I want to watch Footie Live

Nyezhov

Over the years, I have given up virtually all sports watching except for Hockey highlights and big games and Football. Yes what folks call soccer. BEIN Sports and all that. Up late or early to watch Man U, etc.

I try not to ask Football questions because most hard core Premier League fans are pretty rude and arrogant, like, wow dude, you are a Yank, you dont know anything, so why ask....but now I have to..

There are 3 stadiums here, SCG, Thammasat and PAT. Thammasat is really out of the way for me (it would be a huge taxi ride or a train out of Hua lamphong) so unless the Football quality is that good, I dont think I will go out there.

It would be easiest for me to get to PAT. SCG would require a trip to Mo Chit and taxi from there

My question is: how good is the live Football here? Is there a big enough difference between the teams to mandate a trip to watch Muangthong at  SCG. Or can I just go over to PAT to watch Port? How are the stadium facilities in both venues? 

I know that Football fans are very rascist and violent. Thats kept me out of  stadiums in Europe. Are both of these venues safe for those who just want to enjoy a game?

55 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Rather a broad inaccurate statement. SOME of them are, the majority are NOT.

Well you know how Americans are always called violent, figured it was OK to generalize ????

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well you know how Americans are always called violent, figured it was OK to generalize ????

Sorry, I thought you were talking about REAL FOOTBALL fans, you know, where they kick the ball for 90 minutes, not throw it and fight over it for 5 hours.   LOL   555????

And interesting to note that you, a foreigner, mentioned Man Utd, as opposed to that FAR SUPERIOR team there is in that CITY.

We'll see at 7pm tomorrow, although it would help The Blues if they can beat The Scousers.   Only joking.

Oh and at 10pm, the first of possibly FOUR cups for The Citizens.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about REAL FOOTBALL fans, you know, where they kick the ball for 90 minutes, not throw it and fight over it for 5 hours.   LOL   555[emoji6]
And interesting to note that you, a foreigner, mentioned Man Utd, as opposed to that FAR SUPERIOR team there is in that CITY.
We'll see at 7pm tomorrow, although it would help The Blues if they can beat The Scousers.   Only joking.
Fingers crossed for a united victory...

Sent from my ARE-AL00 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I try not to ask Football questions because most hard core Premier League fans are pretty rude and arrogant...

Why do you say that?  They're humble and willing to take criticism from an outsider, and would never hijack a genuine question about Thai football by droning on about their favourite team in the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Why do you say that?  They're humble and willing to take criticism from an outsider, and would never hijack a genuine question about Thai football by droning on about their favourite teams in the Premier League.

I know dude...hardcore Football fans are kind of strange. Like in the US, the fans are more laid back: its like walking through a stadium parking lot hearing:

Yo loser dude with the Giants cap... you are a Giant fan?.... booooo, no steak sandwich for you, you can only have a Burger, here, smoke some of this, where your seats at, how was the traffic getting here? Really? Worse than Bangkok? Where is that, never been outside the USA, who wants to anyway. Gonna go to Denver for the game next week the 420 Bowl, hahahahahah. Hey check out my new AR-15, going Coytote Hunting tomorrow, wanna go...even if you are a Giants fan......

as opposed to the guys who see you wearing a Man U hat, and start screaming about Liverpool, plane crashes, their eyes start glazing over as they describe a Red Card 30 years ago, then their buddy rolls over....

'Ey 'Alf, look at this septic with the Man U Cap, been trying to educate him...Harhar, 'es a Yank Billy, just like all of the rest of their w*****r  followers, remember when we had us a go with those Red Army c***s, taught them did we.. Ya Alf, maybe a bit of a go with this one here teach him about Footie...Har har har har har, hey did you bring your bananas har har har...here now take that 'at off  ya silly Septic afore we have a little punch up wit you, thats a good lad....

But I digress...anyone want to answer the OP?

19 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry, I thought you were talking about REAL FOOTBALL fans, you know, where they kick the ball for 90 minutes, not throw it and fight over it for 5 hours.   LOL   555????

As exciting to watch grass grow.  Watch Australian Rules football if you want to see a game played to exhaustion, highly physical and played with a ball that has pointy ends. A properly executed "don't argue" is a joy to watch, none of this nancy-boy diving to draw a free kick.

OP you must be delighted with the quality of the replies to your original question. I checked in because I want to know for myself. Should have know better on here though. Attention span of a nat some of them. Thanks to davemos for at least touching on the subject. Does anyone have anything sensible to say??

I am a Port fan and follow the team home and away. Never even a hint of trouble. 

