American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

Starts with R and ends with A.

It's an all too common misconception with self-entitled backpackers that because they are paying a small fee for a bed in a room it is effectively "theirs" for the night. NOPE, you are renting the privilege of sleeping there under the terms and conditions of the guest house. If you want to bring a "guest" to the room, make sure it's OK first. It's not YOUR room and NOT your bed. Anyway, drunk at 4am probably pushing rope trying to find the pussy ???? 

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

Another Western cheapskate who can't even afford to stay in a proper place. No wonder Thailand welcomes Chinese tourists who at least can afford to pay for hotels and behave properly.

is it against the law to save money? many europeans, upstanding, educated and professional to boot budget themselves in whatever way they see fit. some travel numerous countries over 1 month or many months.

i know a group of ucsf medical students that were in thailand with similar accommodation as their tuition and expenses were astronomical and they were not from affluent families.

the hotel/ hostel should have the house rules "written" if it the case to charge a 2 hour person not occupying an extra bed the 24 hour rate.

not everyone is a "pride high pensioner" lol

5 hours ago, Bobobirdiebuddy said:

Has this idiot ever traveled anywhere in his life?  

travel has gotten too easy with the introduction of the internet and ATM's, cheap airfares.  now any idiot can get here in 24hrs.  what's the point? stay home and don't bring your f^%$ American attitude.a and taking a girl back to a dorm room some chick

3 hours ago, roger buttmore said:

No mention of whether the western girl is being pursued to verify her credentials with regard to working illegally in Thailand on a tourist visa and without a work permit? .. Nevermind if the American backpacker paid for her services, or not, she deprived a local Thai citizen of potential income.

roger that

The way I see  it the guy paid for his night in the dorm and the girl did not. Seems the Thai's should have been speaking to the woman, not the guy ?

In the video it looked like the Thai man was trying to take the smaller of the bags from the stroppy fallang.

5 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

The way I see  it the guy paid for his night in the dorm and the girl did not. Seems the Thai's should have been speaking to the woman, not the guy ?

In the video it looked like the Thai man was trying to take the smaller of the bags from the stroppy fallang.

We can assume she was already gone. He checked in she did not, she was his guest, hostels charge per head and she was his responsibility. 

Yes, the Thai guy was holding onto his bag so to keep him there until the police arrived, perfectly reasonable. 

Having traveled to about 16 countries in about 50 years of travel, worked in 4 of them, I have had only 1 "run in" with the local law.  A traffic stop while driving.  Actually after almost passing a police officer, I thought he waved me over.  The officer came to the car and I said " what can I do for you officer" as I looked at him .. my hands at the 10/2 position on the stearing wheel. The officer said thank you for stopping, but I wanted the car behind you to stop, please continue and have a great day.

It amazes me how many people { all countries } come to a foreign country and act like a ass .. do things they would not due in their home country.  MY observation only, it seems that Americans ( I am a Amercian ) born after 1980 seem to think they are entitled to act any damn way they please because they are American.

If you want to get a good look at what people do, volunteer with the Tourist Police for a few months.  In my years as a volunteer I have seen:  The funny and happy drunk with no money to pay bar bill, a man argue that he paid for BoomBoom INSIDE a bar .. when told prostitution was illegal, it didnt phase him, saying I want lai@ or my money back because I paid to <deleted>@@ her, the nasty drunk that ended up in hand cuffs, a nice Russian guy whose friends ran off leaving him to pay for a very expensive meal for 6 asking for help how to solve the problem .. he had money in his hotel room, and on and on, my favorite being a Aussie guy who pulled out his  xxxx in a bar and shook it at every girl, when arrested, claimed he didn't although about 10 phones had video, YES thats me in the video but I didn't do what the video shows. hummmm

My opinion about the American, 5 days in jail for assault, 5000THB fine, 5 year blacklist.

2 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Thai working on reception here the night before is at fault here not the guy.

I did this dozens of times when I was a young backpacker here in Thailand.

Thailand is done for... Sanook is now a dirty word.

LOL. "I did it ages ago so it's okay" - great excuse

Every hotel or hostel I've ever checked into says that extras staying in the room are the responsibility of the individual guest. Everything he would have signed when checking in would have stated that. 

If you don't like how Thailand has become, why are you still here?

What is most disturbing about this is that there is a young farang millennial assisting the Thais.

Mixed dorms are for having a crac.  Everyone knows this.  

Back when I used to stay in this style of room it was open slather.  Often people would jump from one bed to the next. Swap partners...and compare notes with a laugh in the morning.

I can't believe what all the boring old TV farts are posting here. 

2 minutes ago, SammyT said:

LOL. "I did it ages ago so it's okay" - great excuse

Every hotel or hostel I've ever checked into says that extras staying in the room are the responsibility of the individual guest. Everything he would have signed when checking in would have stated that. 

If you don't like how Thailand has become, why are you still here?

Thai apologist, don't like it go home, sanook nazi.

Maybe you can get a job with immigration checking TM30s.

Archived