Is offering tea money a crime?

I am asking this question as I've a lot of friends that ask me what to do with their pensioners and marriage extensions when they don't have the money required

Personally. I know what I would do and what other long term exists friends do, but don't want to advise on a forum, if it is against the law.

27 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Offering tea is illegal. Due to the clampdown on police you'll notice they wear headcams on their helmets these days at traffic stops.   Image result for thai policeman with head cam on helmet

I wonder what is more serious.  A policeman asking for tea money, or a person offering tea money.

Has anyone ever been arrested or fined for offering tea money to the police, including immigration?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Do you know what the penalty is?

The Thai Criminal Code criminalizes both active and passive bribery. For example, according to Section 144, the punishment that may be imposed for the bribing an official is imprisonment up to 5 years or a fine of 10,000 THB, or both. This includes even the offering of a bribe to a policeman or other official can result in jail time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In many SEA countries it's entirely normal to hire an agent to get your VISA.

No need to ever see immigration officials.

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There's no other way to get a VISA inside Cambodia or Vietnam.

Who cares in this thread how it works in other countries?

Thailand clearly says (and writes) :

APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON 

• Like 2

There's such a thing as 'spare batteries'.

Most people carry one spare, but its too much of a faff so i think you'll find most policeman cameras are dead. Over a course of a day they'd need 5-10 a day, constant changing and recharging over night, then give up with the faffing.

What's your experience with them?

33 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most people carry one spare, but its too much of a faff so i think you'll find most policeman cameras are dead. Over a course of a day they'd need 5-10 a day, constant changing and recharging over night, then give up with the faffing.

I doubt very much a policeman would spend a continuous day on traffic stops. He'd rotate. Allowing battery change.

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think you'll find most policeman cameras are dead.

Are you prepared to take the chance and offer him tea money?   icon_smile.gif