500 free helmets handed out to motorbike drivers in Patong

webfact

500 free helmets handed out to motorbike drivers in Patong

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_8943.jpg

Patong Development Foundation together with Patong Police and Patong Municipality have given 500 helmets to motorbike drivers in Patong today under the campaign ‘Wear your helmet’.

Handing out the 500 helmets to motorbike user in Patong was led by Patong Police Chief Col Anothai Jindamanee, Patong Municipality Chalermluck Kebsup and President of Patong Development Foundation Preechawut ‘Prap’ Keesin.

Col Anothai says, “Many motorbike drivers have been injured and died in road accident. We want 100 percent of motorbike drivers and passengers wearing helmets. ”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/500-free-helmets-handed-out-to-motorbike-drivers-in-patong

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-22

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Col Anothai says, “Many motorbike drivers have been injured and died in road accident. We want 100 percent of motorbike drivers and passengers wearing helmets. ”

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nothing about the fact this has been law for decades now.

Nothing about the inability of the police to enforce a single law, except when someone has a vested interest in it for a specific reason.

35 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nothing about the fact this has been law for decades now.

Nothing about the inability of the police to enforce a single law, except when someone has a vested interest in it for a specific reason.

Here's a game all can play. Spot the rider without a helmet in this video from Vietnam.

What factor makes the difference with helmet use in Thailand?

1 hour ago, nev said:

Well done RTP just sad that the quality of the helmets handed out are not very good, But a helmet is better than no helmet at all!!.

Ever heard the phrase: "Unfortunately it led to a false sense of security"?

51 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

I think I read in Vietnam the police confiscate the bike if no helmet.

if they done it in Thailand it'll work in no time as Thais don't like to walk as it hurts as my mrs says.

You won't believe how many thai like to walk/run/jog.....but they hate the crappy sidewalks and smog....Here i see at least 100 of them every day jogging/running/biking....

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

You won't believe how many thai like to walk/run/jog.....but they hate the crappy sidewalks and smog....Here i see at least 100 of them every day jogging/running/biking....

We have it up here around the parks with the lakes,1,000s of them but in general Thai are born on scooters and not even bicycles.

I regard it a crime to hand out a "helmet" that will not provide any safety at all in case of an accident !

It's just causing a false feeling of safety !

Tell them to learn how to ride a bike and stop this whole helmet nonsense !

Helmets only safe lives if they are on a standard to do so.

Riding skills safe lives - not helmets !!!

9 minutes ago, brain150 said:

I regard it a crime to hand out a "helmet" that will not provide any safety at all in case of an accident !

It's just causing a false feeling of safety !

Tell them to learn how to ride a bike and stop this whole helmet nonsense !

Helmets only safe lives if they are on a standard to do so.

Riding skills safe lives - not helmets !!!

And if you were so skilled that a truck suddenly sideswiped you, or drove into you, you would be fine because of your safe riding, not because of the helmet?

8 hours ago, nev said:

Well done RTP just sad that the quality of the helmets handed out are not very good, But a helmet is better than no helmet at all!!.

police need add filling in helmet glue lot and do in thai people head then helmets then have sure use too helmets.only big idiots not use helmet,

10 hours ago, nev said:

A well done and a knock in one sentence! I nominate you for 'Thaigeezer of the Week'!

i remain fascinated as always by the number of people NOT in Phuket who are moved to comment on a Phuket story that has absolutely no relevance to them.

22 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

The reason for wearing a helmet is to prevent or minimize head injury.  As these helmets look as if they would not meet any recognized safety standards, this is only to comply with law not the purpose. A misguided effort. 

Any helmet is better than no helmet and this is as much about changing habits as it is about enforcement.

But, as usual, Thai bashing has to prevail doesn't it!

On 2/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, nev said:

But why didn't they fine those who didn't have a helmet... the "law" is clear. Do they really think, that by giving out helmets, people will wear them...

Archived