BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A three year old child is in a serious condition in a Sri Racha hospital after being attacked by a pack of ten dogs. 

It is the second attack in two days in Thailand. 

A neighbor has agreed to pay 100,000 baht. 

Jitpirom Phoonpatanassuk, 65, said she had taken her grandson Namning to look at some coffee plants growing next to their house. He had run back home. 

Next thing she knew Namning was screaming after being savaged by at least ten animals. 

He suffered cuts and bites to his entire body and was covered in blood, reported Daily News. 

He had cuts on his head, waist,back, and left and right side of his body. 

She took him to Phayathai Sri Racha hospital where doctors said he is being given X-rays. He can't move. 

The neighbor initially blamed the toddler for entering his property then agreed to settle with 100,000 baht. 

But a report has been made with Sri Racha police by the grandmother. 

Thursday's attack followed one on a five year old Finnish boy at Ao Nang beach in  Krabi. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-22

"But the security guard shot that bitey dog for no reason the other day and deserves to go to jail. Typical aggressive Somchai."

~ 40% of TVF users on the other thread.

I love animals, but its time for Thailand to put the Buddhist principles aside and eradicate some stray dogs.

Why can't people see the problem here, it's not difficult, get rid of the damn dogs.

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

after being savaged by at least ten animals. 

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

9 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

I'd have thought the "wild" bit probably pretty obviously implied that the neighbour probably didn't own all of them? Pack animals naturally congregate together. So likely a couple of the neighbours dogs plus a bunch of local strays

These are half wild, these are like the packs  out in the morning where I used to walk. As often as not some helpful Somchai would come out to drop dogfood for them. I assume make merit by this act. No one owned them.  BTW this is the reason I got my rabies prophylaxis vaccinations. When you have large populations of strays that are tolerated, fed, it's just the vector pool for Rabies.

Not that this attack had anything to do with Rabies. This could just be dogs being dogs ... Shock Gasp Horror. 😮 They need to be put down.

I guess this has to happen to one of the Generals' kids first before they take any action to shoot all of them.

33 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Not that this attack had anything to do with Rabies. This could just be dogs being dogs ... Shock Gasp Horror. 😮 They need to be put down.

But but the Thai love them doggies so mud.

In the picture there may be a dog.

56 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why can't people see the problem here, it's not difficult, get rid of the damn dogs.

Dont You go talking  the truth here, it offends the Millennial's , Tree Huggers until they get Savaged for no reason.!

What no visit from the PM !! Sorry the victim is a Thai child, no headlines to be made.

When oh when are the authorities going to do something about this very serious problem?

Long past time this stray dog problem was taken seriously, and something drastic done.

59 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Not that this attack had anything to do with Rabies. This could just be dogs being dogs ..

Yes, but of course the kid will need to get the shots.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

It seems so straight forward. When a dog bites a human the dog gets put down. A stray mutt at my condo tried to bite me and the security guard said, "mai pen rai." I complained to the condo about the guards taking care of the stray mutts and they blew me off. It makes my condo and the city look unclean and bad when there are stray mutts craping everywhere and chasing people.

When Thailand start taking responsibility and kill all the soi dogs it is time now or are the dogs more important than humans?? 

28 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

are the dogs more important than humans?? 

Yes !!   because they might be  someone's beloved grandma re-incarnated 🐕  🤪