American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

On 2/22/2019 at 8:51 AM, VocalNeal said:

If she slept in the dorm then she slept in the dorm. No argument pay 200B.

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

What if they "caroused" continuously between 4am and breakfast and she (and the other room occupants) never got to sleep?  555

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

What if they "caroused" continuously between 4am and breakfast and she (and the other room occupants) never got to sleep?  555

wait a second doe the hostel have a policy about bar girls or did they make it up the morning after. this guy might have a leg to stand on if they have no sign posted in the lobby.  ps. do they have free coffee in lobby on mornings after?

10 hours ago, charmonman said:

Good for the other two Western guys for jumping in and restraining the stupid <deleted>.

if the two other western guys didnt step in it would have been worse for the guy. obviously hhe hasnt traveled asia much and he didnt know the thais dont back down.  u always cut a deal with the thais and dont put them in a corner they cant get out of.  he could have probably got out of this situation for 100 baht compromise.  heck ,  im really talking here for some scumbag sleeping with prostitutes for 100 baht?  i give my massage lady 300 baht tip just for a massage........

12 hours ago, Phaser said:

Moron - she spent the night...pay the THB 200.....now in a Thai jail and hopefully will be banned from coming back

thais charge 500 baht to stay in jail.  the bloke could have had two women for that price along with some noodle street food.......

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t know the regulations of this hostel, or whether there is an international hostel association enforcing the same regulations across all hostels worldwide (I never had to stay in one fortunately). Even more so, I don’t know what it has to do with not paying the bill. 

yes i need to contact the international hostel association for clarification if i bring a prostitute back to my room for a quickie i need to pay 200 baht fee to the hostel. we need clarification

What kind of people have sex in a room where there are 9 strangers sleeping in it, anyway?

True story, (slightly off-topic!).  When I owned a little hotel in Phuket years ago, I was out at Makro and got a call from my Thai staff to say that two foreign guests were banging away like randy dogs in their room with the curtains fully open and the sliding glass doors fully open and all the other guests watching.

'What?!' - someone needs to warn them that their curtains and door are open' I said.

'No boss, you don't understand.  They went into the room, then opened the curtains and glass door, and then started to have sex for everyone to see...!'

They were Dutch ????

i almost crashed my car trying to get back to my hotel in time to get an eyeful myself ????

1 hour ago, sanemax said:
1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t know the regulations of this hostel, or whether there is an international hostel association enforcing the same regulations across all hostels worldwide (I never had to stay in one fortunately). Even more so, I don’t know what it has to do with not paying the bill. 

Non staying unregistered , undocumented people can just walk in and stay the night .

Had she been a thief , she could have robbed everyone one .

Maybe just grabbed a few phones and computers laying around on the way out and she wouldnt be traceable because they didnt have her signing in PP details  

in that case it would be a security issue and the hotel staff simply should refuse her entry

is it remotely possible the reception worker would have just pocketed the cash?

On 2/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, Just1Voice said:

It's idiots like this that give decent Americans a bad rap. Kick him out of the country and blacklist him for 5 years. 

Punching the thai man was so wrong in many ways. No excuse. This guy will not last long back packing. He will bully the wrong guy and get stabbed and killed.  

On 2/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, BritManToo said:

and what's with the other white guy helping the Thais?

Maybe he is one of the owners of the hostel ? I see many foreigners "working" in the hostels in CM . 

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Punching the thai man was so wrong in many ways. No excuse. This guy will not last long back packing. He will bully the wrong guy and get stabbed and killed.  

Hitting a guy that's attempting to snatch your bag seems reasonable to me.

A Thai guy would have knifed or shot him (or left and come back later with a gun).

Going out drinking all night , 100 Baht a beer , would have spent roughly 500 Baht on alcohol and staying in a 200 Baht dormitory .
   For an extra 100 Baht , he could have got himself a single room .
For the price of one beer , he could have upgraded from a dorm to a single room
Don't think he can afford 100B beer. Maybe leftovers or 40B beer from 7 eleven. And the girl was either drunk or someone doesn't mind getting laid anywhere.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A Thai guy would have knifed or shot him (or left and come back later with a gun).

Only he was attempting to snatch the bag was he. He was trying to prevent him leaving without paying what he owed. 

But hey, the story of a cheap charlie pissed up moronic tourist, whose nationality is irrelevant, gives you a chance to Thai bash!

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Only he was attempting to snatch the bag was he. He was trying to prevent him leaving without paying what he owed. 

According to him he had paid his bill, the hostel wanted him to pay again for an unregistered female guest.

But hey, If they want to risk injury for an extra 200bht, let them have a go.

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

trying to take his bag is odd. blocking the door to exit more appropriate. trying to seize/steal his property is agression

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
On 2/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

It wasn't that long ago that a Bangkok taxi driver killed a passenger with a machete in an argument over 100 baht. I guess the driver thought 100 baht was worth spending the next 10 years behind bars for.

true, inability to reason things out including consequences.

a thai patron at a big pub pulled a pistol and aimed it at a well known guitar player because the guitar play didnt shake his hand (while he was playing)

Archived