Residence paper for CM.

holy cow cm

Has anyone used the US Consulate fill-in-the-blanks affidavit as a certificate of residency -- for any purpose, but mainly to renew/get your Thai driver's license? Or, does someone have knowledge that only the official, red stamped Immigration residency letter is applicable....? Thanx.

Has anyone used the US Consulate fill-in-the-blanks affidavit as a certificate of residency -- for any purpose, but mainly to renew/get your Thai driver's license? Or, does someone have knowledge that only the official, red stamped Immigration residency letter is applicable....? Thanx.
If you have a yellow house book this is all that is required
Hang Dong last Monday

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you have a yellow house book this is all that is required
Hang Dong last Monday

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I used the US consulate two years ago for my proof of residency to get my drivers license and it was pretty simple and worked just fine. I remember having to make an appointment online with the consulate, filling out the form but not signing it, and paying about $50.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, GregTN said:

I used the US consulate two years ago for my proof of residency to get my drivers license and it was pretty simple and worked just fine. I remember having to make an appointment online with the consulate, filling out the form but not signing it, and paying about $50.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanx. Will see if that still works in a couple of months from now, when I renew my license. Just happen to have an extra 50 bucks free, now that I won't be getting an income statement. Same day service suits me just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, holy cow cm said:

I know old subject, but it always keeps on changing. I need to renew my motorcycle license in the next couple of months, and part of that is having the residence paper from immigration. I know it has been hard - easy medium - hard - easy where it left off at Promenada, but where does it stand today at CM immigration airport?

Hi Holy Cow,
Don't forget that the certificate of residence from immigration is only good for 30 days. As you said you are going to renew license in the next couple of months, don't get it too early (esp if you pay ฿1000-) or it may expire before you use it!!!!

On 2/23/2019 at 11:54 AM, EricTh said:

can understand if it takes a few days (less than one week) but to take  one  month is ridiculous. It's just a certificate template that fills up your  name ,passport, address that can be done in 5-10 minutes including vetting

exactly, and when i did my license in 2006 and the next one in 2012 (i think), that's how long it took to get a certificate....about 5 or 10 minutes and free

Archived