WIfe's passport expiring before ILR application

My wife has been in the UK for over 4.5 years and is due to apply for ILR in September. Her Thai passport expires in 2 weeks, and due to work/family commitments we won't be able to renew it at the Thai Embassy in London until May at the earliest.

As her UK visa is in the form of a Biometric Residence Permit, I assume there are no issues if her Thai passport expires.

However given how expensive the ILR application will be, I just wanted to check there isn't an obscure immigration rule that states applicants must have held a valid passport for the entire duration of their stay in the UK.

If any forum members have found themselves in a similar position, I'd appreciate their input.

As far as I am aware, it doesn't matter if her passport has expired when she applies; I can find nothing to say otherwise. The guidance in the online form may say if a current passport is needed.

14 hours ago, Bleakey said:

due to apply for ILR in September. Her Thai passport expires in 2 weeks, and due to work/family commitments we won't be able to renew it at the Thai Embassy in London until May at the earliest.

Plenty of time to get her a new passport at the Thai embassy; when my wife renewed hers the new one came back within a month.

Archived