BANGKOK 23 March 2019 11:40
holy cow cm

Residence paper for CM.

I know old subject, but it always keeps on changing. I need to renew my motorcycle license in the next couple of months, and part of that is having the residence paper from immigration. I know it has been hard - easy medium - hard - easy where it left off at Promenada, but where does it stand today at CM immigration airport?

Fee is fine, coming back the next day is fine, but what are they requiring nowadays and the time line to get one? Or can you even get one now?

Embassy is rather expensive for something that is not notarized. 

You can get it free if you can wait one month at immigration.

Requirement:

1 or 2 visa sized photos

Photocopies of your passport

Fill in a form

photocopy of TM 30

That's all.

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Where in the new Immigration building do you go for the free one?... Is this still run by the trollish old guy they had at Promenade that basically threatened you if he ever saw you asking for a free on again?

Edited by sfokevin

12 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Where in the new Immigration building do you go for the free one?... Is this still run by the trollish old guy they had at Promenade that basically threatened you if he ever saw you asking for a free on again?

They receive applications from around (can't remember exact time) 8:30 to 10:30 am every morning on the makeshift table on first floor (one floor up from ground floor). So make sure you come early.

No, they are not 'old' but young girl and guy.

lMake sure you have your TM30 sorted out and maybe original rental agreement just in case they want it.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Requirement:

1 or 2 visa sized photos

Photocopies of your passport

Fill in a form

photocopy of TM 30

That's all.

Yeah, free to wait 1 month for not paying. Not my idea of fun nor free. 

Can you pay 500 baht like before and get it next day? Or in 2 days? I don’t mind paying, but I do mind waiting. 

Thnx in advance

You can pay 1000 and get it next day.

I did it last November - needed for transfer a bike. In the desk I just give all the paperwork and said "but I need it soon..." she said it's ok, 1000THB next day. Paid and get a slip with appointment for pick up next day.

People use the Tian agent cross the road (the big white building), I think it's same price. I did it directly at the desk in the inmigration building.

19 minutes ago, aremesal said:

You can pay 1000 and get it next day.

I did it last November - needed for transfer a bike. In the desk I just give all the paperwork and said "but I need it soon..." she said it's ok, 1000THB next day. Paid and get a slip with appointment for pick up next day.

People use the Tian agent cross the road (the big white building), I think it's same price. I did it directly at the desk in the inmigration building.

Did she give you an immigration official receipt after you've paid?

Or is this a private transaction deal?

That’s a little rough @ 1000 baht, but the US Embassy is more for an affidavit. So it’s free or 1000 baht?, or do they have a 3-5 day fee? What ever it is they gotcha by the nose ring, so no choice. Think of buffalo when I speak if nose ring. 

Did she give you an immigration official receipt after you've paid?

Or is this a private transaction deal?

I don't know if it's an official receipt, but next day I just came to the front desk (#3 or #4, I think) and asked for my certificate showing the "receipt". It had my name (don't remember if my passport number too) and day and hour from the certificate will be ready to pick up - and it was indeed.

That’s a little rough @ 1000 baht, but the US Embassy is more for an affidavit. So it’s free or 1000 baht?, or do they have a 3-5 day fee? What ever it is they gotcha by the nose ring, so no choice. Think of buffalo when I speak if nose ring. 
AFAIK only choices are free 4-6 weeks or 1000THB next day.

27 minutes ago, aremesal said:

I don't know if it's an official receipt, but next day I just came to the front desk (#3 or #4, I think) and asked for my certificate showing the "receipt". It had my name (don't remember if my passport number too) and day and hour from the certificate will be ready to pick up - and it was indeed.

That's not a receipt but a slip to pick up your cert. I supposed it is a white color slip showing the collection date.

An official receipt is blue color, with the amount printed on it and with the receipt number. The middle of the page has the bird-man image.

So much for the 'no tips' signboard.

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, aremesal said:
10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

AFAIK only choices are free 4-6 weeks or 1000THB next day.

Aint that sweet. The 1000 baht next day. All they will say is they gave you a choice so it is fair.

Thnx

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Aint that sweet. The 1000 baht next day. All they will say is they gave you a choice so it is fair.

Thnx

In my opinion, if they didn't give you an official receipt in blue color from immigration, that's considered corruption.

I can understand if it takes a few days (less than one week) but to take  one  month is ridiculous. It's just a certificate template that fills up your  name ,passport, address that can be done in 5-10 minutes including vetting.

Edited by EricTh

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

In my opinion, if they didn't give you an official receipt in blue color from immigration, that's considered corruption.

I can understand if it takes a few days (less than one week) but to take  one  month is ridiculous. It's just a certificate template that fills up your  name ,passport, address that can be done in 5-10 minutes including vetting.

Yep. I don't mind them making an extra baht here and there as they are under paid, but this paper is not worth more than 200 - 300, 500 baht tops. Normally the receipt has always been blue. Few days to the better part of a week is totally acceptable, but then again how many of these papers are they actually doing per day? Can't be more than 10 -20.

but then again how many of these papers are they actually doing per day? Can't be more than 10 -20.

Last time there were around 10 people just in yhe very moment I applied - 2 minutes. The day I went to pick up, in the pile were maybe 50-60 if not more...