American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

34 minutes ago, roger buttmore said:

No mention of whether the western girl is being pursued to verify her credentials with regard to working illegally in Thailand on a tourist visa and without a work permit? 

Hate to break it to you, but not everyone has to pay for sex. Foreign concept, I know. 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm going to take a contrarian view.

This hostel hosts international people, many not fully aware of the special "customs" here.

Yes when I was a backpacking youth (much younger than this guy) people having sex on the bunkbeds was a feature, not a bug.

Of course the backpacking man is not a candidate for the diplomatic corps, but seriously, people talking about 200 baht as petty. Who is petty? Perhaps the hostel? Why couldn't they just say go away you trash and don't you ever come back and while we're at it we're going to put up a sign saying no white American men … we've found they're troublemakers! 

Reminds me of a group tour I was on, staying in youth hostels.

One couple managed to book a 'family room' for a night of passion. Until they found it still had two bunk beds, but just in a separate room.

We all laughed and had a discussion as to who would have which bunk, and would they need to use of a hosepipe to complete their amorous encounter. Someone suggested the guy could be on the bottom bunk, although it would mean 'he'd get his own back'.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who is petty? Perhaps the hostel? Why couldn't they just say go away you trash and don't you ever come back and while we're at it we're going to put up a sign saying no white American men … we've found they're troublemakers! 

So the hostel should just be charity for people who want to bring whoever to stay? 200B means a lot more comparative to median wages to the Thai hostel owner than it does to the kid who comes from a western country. Why should the hostel just have to cut their losses and deal with it? The yank would likely have spent more than 200B on his first hour of drinking that evening. 

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

Reminds me of a yank acquaintance lived in Bkk for years, always asked the waiter 'what do you recommend', waiter suggests something, yank eats it then says he's not paying because he didn't totally enjoy it and insists the waiter should pay.

He always ordered a small bottle of beer with his food, as a waiter walked close to the table the yank would push the table and make the beer fall over then insist the waiter did it, then demand another free beer.

He got away with it for years, but was barred from every restaurant big and small and noodle shop within perhaps 500m from his room.

He always ate alone, nobody would sit with him, in fact he didn't have even one good friend.  But could be any nationality of course. 

Also reported, many times he was in a taxi in Bkk and when taxi stopped at a light or whatever in a very busy market area or similar, he would suddenly and quickly get out and disappear into the crowd. 

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

i don't get it.  the lady stayed in the hostel. 

why not charge her the 200 baht?

Slipped out during the night perhaps? Given they were booting him out, I suspect that it was probably as a result of complaints from others in the dorm room. So maybe Elvis had already left the building, so to speak. 

24 minutes ago, moe666 said:

It is from the movie a few years ago about the woman who gave up every thing to find her self, cannot remember the exact title but it hat eat andpray in it and a couple of other words in the title

It's that one where Julia Roberts finds inner peace after getting hammered on cocktail buckets and then gets banged in a 200 baht dorm. 

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

He always ate alone, nobody would sit with him, in fact he didn't have even one good friend.  But could be any nationality of course. 

I don't have any 'good friends' in Thailand either.

It's not really a good place for friendships, and they always end up wanting to borrow money or steal from you.

I only mix with family and lovers now.

here is what's funny...

1.  everyone all mad at the dumb american tourist, while most people here drive their motorbike after drinking, visit bar girls, exploit humans for sex, not help with the pollution, not care about soi dogs, and simply troll online while super mad about problems back home that they are unable to fix and/or cope with.  

2.  it's always funny when someone else is really stupid.  we should troll everyone he ever knew on facebook, call everyone he knows in America, and protest in front of the Embassy for 11 weeks.

3.  tomorrow we will read about 100 that die on the roads, suicides, more visa problems.....and there will be maybe 10 comments.

4.  anyhow, in 10-years when you have spent 10,000 hours on trolling others, look in the mirror and ask, "have i really helped anyone on this planet?"

ok, back to the orphanage and my normal 23-hour working day while creating ways to clean the air, getting clean water to villages, and overall saving the world!!!!

Just now, BritManToo said:

It's not really a good place for friendships, and they always end up wanting to borrow money or steal from you.

