BANGKOK 22 March 2019 00:40
Rimmer

Public-health squad swarms South Pattaya apartment after dengue outbreak

Public-health squad swarms South Pattaya apartment after dengue outbreak

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya public health teams converged on the Soi Khopai Community after two residents came down with dengue fever.

The health department officers, joined by Surveillance and Rapid Response Team volunteers, destroyed breeding grounds for dengue-carrying mosquitos at an apartment complex on Soi Sukrudee 2 Feb. 11. They dumped water sources, flipped over buckets and containers and dropped abate into puddles and other standing water.

Volunteers then spread out, educating residents about how dengue spreads and advised them to wear long-sleeved shirts and apply insect repellant until the threat has subsided.

The visit came after an adult and child living in the complex contracted dengue from mosquitos buzzing around all the standing water there. Both are being treated at Banglamung Hospital.

Anyone requiring mosquito abate or fumigation can call the Public Health Department at 038-429-738.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-22-02--

"Advised them to wear long-sleeved shirts."

Maybe these officers should practice what they preach?

The Aedes mosquito which transmits dengue fever is active approximately 2 hours after sunrise and several hours after sunset. So if these personnel were attending during normal business hours, there would be minimal need for them to wear long sleeves. But nice of you to have the first post as a bash.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

The Aedes mosquito which transmits dengue fever is active approximately 2 hours after sunrise and several hours after sunset. So if these personnel were attending during normal business hours, there would be minimal need for them to wear long sleeves. But nice of you to have the first post as a bash.

Where did you get that incorrect information from? So these mosquitoes of yours can see in the dark!

Or did you change it to make some point?

Edited by jacko45k

Where did you get that incorrect information from? So these mosquitoes of yours can see in the dark!
Or did you change it to make some point?

Nope. Didn’t change it to make a point. I was just incorrect. A mistake on my part.

A post with an altered quote has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

My estate has five confirmed cases of dengue.  The health officials came round to smoke the neighbourhood.  Despite advanced notice, many residents did not open their gates in case their dog got a cough.

It’s all funny until you get the dengue.

its like a torture with no help insight .

no medication , nothing to make you feel better .

good to see officials did something about it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

My estate has five confirmed cases of dengue.  The health officials came round to smoke the neighborhood.  Despite advanced notice, many residents did not open their gates in case their dog got a cough.

This is a Pattaya topic so mentioning  smoking could give some readers the wrong idea about what these health officials were actually doing, especially for those that did open their gates 😉😉

23 hours ago, Sealbash said:

Posting such misinformation is really not helpful to anyone.

Where in Pattaya is this? I'm gettting a bit worried when I hear about Dengue in my city. 

7 hours ago, balo said:

Where in Pattaya is this? I'm gettting a bit worried when I hear about Dengue in my city. 

It's always been there. Had it myself in 2009.

Edited by Kim J
  • Confused 1

Is prevention not better than the cure?