Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

webfact

Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A three year old child is in a serious condition in a Sri Racha hospital after being attacked by a pack of ten dogs. 

It is the second attack in two days in Thailand. 

A neighbor has agreed to pay 100,000 baht. 

Jitpirom Phoonpatanassuk, 65, said she had taken her grandson Namning to look at some coffee plants growing next to their house. He had run back home. 

Next thing she knew Namning was screaming after being savaged by at least ten animals. 

He suffered cuts and bites to his entire body and was covered in blood, reported Daily News. 

He had cuts on his head, waist,back, and left and right side of his body. 

She took him to Phayathai Sri Racha hospital where doctors said he is being given X-rays. He can't move. 

The neighbor initially blamed the toddler for entering his property then agreed to settle with 100,000 baht. 

But a report has been made with Sri Racha police by the grandmother. 

Thursday's attack followed one on a five year old Finnish boy at Ao Nang beach in  Krabi. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"But the security guard shot that bitey dog for no reason the other day and deserves to go to jail. Typical aggressive Somchai."

~ 40% of TVF users on the other thread.

I love animals, but its time for Thailand to put the Buddhist principles aside and eradicate some stray dogs.

9 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

I'd have thought the "wild" bit probably pretty obviously implied that the neighbour probably didn't own all of them? Pack animals naturally congregate together. So likely a couple of the neighbours dogs plus a bunch of local strays

These are half wild, these are like the packs  out in the morning where I used to walk. As often as not some helpful Somchai would come out to drop dogfood for them. I assume make merit by this act. No one owned them.  BTW this is the reason I got my rabies prophylaxis vaccinations. When you have large populations of strays that are tolerated, fed, it's just the vector pool for Rabies.

Not that this attack had anything to do with Rabies. This could just be dogs being dogs ... Shock Gasp Horror. ???? They need to be put down.

What no visit from the PM !! Sorry the victim is a Thai child, no headlines to be made.

When oh when are the authorities going to do something about this very serious problem?

Long past time this stray dog problem was taken seriously, and something drastic done.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Why can't people see the problem here, it's not difficult, get rid of the damn dogs.

It seems so straight forward. When a dog bites a human the dog gets put down. A stray mutt at my condo tried to bite me and the security guard said, "mai pen rai." I complained to the condo about the guards taking care of the stray mutts and they blew me off. It makes my condo and the city look unclean and bad when there are stray mutts craping everywhere and chasing people.

We had a massive problem with soi dogs some while ago. You had to have a stick handy just to get out of your car. Our local copper who lived up the end of the soi had the right idea. One evening I heard the repetitive crack of a 9mm. The ones he didn't manage to shoot, moved on, and the soi has been dog free since

I've lived next to people who kept 10 or more dogs in their compound. Dogs in packs behave like, well, dogs in packs. Most stray dogs are actually fearful of people, and with good reason, but there is sometimes an aggressive alpha dog that turns the situation into a dangerous one. Other people on my soi let their dogs out to roam, and some of them are attack dogs. Insane. These owned dogs then sometimes gather in packs with strays. Stray dogs can be a problem, for sure, but the problem isn't always strays, and either way, this needs to be dealt with humanely - which is not what has been happening. Dogs were rounded up last year and taken upcountry, put in cages and left to starve to death. There has to be a better way to solve this problem so that people are protected and the stray problem is dealt with humanely. Once again, there have been a number of incidents where children and adults have been attacked and mauled by dogs that belonged to neighbors. Sometimes, the problem is people, not the dogs.

5 hours ago, vogie said:

Why can't people see the problem here, it's not difficult, get rid of the damn dogs.

Well that's the easy sulution for strai/soi dogs whith no owners.BUT what about the OWNERS behind all of these looked in dogs who don't have anywere to let go of their frustations other then bark all day/night long.No traning of dogs,well guess what you get..

Educate if possible the owners need to do to keep their dogs happy,not jappy...Yeah i know,mission imposible..Tessaban/Kamnan/Police/Tessakit and poyaban does freaking NOTHING..and on top of that the owners most of the time don't even bother to vacinate their dog...A sad day again..hope this little toddler recuperate 100%.

Many towns in Thailand practice culling, of the soi dogs. It is the responsible thing to do. Nobody takes care of these mutts, and some deluded souls think there is Buddhavistic merit in feeding them, hence they survive, due to ignorance and foolishness. They need to start educating the public, and teaching them that feeding these dogs is actually a bad thing for society. Feeding these dogs actually leads to brutal attacks. Do not give them strength. Deny them food. Let them perish. Take them all out. They bite, terrorize, scare and are up to no good. They are not wanted, they are not needed, and they are troublesome. Cull them, until there are none left to cull. 

Innocent kids are the last people in the world who should have to deal with this kind of thing. They could be traumatized for life, from an incident like this. And why? Lazy and slothful local authorities, not doing their jobs, is why. Culling is not a difficult thing. I would actually get involved, if the authorities asked for volunteers. Let's clean up Thailand, one stray, mangy, rabid, vicious, good for nothing dog at a time.

5 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

These are half wild, these are like the packs  out in the morning where I used to walk. As often as not some helpful Somchai would come out to drop dogfood for them. I assume make merit by this act. No one owned them.  BTW this is the reason I got my rabies prophylaxis vaccinations. When you have large populations of strays that are tolerated, fed, it's just the vector pool for Rabies.

Not that this attack had anything to do with Rabies. This could just be dogs being dogs ... Shock Gasp Horror. ???? They need to be put down.

I am one of the "somchais" who feed stray dogs. I am not a "somchai"  btw and i feed them out of compassion, pity maybe but not to make merits. And yes i agree dogs who attacked need to be eveluated and put down if no way to rehabilitate.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but of course the kid will need to get the shots.

Several shots, one of them is extremely painful.

It is completely beyond me, why the government does absolutely nothing to eradicate the dog problem here in Thailand! I have been living here permanently for the last 33 years of my life and I have seen no improvement at all. In fact, nothing has ever been done. There are more stray dogs everywhere than ever before. I'm born in Switzerland. there are no stray dogs at all, none, and any dog held by people can only be taken outside on a leash. Relevant fines are hefty, not 100 or 500 Baht. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Singapore it's the same. I make a bet that in the year  2119 it will be still be the same in Thailand. 

How many more innocent children have to be mauled and scarred for the rest of their life??? It's about time that the Thai government set their priorities right.

9 minutes ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I am one of the "somchais" who feed stray dogs. I am not a "somchai"  btw and i feed them out of compassion, pity maybe but not to make merits. And yes i agree dogs who attacked need to be eveluated and put down if no way to rehabilitate.

I am sure you mean well, but infact you are part of the problem, healthy dogs will breed more.

Infact my wife goes to the local Tessabaan for lessons on this and that, one lesson was telling the Thais not to feed them.

Staying on Darkside Pattaya for the first time, and l am staying in a soi l have nicknamed "The Isle of Dogs"......thought it would be an easy walk home from the bars late evening....but the dogs go beserk at me (lucky most are behind fences)

Now l get a motorcycle taxi home, even though it's usually about 500m

Put these homeless mongrels down

In my opinion any dog seen out without a lead should be considered dangerous and shot. I'd volunteer to shoot the nine noisy little shoits next door to me, gladly. I suppose the dog lovers prefer to see the public in danger rather than get rid of the mutts.

Archived