Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 March 2019 02:36
rooster59

Hua Hin: Foreigner crushed to death in bike accident

Recommended Posts

I’m tired of hearing “I didn’t see anything, I just felt something under my truck.”  If that’s the case, then he was negligent for not paying attention 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Redline said:

I’m tired of hearing “I didn’t see anything, I just felt something under my truck.”  If that’s the case, then he was negligent for not paying attention 

From what I've heard this guy drove into the back of a parked pickup truck and then fell under the wheels of a much larger passing truck where he was hit by the back wheel - to me that suggests that he literally fell under the mid section of the truck between the wheels as it was passing him.

 

If this is accurate then there's nothing that anyone could have done to prevent it apart from maybe avoiding the stationary vehicle.

 

One question arises : Why was a pickup parked where it was ?

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get another beer.

Slightly off topic,
I'm 63, I wish I'd passed at 50, before my divorce rape, when I thought there was still a God that rewarded the just and virtuous..


Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

From what I've heard this guy drove into the back of a parked pickup truck and then fell under the wheels of a much larger passing truck where he was hit by the back wheel - to me that suggests that he literally fell under the mid section of the truck between the wheels as it was passing him.

 

If this is accurate then there's nothing that anyone could have done to prevent it apart from maybe avoiding the stationary vehicle.

 

One question arises : Why was a pickup parked where it was ?

Yes, that is probably true, but I have read this numerous times, even after they ran straight over the poor souls-mostly Thai people killed regularly this way

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

As I said earlier, stay away from motorbikes in Thailand.

It was a push bike but why worry about the details?

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnytuc said:

Was a with a pal just a few vehicles behind when this happened, didn't see incident but everybody was saying his bike was clipped by the other vehicle and he slid under Lorry. I have been here 12 years and have never seen such a sickening sight, The poor mans head was flattened. Also sickening was the amount of people clicking away on their phones mostly Thais but there were a few Falange at it as well. Can't understand these moronic comments that at 69 he has had a good run. Saw one foreigner throwing up but it didn't seem to bother the Thais  too much.  You see this carnage everyday here but this was just too much, hope his family's and friends are spared the photos

It was a Ford Ranger pickup...a ute  awe call them in Australia...not a heavy wheeled vehicle as you are alluding to with the Lorry comment.

 

The story should have been 'old expat who can't ride a motorbike falls under ute"

 

Its a sad result for the bloke but lets not get carired away.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HLover said:

It was a push bike but why worry about the details?

The OP clearly states it was a Honda Click.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:
1 hour ago, HLover said:

It was a push bike but why worry about the details?

The OP clearly states it was a Honda Click.

Perhaps HLover was assuming that push came to shove?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP to the German man. 

 

I think this video can give you an idea of how the accident happened.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...