BANGKOK 20 March 2019 03:57
webfact

Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

100,000 treated for dog bites a year.

This f...ng dogs needs to kill. Many island is full with these kind of dogs, you can see them fight with each other close to the tourist and almost break the other dogs. Who the f.. wants to see this? If the dog doesn't have owner collect all and put somewhere or execute all, nobody need them.

Time to shoot every single dog in a public place that is not on a lead. Then the ones with collars and name tags can be traced to their owners and the owners heavily fined, and I am not talking 500 Baht either! When will this stop? When they have killed a few kids. I would gladly and cheerfully shoot them for free if someone provides a decent gun and ammo

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Formaleins said:

Time to shoot every single dog in a public place that is not on a lead. Then the ones with collars and name tags can be traced to their owners and the owners heavily fined, and I am not talking 500 Baht either! When will this stop? When they have killed a few kids. I would gladly and cheerfully shoot them for free if someone provides a decent gun and ammo

Let me join

41 minutes ago, Kim J said:

How do you determine which are the aggressive ones until it is too late? No dog should be allowed to wander around freely, they contribute nothing positive to society or the environment, only cause problems.

You make a fair point.  In my instance, it was too late and I truly feared for my life...and I’m a pretty big and fit guy.  I was sober too.  I can’t imagine what it would have been like for a 70 year old guy (I’m 50) who has had a few beers before returning to his home/hotel.

When I think of the “docile” ones, I think of the ones that I see lounging about in the Chiang Mai old city, during the daytime, outside of the owners shophouse or wandering closely by.  But as you say, who is to tell which is which.  It’s the dogs that are out and about at night that really concern me.  There have been many times that I wished I was carrying a baseball bat with me at the time.

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

I love animals, but its time for Thailand to put the Buddhist principles aside and eradicate some stray dogs.

No matter how you slice them, I love animals too.

Thailand should adopt the strategy used in Vietnam.  They have no strays roaming the streets.

• Like 1

It is in very poor taste, and downright cruel to put a picture of a vicious dog above the bed.  Who could make the child relive this even every time he looks up.

• Haha 1

So where are the bedside groupies who attended the poor Finnish boy? It doesn't matter. It's only a Thai child and it won't be bad publicity for the Thai tourist industry! Let's hope the boy recovers quickly and the parents get some help.

• Like 2

Will our esteemed leader visit this victim? I very much doubt it.😡

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

I guess this has to happen to one of the Generals' kids first before they take any action to shoot all of them.

Exactly

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The neighbor initially blamed the toddler

Of course. Always someone else's fault in Thailand.

They don't have to kill,  Just put them on a leash  or  buy a muzzle.

But i sure blame the government by making no law to that problem,

The house I sold a month ago on a soi, every time I had to go out I had to face off with 14 dogs .on 9 different houses on the soi , there is 23 houses on that soi.

Ii sure damage the image of this country,