Public-health squad swarms South Pattaya apartment after dengue outbreak

Rimmer

Public-health squad swarms South Pattaya apartment after dengue outbreak

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya public health teams converged on the Soi Khopai Community after two residents came down with dengue fever.

The health department officers, joined by Surveillance and Rapid Response Team volunteers, destroyed breeding grounds for dengue-carrying mosquitos at an apartment complex on Soi Sukrudee 2 Feb. 11. They dumped water sources, flipped over buckets and containers and dropped abate into puddles and other standing water.

Volunteers then spread out, educating residents about how dengue spreads and advised them to wear long-sleeved shirts and apply insect repellant until the threat has subsided.

The visit came after an adult and child living in the complex contracted dengue from mosquitos buzzing around all the standing water there. Both are being treated at Banglamung Hospital.

Anyone requiring mosquito abate or fumigation can call the Public Health Department at 038-429-738.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-22-02--

"Advised them to wear long-sleeved shirts."

Maybe these officers should practice what they preach?

The Aedes mosquito which transmits dengue fever is active approximately 2 hours after sunrise and several hours after sunset. So if these personnel were attending during normal business hours, there would be minimal need for them to wear long sleeves. But nice of you to have the first post as a bash.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

The Aedes mosquito which transmits dengue fever is active approximately 2 hours after sunrise and several hours after sunset. So if these personnel were attending during normal business hours, there would be minimal need for them to wear long sleeves. But nice of you to have the first post as a bash.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where did you get that incorrect information from? So these mosquitoes of yours can see in the dark!

Or did you change it to make some point?

A post with an altered quote has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

My estate has five confirmed cases of dengue.  The health officials came round to smoke the neighborhood.  Despite advanced notice, many residents did not open their gates in case their dog got a cough.

This is a Pattaya topic so mentioning  smoking could give some readers the wrong idea about what these health officials were actually doing, especially for those that did open their gates ????????

Sorry if some on here live there nothing personal.

I am no expert on any of this.

Last year I looked at a condo at Nurin Condo complex.

The place was offered at 800,000 b for a studio. Seems pretty good.

But, I saw this place as a filthy hole with a big potential for disease spreading.

All the old aircons probably never been cleaned for years.

I saw rats and filth everywhere no one seems to care seems like a sickness breeding ground.

It is packed with people and truly would be my impression of a ghetto.

Maybe there are other places like this in town, but it sure stood out to me.

I surely hope those that live in Nurin take precautions and take good care of their health.

Archived