Residence paper for CM.

holy cow cm

I know old subject, but it always keeps on changing. I need to renew my motorcycle license in the next couple of months, and part of that is having the residence paper from immigration. I know it has been hard - easy medium - hard - easy where it left off at Promenada, but where does it stand today at CM immigration airport?

Fee is fine, coming back the next day is fine, but what are they requiring nowadays and the time line to get one? Or can you even get one now?

Embassy is rather expensive for something that is not notarized. 

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

You can get it free if you can wait one month at immigration.

Where in the new Immigration building do you go for the free one?... Is this still run by the trollish old guy they had at Promenade that basically threatened you if he ever saw you asking for a free on again?

12 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Where in the new Immigration building do you go for the free one?... Is this still run by the trollish old guy they had at Promenade that basically threatened you if he ever saw you asking for a free on again?

They receive applications from around (can't remember exact time) 8:30 to 10:30 am every morning on the makeshift table on first floor (one floor up from ground floor). So make sure you come early.

No, they are not 'old' but young girl and guy.

lMake sure you have your TM30 sorted out and maybe original rental agreement just in case they want it.

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Requirement:

1 or 2 visa sized photos

Photocopies of your passport

Fill in a form

photocopy of TM 30

That's all.

Yeah, free to wait 1 month for not paying. Not my idea of fun nor free. 

Can you pay 500 baht like before and get it next day? Or in 2 days? I don’t mind paying, but I do mind waiting. 

Thnx in advance

You can pay 1000 and get it next day.

I did it last November - needed for transfer a bike. In the desk I just give all the paperwork and said "but I need it soon..." she said it's ok, 1000THB next day. Paid and get a slip with appointment for pick up next day.

People use the Tian agent cross the road (the big white building), I think it's same price. I did it directly at the desk in the inmigration building.

19 minutes ago, aremesal said:

You can pay 1000 and get it next day.

I did it last November - needed for transfer a bike. In the desk I just give all the paperwork and said "but I need it soon..." she said it's ok, 1000THB next day. Paid and get a slip with appointment for pick up next day.

People use the Tian agent cross the road (the big white building), I think it's same price. I did it directly at the desk in the inmigration building.

Did she give you an immigration official receipt after you've paid?

Or is this a private transaction deal?

Did she give you an immigration official receipt after you've paid?

Or is this a private transaction deal?

I don't know if it's an official receipt, but next day I just came to the front desk (#3 or #4, I think) and asked for my certificate showing the "receipt". It had my name (don't remember if my passport number too) and day and hour from the certificate will be ready to pick up - and it was indeed.

That’s a little rough @ 1000 baht, but the US Embassy is more for an affidavit. So it’s free or 1000 baht?, or do they have a 3-5 day fee? What ever it is they gotcha by the nose ring, so no choice. Think of buffalo when I speak if nose ring. 
AFAIK only choices are free 4-6 weeks or 1000THB next day.

27 minutes ago, aremesal said:

I don't know if it's an official receipt, but next day I just came to the front desk (#3 or #4, I think) and asked for my certificate showing the "receipt". It had my name (don't remember if my passport number too) and day and hour from the certificate will be ready to pick up - and it was indeed.

That's not a receipt but a slip to pick up your cert. I supposed it is a white color slip showing the collection date.

An official receipt is blue color, with the amount printed on it and with the receipt number. The middle of the page has the bird-man image.

So much for the 'no tips' signboard.

9 hours ago, aremesal said:
10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:
That’s a little rough @ 1000 baht, but the US Embassy is more for an affidavit. So it’s free or 1000 baht?, or do they have a 3-5 day fee? What ever it is they gotcha by the nose ring, so no choice. Think of buffalo when I speak if nose ring. 

AFAIK only choices are free 4-6 weeks or 1000THB next day.

Aint that sweet. The 1000 baht next day. All they will say is they gave you a choice so it is fair.

Thnx

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Aint that sweet. The 1000 baht next day. All they will say is they gave you a choice so it is fair.

Thnx

In my opinion, if they didn't give you an official receipt in blue color from immigration, that's considered corruption.

I can understand if it takes a few days (less than one week) but to take  one  month is ridiculous. It's just a certificate template that fills up your  name ,passport, address that can be done in 5-10 minutes including vetting.

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

In my opinion, if they didn't give you an official receipt in blue color from immigration, that's considered corruption.

I can understand if it takes a few days (less than one week) but to take  one  month is ridiculous. It's just a certificate template that fills up your  name ,passport, address that can be done in 5-10 minutes including vetting.

