Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

webfact

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

I'd have thought the "wild" bit probably pretty obviously implied that the neighbour probably didn't own all of them? Pack animals naturally congregate together. So likely a couple of the neighbours dogs plus a bunch of local strays

Not so sure about that in this case, why would the neighbour cough up 100,000 baht if they could say it was Soi dogs outside?

Time for common sense to prevail & start to round-up strays & do something about these attacks.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ned said:

100,000 treated for dog bites a year.

I find that hard to believe, probably a lot higher. 

In the U.K. it’s estimated 250,000 people are bitten each year. 

I’m a dog lover and I have 2 who are never let out alone. Like everyone else here I’m disgusted by the way people just discard them or just let them roam around and attack innocent people. The Thais and foreigners who think they are doing good by feeding these strays are a. If part of the problem. The strays need to be got rid of permanently once and for all. 

It would be interesting to see where dog attacks statistically stack up to other violent crimes? 

I doubt any westerner has moved away from thailand b/c of the soi dog population....

i woukd like to see a 500B surcharge to all tourist and other visas to cover the cost of soi dog management program....that way all non Thais are contributing to their western solution and Thais wouldn’t be inconvenienced financially.... 

It would be interesting to see where dog attacks statistically stack up to other violent crimes? 

I doubt any westerner has moved away from thailand b/c of the soi dog population....

i woukd like to see a 500B surcharge to all tourist and other visas to cover the cost of soi dog management program....that way all non Thais are contributing to their western solution and Thais wouldn’t be inconvenienced financially.... 
Its totally a Thai caused problem why should tourists have to pay for a solution ?

4 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I am one of the "somchais" who feed stray dogs. I am not a "somchai"  btw and i feed them out of compassion, pity maybe but not to make merits. And yes i agree dogs who attacked need to be eveluated and put down if no way to rehabilitate.

you are part of the problem they will hang around coz you come and feed them.

4 hours ago, Mavrix said:

Staying on Darkside Pattaya for the first time, and l am staying in a soi l have nicknamed "The Isle of Dogs"......thought it would be an easy walk home from the bars late evening....but the dogs go beserk at me (lucky most are behind fences)

Now l get a motorcycle taxi home, even though it's usually about 500m

Put these homeless mongrels down

LOL when i went to the real isle of dogs near London there was a sign "WELCOME To The Isle of Dogs" someone had written at the top "YOU ARE--             :cheesy:

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

Their no body keeping the dog s as said .A pack of 10 wild dogs.

I would like the authorities to adopt the Chinese rules on keeping a dog.www.keeping a dog in China

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

That's only half the amount that is just a couple of doors from me (posted on other thread). Only a couple of days ago a motorcyclist tried to swerve (outside the gate where I rent) because a whole bunch of dogs were chasing her. They are a bl**dy menace. During the evening there is the stink of burning dog mess from the house...what's done? Nothing! Other neighbours just turn away. The problem is that just a few days a whole new litter was roaming around. I keep a can of spray handy, not for the large dogs, but for the pack of the very small breed that go for the ankles.

Again posted on another thread, even when the five year old grandchild was visiting her grandparents opposite me, got bitten nothing was done.

A while back heavy lorries frequented the narrow soi when building was going on and two or three small dogs go crushed. The owners didn't even come out and clear up the mess...lorry after lorry, back and forth, just distributed the bits (the soi has only one entry/exit).

5 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I am one of the "somchais" who feed stray dogs. I am not a "somchai"  btw and i feed them out of compassion, pity maybe but not to make merits. And yes i agree dogs who attacked need to be eveluated and put down if no way to rehabilitate.

Sorry to say it, but you are part of the problem. I understand your compassion. They are living beings, with feelings and heart. But, they are of no good to anybody, they create massive problems, and it is the feeding of these animals that prolongs and exacerbates the problems. You are directly contributing to children and adults being attacked, by supporting these creatures, making them healthier, stronger, and more able to attack.

3 hours ago, high plane drifter said:

They don't have to kill,  Just put them on a leash  or  buy a muzzle.

But i sure blame the government by making no law to that problem,

The house I sold a month ago on a soi, every time I had to go out I had to face off with 14 dogs .on 9 different houses on the soi , there is 23 houses on that soi.

Ii sure damage the image of this country,  

I got bit by a dog while walking a 200 meters walk to go to 7eleven around 11pm once, it came out of nowhere, bit my calf and ran when i reacted.

very next day I saw the same dog with a muzzle on (not because of me).. apparently the geniuses were taking the muzzle off a dog known to attack people at night.

amazing.

The dog issue us why our daughter rarely plays outside and every time I drive i have the dog slalom to contend with. Half the accidents on the road outside our house are dog related. I am really, really tempted to drive straight but some Somchai might see that .........

When i first moved here there where even more dogs and they barked all night. One night a neighbour shot one so he could sleep! 5 days of peace and quiet before they began to return.

in thailand do you ever see the dogs with the plastic thing around its neck?  what is that for?  is that an aggressive dog. ?  in india the cops go around and shoot dogs with no collar.  no collar means its nobodys dog. and they should be shot . that should be the rule

10 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Don't give numbskulls ideas. Thais do not understand sarcasm.

18 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

When Thailand start taking responsibility and kill all the soi dogs it is time now or are the dogs more important than humans?? 

for many Thais  stupidly ..........yes

23 hours ago, SammyT said:

"But the security guard shot that bitey dog for no reason the other day and deserves to go to jail. Typical aggressive Somchai."

~ 40% of TVF users on the other thread.

I love animals, but its time for Thailand to put the Buddhist principles aside and eradicate some stray dogs.

"eradicate some stray dogs" That should say ERADICATE ALL STRAY DOGS.

Someone complained about a pack of dogs near my place and one day they all vanished. Very pleasing. Then someone else complained and they all came back!  Some then got collars but I have never ever seen them anywhere but out loose on the street. 

This morning I observed a pack of around 8 dogs chase a cyclist in full tour-de-France rig as he passed their temple entrance. He had no chance to react although thankfully wasn't unseated.

My reading of their body language suggested this was a game rather than a blatant attack but it could nonetheless have injured the (adult ferang) rider or thrown him under the wheels of traffic in the opposite lane.

I caught everything on dashcam but frankly cannot be bothered to search for or upload it.

Note: There is a primary school directly opposite where a large number of kids arrive on two wheels on school days...

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

This morning I observed a pack of around 8 dogs chase a cyclist in full tour-de-france rig as he passed their temple entrance. He had no chance to react although thankfully wasn't unseated. My reading of their body language suggested this was a game rather than a blatant attack but it could nonetheless have injured the rider or thrown him under my car in the opposite lane.

I caught everything on dashcam but frankly cannot be bothered to search for or upload it.

Note: There is a primary school directly opposite...

Thats justified, Vermin Chasing Look at Me Mes.:drunk:

Archived