There was a big barny about 3  years ago when they played Mongtong away, and away fans have been banned from the away games for the last two years, but hopefully will be able to go again this season.

Out of the 3 teams you mention Bangkok united play the best football but in a stadium that has a capacity of around 25,000 they get regular crowds of 2,500 most of which are students of the uni there. So they get in for free. Their stadium also has a running track so you are miles from the action. My advice would be to avoid it.

Mongton were a good side but they have become known as the bad boys of the league as they always seem to be causing trouble. But it's nothing on a par with England back in the day.

So we come to Port. Always a great atmosphere before and after the games win lose of draw. As mentioned above plenty of stalls selling big bottles of Leo for 70 baht a pop. They normally shut up shop an hour or so after the game has ended. If you do come along there is a very friendly bunch of Western fans that tend to gather together than includes a few Americans, we now number about 40 on a regular basics and there can be up to 100 at most games if you include holiday makers. The average crown is between 4 to 5 thousand and is very vocal with drums playing etc (thought I would hate the drummers but its great). The Thai fans love getting there early getting drunk and then just having a great time wherever the score.

I have probably made friends with about 50 of them and we still have no idea what the other is saying. Few Leos and it doesn't really matter !!!

The football is probably championship standard but the atmosphere compensates for that.

Port should be one of the top 3 or 4 teams again this season.

If you are thinking of coming to the next home game its on Sunday K.O. at 7pm, but best to get there early as its the first home game of the season so will be close to a full house, also a band playing live that will add to the atmosphere and the crowd. If its anything like last seasons first game it will be between 6 and 7 thousand. 

Oh as for the ground its a proper football stadium that holds up to 12,00 if you believe the official reports but I would guess the most you could get in would be 7,000, also no running track.

Couple of pictures of the before game atmosphere. 

real thailand 2.jpg

real thailand.jpg

On 2/25/2019 at 3:40 PM, davemos said:

Port is a good team 3rd on the league last year .You can get a table outside cheap beer Leo and food street style is available. Great atmosphere and friendly crowd March 3 at PAT 

IMG_20180520_182250.jpg

Good Im going. Easier to get to than schlepping out to Impact. How much are tickets then? Sitting down tickets.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:14 PM, Rod the Sod said:

OP you must be delighted with the quality of the replies to your original question. I checked in because I want to know for myself. Should have know better on here though. Attention span of a nat some of them. Thanks to davemos for at least touching on the subject. Does anyone have anything sensible to say??

Hi all this weekend fixture Thailand premier league

Screenshot_2019-02-27-11-45-49.png

On 2/25/2019 at 3:40 PM, davemos said:

Port is a good team 3rd on the league last year .You can get a table outside cheap beer Leo and food street style is available. Great atmosphere and friendly crowd March 3 at PAT 

IMG_20180520_182250.jpg

I agree with that. I've been to a few games. Good fun and friendly fans.

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

@berybert 

Im there! Look for me! Fat old white guy with a glazed look.

Quite a few of those about so you wont stand out. 

I think the seat prices are about 200 baht a ticket. Standing is 130 baht. They have put the prices up this year.

Paradox start playing at 5.10 for an hour and a half before the game, no idea they are like but it will be a good atmosphere whatever. 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, berybert said:

Quite a few of those about so you wont stand out. 

I think the seat prices are about 200 baht a ticket. Standing is 130 baht. They have put the prices up this year.

Paradox start playing at 5.10 for an hour and a half before the game, no idea they are like but it will be a good atmosphere whatever. 

Wrong seat price is 180 baht all other parts of the ground 130. 

49 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Of course, only one team matters in Thailand.  Asian Champions League returns to Buriram on the 13th.

Image result for buriram united home game crowd

That would be cool to see

12 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Of course, only one team matters in Thailand.  Asian Champions League returns to Buriram on the 13th.

The only farang who go to Buriram regular are the poor souls who got married and had to move out that way. At least it gives you something to do a few times a year. 

Looks pretty busy in that picture, must have been before they stopped giving out free tickets and bussing in fans for nothing for miles around.  Watch out when the Euro Cake sign comes past ????

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:48 PM, berybert said:

The only farang who go to Buriram regular are the poor souls who got married and had to move out that way. At least it gives you something to do a few times a year. 

Looks pretty busy in that picture, must have been before they stopped giving out free tickets and bussing in fans for nothing for miles around.  Watch out when the Euro Cake sign comes past ????

Boy, that's quite an impressive obsession you've got gnawing away at you.  Even going as far as worrying about free tickets and fans getting bussed in.  What happened, did someone from Buriram run your dog over?  Give it up, you'll feel a lot better.

Archived