Yep. I don't mind them making an extra baht here and there as they are under paid, but this paper is not worth more than 200 - 300, 500 baht tops. Normally the receipt has always been blue. Few days to the better part of a week is totally acceptable, but then again how many of these papers are they actually doing per day? Can't be more than 10 -20.

but then again how many of these papers are they actually doing per day? Can't be more than 10 -20.

Last time there were around 10 people just in yhe very moment I applied - 2 minutes. The day I went to pick up, in the pile were maybe 50-60 if not more...

57 minutes ago, aremesal said:

Last time there were around 10 people just in yhe very moment I applied - 2 minutes. The day I went to pick up, in the pile were maybe 50-60 if not more...

50-60 doesn't mean to be collected for that day.

Those are certs which are completed but yet to be collected. It could have been completed one week ago and the applicant forgot or just don't want it anymore (sick of the waiting)

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yep. I don't mind them making an extra baht here and there as they are under paid, but this paper is not worth more than 200 - 300, 500 baht tops. Normally the receipt has always been blue. Few days to the better part of a week is totally acceptable, but then again how many of these papers are they actually doing per day? Can't be more than 10 -20.

Believe me, they do earn a lot of money 'privately'. There are lots of foreigners in Thailand. A conservative estimate of 10 people who want express method.

10 people per day = 10,000 baht

30 days per month = 300,000 baht

Why are all these agencies like Tian flourishing, look at the figures.

The government has eliminated the need for agents in other visas like retirement, marriage, education but not this simple procedure. I wonder why.

My driving licence is up in a few months also, but on a non b with work permit. The last time

all I needed was copy of passport, copy of work permit, medical cert and old licence.

Is this still the case or will I have to chase down other form.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Pyloszeus said:

My driving licence is up in a few months also, but on a non b with work permit. The last time

all I needed was copy of passport, copy of work permit, medical cert and old licence.

Is this still the case or will I have to chase down other form.

Thanks in advance

Residency letter is required. How you were able to not have it and pass is another story. 

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Residency letter is required. How you were able to not have it and pass is another story. 

I have had thai licence for the past 20 years, tranfering my original euro one for thai 20 years ago and  every 4 years or so renew it. Never asked for anything only what I stated, so things must have changed in the last 4 years. Thats it.

3 minutes ago, Pyloszeus said:

I have had thai licence for the past 20 years, tranfering my original euro one for thai 20 years ago and  every 4 years or so renew it. Never asked for anything only what I stated, so things must have changed in the last 4 years. Thats it.

For Chiang Mai?

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Maybe other posters can add their experiences. For me they have asked.

Yes, I renewed my driving licence recently, they requested  for residence cert so I applied one month before expiry date.

Maybe it's not required for those with work permit, better ask at the transport dept

Thanks EricTH,

Was thinking for going out there but thought I might save myself a trip by getting the info here. Well did just that this morning and you do need residence cert, but only for retirement

I gather from the very helpful lady on the 2 nd floor as for me and any other with non b and work permit, you need work permit, passport, med cert thats it.

Thanks again for your civil response.

Regards

On 2/22/2019 at 5:53 PM, EricTh said:

Requirement:

1 or 2 visa sized photos

Photocopies of your passport

Fill in a form

photocopy of TM 30

That's all.

Just filed my application today. Here is a copy of the official requirements subject to the winds of change. Note the hours for filing. Also, you need the application form which is not listed. You can get that at Window 4 downstairs if you arrive outside the filing hours.

Interestingly, they did not even mention the possibility of quicker turnaround for a fee. I pick mine up in 20 days. 

It still amazes me that what we just to do in 5 to 10 minutes - application to receipt of the certificate - now takes about 3 weeks. LOL

David

20190227_163437.jpg

4 hours ago, Genericnic said:

It still amazes me that what we just to do in 5 to 10 minutes - application to receipt of the certificate - now takes about 3 weeks. LOL

You're lucky. I've to wait 4 weeks.

Can you still use the US Consulate affidavit as a certificate of residence for getting a driver's license? They've changed somewhat over the years, with the original ones tailored for automotive/driving purposes. The latest one just has a space to insert the purpose, which I would guess would read like, "The purpose of this affidavit is to affirm my residence address, and is for the purpose of renewing my driver's license" Whatever. Also, note on the new version the rejoinder that we saw on the now-defunct income statements, namely:"We don't vouch that all the above is not all BS." Presumably, no photo need be attached.....?

Certainly would be nice to have same day service for this certificate, even if costing $50. Was always easy access for me (income statement), parking away at a restaurant, then taking a tuk tuk.

certificate of residency, chiang mai consulate.jpg

certifcate of residency, latest CM consulate.jpg

Archived