Hua Hin: Foreigner crushed to death in bike accident

rooster59

Hua Hin: Foreigner crushed to death in bike accident 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUzNy83Njg5MDI2LzguanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

Police were called to the area of Soi 78 on Petchkasem Road on Friday at 2pm after a foreigner came off a motorcycle and was crushed by a truck trailer. 

Sanook were extremely graphic in their report of the injuries sustained by Karl-Heinz Adami, 69.

His helmet was shattered and his false teeth were pictured on the road. 

He had suffered head trauma. 

His Honda Click was wedged under the back of a Ford Ranger pick-up.

One hundred meters down the road a Hino truck driven by Nattakrit, 46, was stopped. The driver said he had made a steel deliver to a building site by Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital and was going back. 

He felt something under his back wheels and stopped. He could not be sure what happened. 

Locals saw the victim riding in the left lane. 

Police are studying CCTV to determine what happened. 

The victim was taken to a hospital in Hua Hin for autopsy. 

Cleaners mopped up the road to ensure there would not be further accidents. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-23

dsc07079.jpg

POST 1, 

Before laughing out loud, the autopsy is mandatory for a violent death.
Perhaps the poor stranger was under tranquilizer, or on an existing one.
The investigation can be decisive for the responsibility.
Tragic death, whatever it soit.Paix him.

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

First post in.

Quality contribution.....

As per usual here.

Hope his family don't get to read the above comment about a tragic accident.

RIP to the victim.

No disrespect. But it is funny they even need an autopsy unless they are looking for booze, heart attack, or something to pin it on the foreigner. 69 is a fairly good age to pass on. When it is your time, it is your time. Don't be so serious.

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No disrespect. But it is funny they even need an autopsy unless they are looking for booze, heart attack, or something to pin it on the foreigner. 69 is a fairly good age to pass on. When it is your time, it is your time. Don't be so serious.

That's exactly what they'll be looking for - booze, drugs, medical event etc.

Nice to see you think you know more than medical experts though. 

A report with no actual facts apart from the death of the m'bike rider. His bike was under the back of a Ford pick-up and a truck 100 yards away reported "feeling something under the wheels". I cant remember every reading a more confusing and useless report as this. RIP to Karl-Heinz Adami, who may have been completely innocent, or the total opposite, we will probably never know.

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

That's exactly what they'll be looking for - booze, drugs, medical event etc.

Nice to see you think you know more than medical experts though. 

Will they be doing an alcohol, drug test on the truck driver too ?

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, sirocco said:

POST 1, 

Before laughing out loud, the autopsy is mandatory for a violent death.
Perhaps the poor stranger was under tranquilizer, or on an existing one.
The investigation can be decisive for the responsibility.
Tragic death, whatever it soit.Paix him.

sure it's the poor stranger fault, he was sleeping while driving.

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

69 is not a good time to pass on at all. Wait until you get there and maybe you will review that opinion. 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

69 is not a good time to pass on at all. Wait until you get there and maybe you will review that opinion. 

Slightly off topic,

I'm 63, I wish I'd passed at 50, before my divorce rape, when I thought there was still a God that rewarded the just and virtuous..

Was a with a pal just a few vehicles behind when this happened, didn't see incident but everybody was saying his bike was clipped by the other vehicle and he slid under Lorry. I have been here 12 years and have never seen such a sickening sight, The poor mans head was flattened. Also sickening was the amount of people clicking away on their phones mostly Thais but there were a few Falange at it as well. Can't understand these moronic comments that at 69 he has had a good run. Saw one foreigner throwing up but it didn't seem to bother the Thais  too much.  You see this carnage everyday here but this was just too much, hope his family's and friends are spared the photos

5 minutes ago, johnnytuc said:

Was a with a pal just a few vehicles behind when this happened, didn't see incident but everybody was saying his bike was clipped by the other vehicle and he slid under Lorry. I have been here 12 years and have never seen such a sickening sight, The poor mans head was flattened. Also sickening was the amount of people clicking away on their phones mostly Thais but there were a few Falange at it as well. Can't understand these moronic comments that at 69 he has had a good run. Saw one foreigner throwing up but it didn't seem to bother the Thais  too much.  You see this carnage everyday here but this was just too much, hope his family's and friends are spared the photos

Fortunately you stopped to get the event facts, thank you for your service.

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

When you are 69, you will not think that 69 is a "good time" to pass on.  I am 77 and certainly do not think that my time is up just yet.  

33 minutes ago, johnnytuc said:

Was a with a pal just a few vehicles behind when this happened, didn't see incident but everybody was saying his bike was clipped by the other vehicle and he slid under Lorry.

As the saying goes, "there but for the grace of God go I", and I say this because the amount of times that I have been just a few centimetres away from being clipped by speeding trucks, lorries and even motorbikes is unbelievable.

Some of these drivers have absolutely no idea of how to judge distance and space and if you want proof, look at the amount of times traffic comes to a standstill when two trucks with metres to spare either side of them, have to slow down and stop or slowly crawl past one another because they can't judge the distances.

There is everything wrong and absolutely nothing right with the driving/drivers here in Thailand and having a lazy police force only exacerbates the problem.

So sad for this poor guy, RIP.

Archived