Chiang Mai and Lampang suffer 'code red' air pollution

snoop1130

the locals generally don't care. Almost nobody with a mask on around here, 40kms out of town.  The smoke doesn't concern them, even those with small children. Can't see what the fuss is about, most of 'em.

When the lung and heart disease epidemic strikes in the next decade what will they blame. There must be blame.

Couldn't give a toss anymore about what's going on in Chiang Mai.  How's all that sugar cane money?  More important than public health, obviously. Burn. Baby. Burn.  Enjoying a lovely smog free day here in Bangkok. 

7 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

where are the planes, where are the drones, where are the water cannon? come on governor, do your job.

Surely the job would be to stop the burning or at least control it to a safer level. But T.I.T so that isn't going to happen any time soon.  It was bad when I lived there ten years ago and nothing has changed!

According to this international air quality map: https://waqi.info/

as of 5 pm today, Lampang is at 895 air quality index. If you click on the Lampang air quality indicator you can see that PM 10 levels are through the roof. Of all the sites reporting on this map Lampang is the worst place in the world at the moment. There was a site in north Thailand in the 500's yesterday, beyond code red and the Chiang Mai university site was also code purple two days ago. There is a code purple above red and above that is brown. Lampang is at brown at the moment

23 hours ago, connda said:

Yes, Thailand is bad, and the North is worst that most of the country.  But check the visual map and compare it to the rest of Asia. 
The AirVisual Earth program shows that India, China, and the Saudi Arabian peninsula have far more serious issues on any given day.

https://www.airvisual.com/earth

World_API.png.592bf9b0cc775b18bf8d3a79ae623054.png

Don’t see how this has any relevance to the health of people living in Thailand unless you are trying to say they are killing us slower here.

Chiang Mai has always been a dump. I remember reading online forums 15 years ago when I was just backpacking people were complaining about air quality.

I don't understand how can Chiang Mai posters here justify their constant cheer-leading.

Must have bought property they can't get rid of?

Archived