BANGKOK
lovelomsak

Pattaya seems really quiet to me.

I   got to Pattaya 2 days ago at 4pm. I took  motorcycle taxi to my hotel from the bus station on the highway. It should have been rush hour. It was more like early sunday morning traffic. Never in all my years have I seen so little traffic in Pattaya at 4pm. Every where I have gone since, getting here  has been quiet. The massage girl just sit and look sad. Not even on phones just sit in gloom. There is no traffic to speak of.It is dead. No one is hustling it is like every one has given up. A ghost town to what it was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, champers said:

Don't tell anyone, but those new 500 room hotels like Brighton Grand and Centre Point don't actually have any customers. It makes you wonder why they were built.

Simple, money laundering.

• Like 2

North Road may be quiet but Thappraya Road between Pattaya and Jomtien is packed most of the day and night now. Also the whole length of South Road is often very busy, and I wont even start on the inevitable traffic jam around the VC Hotel in the 2nd Road extension, or the equally inevitable one around the corner of Beach Road and South Road.

• Like 2

I did not make any statements about being dead or dead soon I said it was like a ghost town.
   Pattaya will go for ever I am not stupid but at the present time it is lagging for sure.
    I have been here long enough to see Pattaya go through many changes. I remember the late 90's the condos  were crashing,many thought the end f Pattaya .This was when every thing ended at 2nd road there was no Soi Baukeaw but things changed.
   With all this said when I came in 2 days ago I cannot remember ever being in such light traffic at 4 pm. Say what you will I talk only from my own experiences.

You are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2