Urgent warning to parents after sick 'Momo challenge' makes its way to UK

snoop1130

Urgent warning to parents after sick 'Momo challenge' makes its way to UK

By Abigail Rabbett

2_Momo-4.jpg

Parents have been warned over sick Whatsapp 'suicide' game Momo which uses the work of a Japanese artist as the avatar (Image: CEN)

Last year, parents across the globe were warned about a sick new Whatsapp 'suicide game' called Momo.

At the time the terrifying game, which has been linked to the death of a 12-year-old girl in Argentina, had not made its way to the UK.

However it emerged today that a seven-year-old boy from Manchester was a victim of the harrowing challenge.

The disturbing game targets young people via Whatsapp and encourages them to kill themselves or bad things will happen to their friends and families.

Full Story: https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/momo-challenge-suicide-game-pic-15868665

15 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I think parents need to keep an eye on what their kids are up to, lots of other sick stuff on internet.

Agree totally; too many parents these days think electronic devices can replace them and their guidance. I remember my mother ALWAYS knew what I was up too; that was her job as a parent. And harsh discipline was doled out when I did something I wasn't supposed too, don't see much of that these days.

You can’t stop anyone from eventually accessing the internet, games and everything that comes with the world these days. They will find a way regardless of what you do. Age appropriate preparedness is far better than trying to protect them from it. 

Parents should know their kids better than anyone and if they are capable of dealing with the content that is out there. If you’re not creating an environment in which your child feels comfortable talking to you - then you need to change your parenting techniques.

If your children can’t tell the difference  between fantasy and reality or don’t know how to deal with people telling them to kill themselves, I would seek professional help.

Archived