BANGKOK 19 July 2019 04:16
webfact

Another small child savaged by dogs - three year old in serious condition in hospital

6 hours ago, kellettgs said:

It seems so straight forward. When a dog bites a human the dog gets put down. A stray mutt at my condo tried to bite me and the security guard said, "mai pen rai." I complained to the condo about the guards taking care of the stray mutts and they blew me off. It makes my condo and the city look unclean and bad when there are stray mutts craping everywhere and chasing people.

Tried or actually bit?

If bitten for real, you should get your injections AND present that bill to the condo, do a police report first.

If condo deny, ask the police to step in, they can enforce this. Nothing to do with owning the dogs or not, it was on their property and their security ''owns'' the dogs.

I have been bitten, vaccins 3500thb, but owned by poor people I let it go. Was it owned by someone who has a stone built house, they would have got the bill from me.

Last week I was bitten again, and this time in the soi by owned dogs they let the dogs out all the day, but I am already vaccinated so no bill to give them.

Rgds,

Comments/suggestions waste of time. The only way to get something done is for one of the officials, ministers MP's for it to happen to one of their family and you will not believe how fast the dogs would have been killed.

In England/Britain the police/animal controle would be out and the dogs rounded up or killed before the animals had finnished licking their lips.

Poor little kid 3 yrs old, OMG. MAKES ME CRY.

Sorry, but will have to be a western tourist getting mauled to even bump the needle.   This one will be forgotten once the blood money is paid and something else more interesting happens for the media to cover.

Anyone in HH?  How are those shark nets doing?

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

I'd have thought the "wild" bit probably pretty obviously implied that the neighbour probably didn't own all of them? Pack animals naturally congregate together. So likely a couple of the neighbours dogs plus a bunch of local strays

Not so sure about that in this case, why would the neighbour cough up 100,000 baht if they could say it was Soi dogs outside?

Time for common sense to prevail & start to round-up strays & do something about these attacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ned said:

100,000 treated for dog bites a year.

I find that hard to believe, probably a lot higher. 

In the U.K. it’s estimated 250,000 people are bitten each year. 

I’m a dog lover and I have 2 who are never let out alone. Like everyone else here I’m disgusted by the way people just discard them or just let them roam around and attack innocent people. The Thais and foreigners who think they are doing good by feeding these strays are a. If part of the problem. The strays need to be got rid of permanently once and for all. 

• Like 2

It would be interesting to see where dog attacks statistically stack up to other violent crimes? 

I doubt any westerner has moved away from thailand b/c of the soi dog population....

i woukd like to see a 500B surcharge to all tourist and other visas to cover the cost of soi dog management program....that way all non Thais are contributing to their western solution and Thais wouldn’t be inconvenienced financially.... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It would be interesting to see where dog attacks statistically stack up to other violent crimes? 

I doubt any westerner has moved away from thailand b/c of the soi dog population....

i woukd like to see a 500B surcharge to all tourist and other visas to cover the cost of soi dog management program....that way all non Thais are contributing to their western solution and Thais wouldn’t be inconvenienced financially.... 
Its totally a Thai caused problem why should tourists have to pay for a solution ?
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavrix said:

Staying on Darkside Pattaya for the first time, and l am staying in a soi l have nicknamed "The Isle of Dogs"......thought it would be an easy walk home from the bars late evening....but the dogs go beserk at me (lucky most are behind fences)

Now l get a motorcycle taxi home, even though it's usually about 500m

Put these homeless mongrels down

LOL when i went to the real isle of dogs near London there was a sign "WELCOME To The Isle of Dogs" someone had written at the top "YOU ARE--             :cheesy:

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

Their no body keeping the dog s as said .A pack of 10 wild dogs.

I would like the authorities to adopt the Chinese rules on keeping a dog.www.keeping a dog in China

Edited by Percy P
Addition

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

kill the lot and the idiot who feed them

I doubt it there feed, the reason for attacking the children.

Edited by Percy P

10 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would any sane person keep keep ten wild animals.  What a primitive country this is, where children come second to dogs!

That's only half the amount that is just a couple of doors from me (posted on other thread). Only a couple of days ago a motorcyclist tried to swerve (outside the gate where I rent) because a whole bunch of dogs were chasing her. They are a bl**dy menace. During the evening there is the stink of burning dog mess from the house...what's done? Nothing! Other neighbours just turn away. The problem is that just a few days a whole new litter was roaming around. I keep a can of spray handy, not for the large dogs, but for the pack of the very small breed that go for the ankles.

Again posted on another thread, even when the five year old grandchild was visiting her grandparents opposite me, got bitten nothing was done.

A while back heavy lorries frequented the narrow soi when building was going on and two or three small dogs go crushed. The owners didn't even come out and clear up the mess...lorry after lorry, back and forth, just distributed the bits (the soi has only one entry/exit).

5 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I am one of the "somchais" who feed stray dogs. I am not a "somchai"  btw and i feed them out of compassion, pity maybe but not to make merits. And yes i agree dogs who attacked need to be eveluated and put down if no way to rehabilitate.

Sorry to say it, but you are part of the problem. I understand your compassion. They are living beings, with feelings and heart. But, they are of no good to anybody, they create massive problems, and it is the feeding of these animals that prolongs and exacerbates the problems. You are directly contributing to children and adults being attacked, by supporting these creatures, making them healthier, stronger, and more able to attack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, high plane drifter said:

They don't have to kill,  Just put them on a leash  or  buy a muzzle.

But i sure blame the government by making no law to that problem,

The house I sold a month ago on a soi, every time I had to go out I had to face off with 14 dogs .on 9 different houses on the soi , there is 23 houses on that soi.

Ii sure damage the image of this country,  

I got bit by a dog while walking a 200 meters walk to go to 7eleven around 11pm once, it came out of nowhere, bit my calf and ran when i reacted.

very next day I saw the same dog with a muzzle on (not because of me).. apparently the geniuses were taking the muzzle off a dog known to attack people at night.

amazing.