how to file TM30 for houseguest

Everything but the kitchen sink! 

Copy of their main passport page, the TM6 card and entry stamp, get him/her to sign them.

Copies of your own passport, Visa/Extension, TM6 and entry stamp. House book copy, but take original along (In your case rental contract). If applying at Jomtiem it is usually busy, but I found the queue picked up speed as we got near to closing time. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My thought initially started out that way, but my guest was riding around on a motorcycle and had also used my address on his TM6 on arrival. I was concerned if he had dealings with the police for whatever reason, it may reflect back to me.  

The very worst is a 1600-2000baht fine and if your friend has been in country more than a few days the "housemaster/owner", not your friend, will have to pay the fine even if you register now as it should be reported within 24hrs (some offices are more lenient than others).

My advice is not to bother now, its too late anyway.

• Like 1

A friend is coming from abroad and will stay with us in our rented condo for one week.  How do we or he file a TM30 with immigration?  What documents do we need to furnish, if any?

Where are you? Many places don't enforce TM30 reporting from individuals and even in those that do if your guests never have to visit an Immigration office it won't matter. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The very worst is a 1600-2000baht fine and if your friend has been in country more than a few days the "housemaster/owner", not your friend, will have to pay the fine even if you register now as it should be reported within 24hrs (some offices are more lenient than others).

My advice is not to bother now, its too late anyway.

It's not too late.  He will arrive two weeks from now.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where are you? Many places don't enforce TM30 reporting from individuals and even in those that do if your guests never have to visit an Immigration office it won't matter. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bangkok.  Filing would mean a trip out to Chaeng Wattana.

13 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That's not what the law says though, is it?

What has the "Law" got to do with it?  We are talking practicalities in Thailand! and as I said If he is in an area that enforces the "Law" he is going to have to pay the fine now if he reports the guest or pay it if the guest gets caught up in the system for some reason at a later date.  

There is no point in doing it now except to clear your law abiding conscience, if you have one!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That's not what the law says though, is it?

When my sister recently visited from the UK we just stopped off at immigration on the way home, all that was needed was a copy of my wife's Tabian Bahn and my sister's passport & departure card. In and out in a minute.

So, in my case, which is a rented condo, whose tabian baan is called for?  My Thai wife's or the condo owner's?

3 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

It's not too late.  He will arrive two weeks from now.

Sorry some later poster (jacko) added that their guest was already here, I thought it was you that had posted that info.

My point about the need to go to Immigration still stands though.  Others can tell you about BKK.

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Sorry some later poster (jacko) added that their guest was already here,

Well actually been and gone, and not too soon! ????

Bloody nuisance having to get myself to immigration the next day when I had other things to do. As it was, an unnecessary exercise. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What has the "Law" got to do with it?  We are talking practicalities in Thailand! and as I said If he is in an area that enforces the "Law" he is going to have to pay the fine now if he reports the guest or pay it if the guest gets caught up in the system for some reason at a later date.  

There is no point in doing it now except to clear your law abiding conscience, if you have one!

Well the OP was "how to file TM30 for houseguest" not "Should I" or "Need I". 

I thought the clarification might be of help to the OP, I hadn't counted on hurting your feelings, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

So, in my case, which is a rented condo, whose tabian baan is called for?  My Thai wife's or the condo owner's?

Sorry, I forgot, when my sister came I got Mrs BM to call our local immigration office to check first, they said it was required in our area now (a couple of years ago it wasn't). So for your peace of mind it might be worth a phonecall from your wife to CW, might even save you a trip.

You rented a house, so you should have a TM30 already for yourself, done by the condo owner.

He did this for you on arrival, electronic perhaps?

Again with someone coming new, the owner should inform immigration again by a TM30.

This should be done with in 24 hours of the arrival, as the law describes.

Dont know what it is worth.

As once i was in Phuket on a resort and the owner reported me after 2-3 days.

She did it by computer. 

Only know if you do an extension on your visa and it is not there , you get  a fine, at least.

I think , it is not much worth, until they are really going to check and if all requirements

are checked by linking them in a computer system. 

Personally, would not bother nor even give it a second thought. Very little risk involved. Itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie. Very worst case scenario is to play ignorant to ignorant laws...silly smile and wai...pay small fine and say sorry didn't know...won't happen again. As other posters have said...not necessary in many place and they are not such sticklers on these minor infractions, unless there is something previously out of sorts or a visit to Imm is needed and even then probably/possibly wouldn't care. 

I live in a rented room in a hotel.  My girl friend comes to visit me for 2 weeks from HK, arrives on a  tourist stamp. Since she is not a paying guest at the hotel, the hotel mgnt does not care and has no responsibility.  

Neither she nor i have ever been questioned by anyone after 3 yrs of this.

We have never considered a TM30 for her. 

The wife and I live in Australia. but for the last few years I have been working overseas. The Mrs didn't want to live on our property alone so she came back to Thailand. I visit every 3 or 4 weeks (visa waiver for the nerds on this forum..haha...5 years now...flagged after 6 visa waivers...really?? I don't think so  - just more TVF rumours taking on a life of their own and becoming 'fact'). I doubt she knows about any reporting requirements at all....why would she?. Never done anything apart from put her address on the immigration form. I stay in Bangkok on the way through and they take a copy of the passport and presumably report such.

OP just forget about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Agree and it's penalising those using the funds method if correct.

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Then there is no need to do it at all.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Brew is 100% correct. NOT REQUIRED at CW. Others stop posting about random offices. This thread should of been ONE reply.