy the best 3-4 loaves and immedietaly cut, seal and freeze them when i get home. Take a piece out let thaw room temp. As good as the day you bought it. Mind you this is like the lottery, you dont win every day, but once in awhile you get lucky and get a few decent loaves. Spoiled now living in the old French Concession of Shanghai, tons of top notch French bakeries. Ahh the Paris of Asia.

Making dough for your own french bread is pretty easy. Do it quite a bit for pizza when in LOS, Only thing is you need an oven and stone.

Maybe a business opportunity here. But as soon as the Thais see you are making dough,,, there will be a hundred shops all around you.

I still think that the Bakery at the Tourist Inn beside Wat Jet Yod makes one of the best bread in town. There is another interesting place almost to the back of the Provincial Court house (Design 101) where there is also a pastry shop.