BANGKOK 22 March 2019 01:17
cmarshall

how to file TM30 for houseguest

A friend is coming from abroad and will stay with us in our rented condo for one week.  How do we or he file a TM30 with immigration?  What documents do we need to furnish, if any?

Everything but the kitchen sink! 

Copy of their main passport page, the TM6 card and entry stamp, get him/her to sign them.

Copies of your own passport, Visa/Extension, TM6 and entry stamp. House book copy, but take original along (In your case rental contract). If applying at Jomtiem it is usually busy, but I found the queue picked up speed as we got near to closing time. 

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, scottiejohn said:

Unless they need to use immigration services for a visa extension etc you/condo owner really don't need to bother.

He won't be applying for any extension.  What are the consequences of not filing a TM30?

None if the visitor is just a visitor staying less than 90 days with no need to go to an Immigration Office for any immigration related activities.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My thought initially started out that way, but my guest was riding around on a motorcycle and had also used my address on his TM6 on arrival. I was concerned if he had dealings with the police for whatever reason, it may reflect back to me.  

The very worst is a 1600-2000baht fine and if your friend has been in country more than a few days the "housemaster/owner", not your friend, will have to pay the fine even if you register now as it should be reported within 24hrs (some offices are more lenient than others).

My advice is not to bother now, its too late anyway.

• Like 1

A friend is coming from abroad and will stay with us in our rented condo for one week.  How do we or he file a TM30 with immigration?  What documents do we need to furnish, if any?

Where are you? Many places don't enforce TM30 reporting from individuals and even in those that do if your guests never have to visit an Immigration office it won't matter. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The very worst is a 1600-2000baht fine and if your friend has been in country more than a few days the "housemaster/owner", not your friend, will have to pay the fine even if you register now as it should be reported within 24hrs (some offices are more lenient than others).

My advice is not to bother now, its too late anyway.

It's not too late.  He will arrive two weeks from now.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where are you? Many places don't enforce TM30 reporting from individuals and even in those that do if your guests never have to visit an Immigration office it won't matter. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bangkok.  Filing would mean a trip out to Chaeng Wattana.

13 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That's not what the law says though, is it?

What has the "Law" got to do with it?  We are talking practicalities in Thailand! and as I said If he is in an area that enforces the "Law" he is going to have to pay the fine now if he reports the guest or pay it if the guest gets caught up in the system for some reason at a later date.  

There is no point in doing it now except to clear your law abiding conscience, if you have one!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That's not what the law says though, is it?

When my sister recently visited from the UK we just stopped off at immigration on the way home, all that was needed was a copy of my wife's Tabian Bahn and my sister's passport & departure card. In and out in a minute.

So, in my case, which is a rented condo, whose tabian baan is called for?  My Thai wife's or the condo owner's?

3 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

It's not too late.  He will arrive two weeks from now.

Sorry some later poster (jacko) added that their guest was already here, I thought it was you that had posted that info.

My point about the need to go to Immigration still stands though.  Others can tell you about BKK.