Hua Hin: Foreigner crushed to death in bike accident

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Redline said:

I’m tired of hearing “I didn’t see anything, I just felt something under my truck.”  If that’s the case, then he was negligent for not paying attention 

From what I've heard this guy drove into the back of a parked pickup truck and then fell under the wheels of a much larger passing truck where he was hit by the back wheel - to me that suggests that he literally fell under the mid section of the truck between the wheels as it was passing him.

If this is accurate then there's nothing that anyone could have done to prevent it apart from maybe avoiding the stationary vehicle.

One question arises : Why was a pickup parked where it was ?

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

From what I've heard this guy drove into the back of a parked pickup truck and then fell under the wheels of a much larger passing truck where he was hit by the back wheel - to me that suggests that he literally fell under the mid section of the truck between the wheels as it was passing him.

If this is accurate then there's nothing that anyone could have done to prevent it apart from maybe avoiding the stationary vehicle.

One question arises : Why was a pickup parked where it was ?

Yes, that is probably true, but I have read this numerous times, even after they ran straight over the poor souls-mostly Thai people killed regularly this way

3 hours ago, johnnytuc said:

Was a with a pal just a few vehicles behind when this happened, didn't see incident but everybody was saying his bike was clipped by the other vehicle and he slid under Lorry. I have been here 12 years and have never seen such a sickening sight, The poor mans head was flattened. Also sickening was the amount of people clicking away on their phones mostly Thais but there were a few Falange at it as well. Can't understand these moronic comments that at 69 he has had a good run. Saw one foreigner throwing up but it didn't seem to bother the Thais  too much.  You see this carnage everyday here but this was just too much, hope his family's and friends are spared the photos

It was a Ford Ranger pickup...a ute  awe call them in Australia...not a heavy wheeled vehicle as you are alluding to with the Lorry comment.

The story should have been 'old expat who can't ride a motorbike falls under ute"

Its a sad result for the bloke but lets not get carired away.

10 hours ago, emptypockets said:

It was a Ford Ranger pickup...a ute  awe call them in Australia...not a heavy wheeled vehicle as you are alluding to with the Lorry comment.

The story should have been 'old expat who can't ride a motorbike falls under ute"

Its a sad result for the bloke but lets not get carired away.

Jeez mate read it, he was clipped and then went under the Lorry !!

19 hours ago, transam said:

Agreed.....A bit sad who ever thought of posting it...

It must have been a Thai. They have this morbid fascination with death and injury - you only have to see how crowds quickly form at a road accident or at a building on fire. They can also be a nuisance at a "scene of crime" when there is the need to preserve it.

7 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

It must have been a Thai. They have this morbid fascination with death and injury - you only have to see how crowds quickly form at a road accident or at a building on fire. They can also be a nuisance at a "scene of crime" when there is the need to preserve it.

you quite often see this behaviour in less developed or developing countries where many people lead  basically very dull and boring lives, anything that happens to bring something other than the normal drudgery into their day becomes absolutely fascinating; notice how locals walking along or riding motorcycles will stare at something ff to the side rather than pay attention to where they are going/what they are doing.

Exactly the same in India. I remember one instance when an Indian guy was staring at me he fell straight over a sign in the middle of the footpath.

you quite often see this behaviour in less developed or developing countries where many people lead  basically very dull and boring lives, anything that happens to bring something other than the normal drudgery into their day becomes absolutely fascinating; notice how locals walking along or riding motorcycles will stare at something ff to the side rather than pay attention to where they are going/what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/23/2019 at 10:28 AM, holy cow cm said:

No disrespect. But it is funny they even need an autopsy unless they are looking for booze, heart attack, or something to pin it on the foreigner. 69 is a fairly good age to pass on. When it is your time, it is your time. Don't be so serious.

It is a good position to be in as well

Archived