Also been there with 'friends' wanting to borrow money, in fact After being caught once my response was 'I can't lend you any money, I don't have any money.

I learned this from an old timer, who went a bit further...   'I can't lend you any money, I don't have any money, how about lending me half of what's in your wallet right now.'

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Try being British in a foreign country !

Polite Canadians would never do such things.

Luckily, its the younger Americans that usually cause the problems (minimal as they may be in the scheme of Falang misbehavior)..

Me? If I would have seen this:

1. I would have walked up to the kid and told him he was acting like a jerk.

2. I would have give the Thai lady her 200 baht.

3. I would have then used my $5 payment to totally verbally humiliate the little snot whilst it was being filmed. "No, dude, you listen up, I paid your $5 because you were too cheap and got your ass out of a sling, so here you go,........"

And Im sure some of you who know me can imagine as to how very verbally humiliating I can be.

2 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

That's why I never opened a bar or any tourist business here.Too much stress.Thailand's a magnet for western rubbish. Who takes a girl back to a mixed dorm with several people around you?

She must of been desperate or drunk.. .or both.lol

Maybe she has a hostel sex fetish?

When I first came out here on a motorcycle trip in 2004 I spent 3 days in Hua- Hin. I was staying at a lively hotel called City Beach, I met a girl in a little restaurant/bar nearby and took her to City Beach hotel.  I was charged 600B ' Extra lady '  two times that is . Now we are married I think I should get my 1200B back.

The few times I have been to Chiang Mai in the past I have not been charged anything by the hotel for bringing back a lady of the night.  Not for discussion with my TW obviously.

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So who would you rather have a beer with?

The sporting American backpacker or members of the hostel staff playing as vigilantes?

Neither, but if I had known the back story and seen that happening, I'd happily jump in and help the hotel staff who are just trying to run their business, rather than the entitled yank who doesn't want to shell out 200B for the extra guest he had in his room overnight, who was being thrown out presumably because he had pissed all the others in his dorm off as well. 

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I only mix with family and lovers now.

Are we talking westerners or Thais? Because I have a mix of both who I would consider genuine friends - never had anything stolen, never been asked for money. Maybe we run in different circles. 

10 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Ahh well he made a stand, might have been the wrong stand but kudos to him for living life. Once this is all over he and the others involved might see the funnier side, it isnt exactly crime of the century.

His stand being "piss off your dorm mates, get thrown out of the hostel and punch someone over an eight dollar bill"?

He's not exactly a modern day Rosa Parks...

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So who would you rather have a beer with?

The sporting American backpacker or members of the hostel staff playing as vigilantes?

TBH, I would rather have a beer with the backpacker girl , rather than either of the above

American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

US.jpg.a6c97896c89ff07229cdaab828321c21.jpg
video screenshot

This is the moment a foreign tourist had to be restrained after getting into an altercation with staff after being told to leave a hostel

According to the footage shared on Reddit by user EatPrayFart, after a night out the backpacker had taken a girl back to the mixed dorm room he shared with 9 other people. The report alleges the pair then had sex.

The following morning the man was asked to leave the hostel with staff also demanding he pay 200 baht for allowing girl to stay in the dorm.

The man refused and the altercation, which was caught on camera, took place in the reception of the hostel. In the footage, the man can clearly be seen punching a member of staff from the hostel before being restrained by another Westerner.

The report also suggested the man was later arrested and taken into custody by police.

The report posted on Reddit read:

Here’s the story: guy books bed in 10 person mixed dorm. Guy goes out at night. Guy thinks Chiang Mai nightlife sucks cause the bars close at 12am. Guy finds out there’s a club that closes at 4am. Guy has too many drinks. Guy meets western tourist girl. Guy wants to have sex with western tourist girl. Guy thinks it’s ok to bring said girl to his dorm bed. Guy has sex in the dorm room at 4am. Guy thinks ‘I’m the man’. Guy is kicked out in the morning and charged for bringing the girl to his bed. Guy does not want to pay extra 200 baht ( ~$6.25). Guy thinks this is unfair. Guy resorts to using his fists. Guy punches Thai man in the face. Guy complains his shoulder hurts. Guy gets taken to Thai jail. Guy hasn’t been seen since.

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc
-- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-22   [/url]  
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived