Visa question for Tourism Visa in Saigon

Hi 

Iam UK Citizen, I am looking to apply for a tourism visa to bkk in Saigon.  I see the document requires local gurantor, is this required? what is this and also requires one in thailand?

What documents do i need to provide?

2 Passport photos

Flight details to and from BKK

Hotel booking

Finances?  How do i provide this?

Edited by pantsonfire

https://govietnamvisa.com/page/vietnam-visa?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtbnjBRDBARIsAO3zDl-0x_nM1e0bjymGFLOmW6KXpeCPh-ySzFXAcxJ7hMUi2m-PWl9nbw4aAkumEALw_wcB

When you get to the airport..passport control...look left for Visa on arrival.

Might have to wait an hour just to get the visa stamped into your passport.

3 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

https://govietnamvisa.com/page/vietnam-visa?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtbnjBRDBARIsAO3zDl-0x_nM1e0bjymGFLOmW6KXpeCPh-ySzFXAcxJ7hMUi2m-PWl9nbw4aAkumEALw_wcB

When you get to the airport..passport control...look left for Visa on arrival.

Might have to wait an hour just to get the visa stamped into your passport.

He is from the UK and will get a free 15 day visa exempt entry.

5 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

How can i produce 20k bank statement if i applying for tourism visa to bkk

It does not have to be in baht. Note that I wrote the equivalent of 20k baht. It can be in any exchangeable currency.

If you have online banking on a phone they will accept a print out of a screenshot showing the balance.

OP, how long do you wish to stay in Vietnam. UK pp holders are visa exempt. If that the case go straight to passport control for stamp. If you want longer then apply for tourist visa. Best way IMO, obtain "letter of approval" from online agent. Upon arrival you go to visa on arrival counter. The agent when emailing your letter of approval will also include link to download form. Have it all fill in with photo before you land. Easy.

BTW on the form where it asks about sponsor... Leave that blank.

Its a 2 sided form. Print it out 2 sided

ERROR...just realized op is applying for a setv to THAILAND.

I misunderstood and thought he was applying for tourist visa for Vietnam.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Wife and self had the the odd experience in HCMC airport Imm' when one IO was asking to see boarding card stubs. Still not sure why he was asking everyone for those. Only happened one time.

It happens in many countries and also Thailand. And yes it varies...  sometimes asked and sometimes not. Weird.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not have to be in baht. Note that I wrote the equivalent of 20k baht. It can be in any exchangeable currency.

If you have online banking on a phone they will accept a print out of a screenshot showing the balance.

Ok getting a screenshot is pretty hard on barclays app.

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The website says evidence of 20,000 baht per person or 40,000 baht per family.

Don't see why showing cash would be a problem.

They will not accept showing the cash. They want something that can be attached to the application form for their records.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Wife and self had the the odd experience in HCMC airport Imm' when one IO was asking to see boarding card stubs. Still not sure why he was asking everyone for those. Only happened one time.

When this happens today, it usually means there was a glitch in the Advance Passenger Information System that informs immigration of the passengers expected on each flight. Since you were not automatically recorded in the system, the official wanted to confirm your flight details manually.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

When this happens today, it usually means there was a glitch in the Advance Passenger Information System that informs immigration of the passengers expected on each flight. Since you were not automatically recorded in the system, the official wanted to confirm your flight details manually.

IO in the next booth wasn't asking for them.

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

IO in the next booth wasn't asking for them.

There is no reason to believe that a glitch affecting individual passengers would cause the entire system to fail. Are you sure your official was asking for the boarding pass of all passengers? Did he ask immediately as you provided your passport, or only after scanning your passport?

In the past, boarding passes were always requested by the official along with your passport. Today, this is usually not required, as long as the official can see you are on the expected passenger list.

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no reason to believe that a glitch affecting individual passengers would cause the entire system to fail. Are you sure your official was asking for the boarding pass of all passengers? Did he ask immediately as you provided your passport, or only after scanning your passport?

In the past, boarding passes were always requested by the official along with your passport. Today, this is usually not required, as long as the official can see you are on the expected passenger list.

Wanted to see with passport. It was causing a lot of digging around in handbags etc.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Odd that showing a bank balance is ok for the visa then when you arrive at the airport they want to see cash. ????

"Odd" is one way of putting it. "Extremely irritating" is another. Those are the rules, and can be explained somewhat. First, two separate ministries are involved that are responsible for their own rules. Secondly, the consulate wants something printed for their files, whereas immigration does not want to concern themselves with verifying bank statements. In fact, immigration really only cares about the cash if looking for an excuse to deny entry.

• Like 1