American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Bullie said:

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

Personally, I would suspect that she was an ill mannered xxxxx too. Her character judgement seems quite poor, to go to a hostel room for sex, occupied by many others.

Hope they throw the book at him.

1 hour ago, Otis Cribelcoblis said:

While the ignorant here would term your bashing of Americans as racist, I know English better, as it is bigoted and xenophobic.  I won't tolerate it and as you should all know, its a violation of the TOS here.  All of you who have written invective towards all Americans not only should be ashamed, but you should also be reprimanded.

While I understand your reasons due to inferiority, I cannot condone it.

Grow up.

Set a better example Uncle Sam and all your problems will go away.

Otherwise, we speak as we find.

15 hours ago, Bullie said:

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

She is staying at my place.   ????

1 hour ago, Bernie622 said:

I am an american and I agree this millennial punk spoiled brat sure makes the rest of Americans look like as*holes...I like to think for most Thais have met both sides and would not cast a net over all of us but I couldn't blame them if they did. I don't know what nationality the other guys were but at least from the sound of their accent they were hopefully americans. I am sure he is on the phone to mommy and daddy in the US crying and asking for money so he can come home. 

The other two guys must have been Canadians.

Just kidding.

the backpacker had taken a girl back to the mixed dorm room he shared with 9 other people

Just this phrase alone was enough to make me an idea of the "meat" quality in this fool. Don't they teach them how to behave in society anymore?

Just smile, pay 6USD and get the hell out of there. What's the big deal? He is lucky to be born in America and managed to make a few dollars to come all the way to Thailand. He did not achieve anything by his own. His claimed privilege is based on place that made his earn a few dollars a this young age. In other countries people would be working hard to support families. 

What a loser. 

the hotel/ hostel should have the house rules "written" if it the case to charge a 2 hour person not occupying an extra bed the 24 hour rate.

Absolutely agree. In fact, every McDonald‘s should have it clearly written that I cannot just grab another cheeseburger from the tray after buying a BigMac. I mean, who in the world would know that you have to pay for stuff? 

10 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

What is most disturbing about this is that there is a young farang millennial assisting the Thais.

That’s only disturbing for the xenophobes. 

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

what if the western girl was also a hostel guest but her bed was in a different room?

...then we wouldn’t be reading this news here. 

9 hours ago, Otis Cribelcoblis said:

Am I to believe that it is proper for two Thais to commit a battery against the American?

I’m pretty sure Americans know the concepts of citizen’s arrest and self-defence. I’ve even heard Americans are legally allowed to pull a gun when something like this happens in their own home. 

8 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

That is the problem.  Most of the TV keyboard warriors posting here have never stayed in a dorm room. 

That’s absolutely not a problem. 

8 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

How you all know its about 200b? who say's its about no want to pay, hotel staf?

What i see on the video is a Thai man want to take or steal his bag and he hit the thief.

And the western a..hole must be put down to.

When you look at things like this my hate for Thailand getting more and more.

No one forces you to look at things like that. In fact, no one forces you to be here in Thailand if you hate it. 

7 hours ago, soistalker said:

Why should he pay for another farang?

Because he brought her in. Or did she break into the room and they met their?

What a loser. 

the hotel/ hostel should have the house rules "written" if it the case to charge a 2 hour person not occupying an extra bed the 24 hour rate.

Absolutely agree. In fact, every McDonald‘s should have it clearly written that I cannot just grab another cheeseburger from the tray after buying a BigMac. I mean, who in the world would know that you have to pay for stuff? 

Because he brought her in. Or did she break into the room and they met their?

Well said, spot on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This story affects nothing.  The Chinese don't care....nobody cares.  Nationality....LOL.....If you have money, you are the boss.  It's that simple.  If Americans have more money, they might be "looked down on by losers on the internet" but that is not their problem.  I love how people say "ban him for life" and then go eat 10 baht soup while going home to their parent's basement.  This guy is definitely a super loser, and I want to see the nasty girl with him.....but this is meaningless in the big picture.  remember the spray paint guy????

spray paint guy from what country???  that was much, much worse. 

I have some sympathy for the guy.

Whatever he did is no excuse for the hostel to rip him off, shove him around and attack him.

It's not as if he damaged anything or cost them money.

Chuck him out for breaking the rules, fair enough.

Turn it into an excuse to make money, they lose the moral high ground.

Slightly Off topic,

200bht/night sounds a lot for a place in a 10 bed dorm, I thought dorms were supposed to be cheap?

Loads of hotels in CM with air-con and double/twin rooms for 400bht/night.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, Snow Leopard said:

It just amazes me. Thailand seems to get its fair share of the dregs of society. In fact, sometimes it seems like a magnet. 

It is the relatively safe, advanced environment as well as the ‘sanuk’ culture that stands out. Having the police being susceptible for any infringement to go away with a brown envelope also helps. 

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have some sympathy for the guy.

Whatever he did is no excuse for the hostel to rip him off, shove him around and attack him.

It's not as if he damaged anything or cost them money.

Chuck him out for breaking the rules, fair enough.

Turn it into an excuse to make money, they lose the moral high ground.

Slightly Off topic,

200bht/night sounds a lot for a place in a 10 bed dorm, I thought dorms were supposed to be cheap?

Loads of hotels in CM with air-con and double/twin rooms for 400bht/night.

Guy is leaving without paying the extra fee. If your friend bunked in, you pay. That is it. And punching the thai guy is assault. Thai guy is just doing his job. He has to answer to his boss and I am sure this type of incident is not the first time he encountered. And also maybe there is already a policy in placed for such an incident. Hope the ugly American is reaping his just desserts for his action. In some country, they will just bring him to some isolated place and work him over. All for the mere tb 200.

10 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I hope you apply the same sympathy when someone steals from you. 

I'd be more worried about staying in a hostel that lets unregistered people walk in to rooms off the street at 4am in the morning. Don't they have security at the front desk in the night? Can anyone just walk in to the shared rooms.

Going out drinking all night , 100 Baht a beer , would have spent roughly 500 Baht on alcohol and staying in a 200 Baht dormitory .

For an extra 100 Baht , he could have got himself a single room .

For the price of one beer , he could have upgraded from a dorm to a single room

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd be more worried about staying in a hostel that lets unregistered people walk in to rooms off the street at 4am in the morning. Don't they have security at the front desk in the night? Can anyone just walk in to the shared rooms.

She didn’t just walk in. She was brought by another guest as his guest. I do that all the time, except that I booked (and paid for) a double room. 

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

She didn’t just walk in. She was brought by another guest as his guest. I do that all the time, except that I booked (and paid for) a double room. 

You cannot bring "guests" back to stay the night in dormitories 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not the same in hostels, one bed to 1 registered customer, no guests.

I don’t know the regulations of this hostel, or whether there is an international hostel association enforcing the same regulations across all hostels worldwide (I never had to stay in one fortunately). Even more so, I don’t know what it has to do with not paying the bill. 

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t know the regulations of this hostel, or whether there is an international hostel association enforcing the same regulations across all hostels worldwide (I never had to stay in one fortunately). Even more so, I don’t know what it has to do with not paying the bill. 

Non staying unregistered , undocumented people can just walk in and stay the night .

Had she been a thief , she could have robbed everyone one .

Maybe just grabbed a few phones and computers laying around on the way out and she wouldnt be traceable because they didnt have her signing in PP details  

Archived