"They are foreigners - I have to attack them" - Nana woman in pink negligee with PVC pipe arrested

rooster59

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, connda said:

Someone had a mental breakdown.  I hope the poor woman is diverted to the proper hospital for treatment. "Foreigners are out to get me."  That's not a rational mind talking.

Perhaps someone who has been sexually abused ?? Having a psychotic episode due to poor mental health

37 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

oneit's possible that she had a bad experience with someone from the middle-east

unfortunately us 'farangs' get tarred with the same brush as these people

Why would it be some from the middle east?? Why not a foreigner/s from any country??

She's a bit overdressed for a mad woman.

I saw a version of her in an alley between shops in Kuta, Bali many years ago. She was stark naked and screaming at everybody.

The locals were afraid to go anywhere near her.

The tourists thought it all part of the foreign experience.

5 hours ago, Denim said:

Poor dear. Hope she gets the psychiatric help she obviously needs before someone gets badly hurt.

Very doubtful as Lumpini cops have said she was already responsible for many attacks in the Nana area...

translated... means they knew about her but did sod all as usual.

So in answer to your post ... no hope & no help anytime soon!

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Really? Have I missed something?

If you haven't noticed the anti-foreigner sentiment brewing at the various immigration offices throughout Thailand, then yes you are missing something.  The guy the Thais refer to as "Big Joke" appears to be their leader.  

The Thai media has been careful what they say about Big Joke and heaven forbid they criticise anything he does or says.  Thailand is quickly changing for the worst.  In a couple of years, western foreigners will be a rare sight. ????    

There is another one in the Pattayaland area of South Pattaya, darkish complexion, shortish hair, quite cute, around 5ft and 38kgs, who walks around bottling people ! Crazy as a s**t-house rat. She bottled my cook, requiring a visit to the local hospital, and 2 days later bottled a passing motorcyclist. Surprisingly the police have so far been rather ineffective. Beware !

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Really? Have I missed something?

The news media has been vilifying foreigners as a criminal element on a day-in day-out basis ever since the current regime took over control of the government. The round-ups of overstayers and foreigners involved in any type of crime - no matter how petty - are featured prominently in TV news and press reports every single day. The attitudes of everyday Thais towards foreigners - attitudes which were already suffering due to socio-economic pressures - have unquestionably suffered as a result of this constant propaganda.

The sad truth is that many Thais have been very receptive to this campaign because they no longer view foreigners as an opportunity for socio-economic benefit, certainly not to the same extent as in the past. Increasingly foreigners shop at big-box retailers, so mom-and-pop shops and fresh markets no longer see foreigners as a customer base to be cultivated, or even interact with. For the most part, government schools have been told not to hire foreign teachers and foreigners are terrified of even volunteer teaching on the hush-hush out of fear of being deported. So this avenue for interaction and good will building has evaporated as well.

Based on strictly anecdotal observations, the number of guys settling in rural Thailand with Thai wives - vacation romanced or otherwise - has dried to a trickle, so rural communities are less likely to see a daughter's marriage to a foreigner as a potential ticket out of poverty. When guys do settle in Thailand these days, they tend to be more savvy about the potential for being hoodwinked or marriage fraud and enter into marriages more slowly and cautiously (prenupts, separate bank accounts, usafruct agreements, background checks, maybe avoiding marriage all together). The internet, and the instant access to information it provides, also makes taking advantage of foreigners more difficult than in the past.

In many cases, because of the Great Recession and western currency devaluations (Aus$, US$, £, etc.), westerners simply aren't big spenders in the way they were in the past. In the process of stigmatizing Thailand's sex industry as a national embarrassment, the government has - inadvertently or otherwise - stigmatized Thai-foreign couples as well, which means that Thais, too, are somewhat more cautious about romantic entanglements with foreigners.

I believe foreigners are being deliberately scapegoated to deflect attention away from the shortcomings and failures of the current administration's policies. This nationalistic and xenophobic anti-immigrant focus helps draw attention away from the largely unaddressed problems of grinding rural poverty, growing income inequality, a disastrously poor education system, poor road safety, crime, air pollution, and lack of political freedom.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"They are foreigners - I have to attack them. They got me now I have to get them". 

Does this kind of talk bring out the "white knight" in you, like it does me?

"Now, now, honey, we're not all bad people. How about we go up to my room and talk this out? Sure, you can bring the PVC pipe along if it makes you feel more comfortable, no problem, sweetheart." :cheesy:

53 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The news media has been vilifying foreigners as a criminal element on a day-in day-out basis ever since the current regime took over control of the government. The round-ups of overstayers and foreigners involved in any type of crime - no matter how petty - are featured prominently in TV news and press reports every single day. The attitudes of everyday Thais towards foreigners - attitudes which were already suffering due to socio-economic pressures - have unquestionably suffered as a result of this constant propaganda.

The sad truth is that many Thais have been very receptive to this campaign because they no longer view foreigners as an opportunity for socio-economic benefit, certainly not to the same extent as in the past. Increasingly foreigners shop at big-box retailers, so mom-and-pop shops and fresh markets no longer see foreigners as a customer base to be cultivated, or even interact with. For the most part, government schools have been told not to hire foreign teachers and foreigners are terrified of even volunteer teaching on the hush-hush out of fear of being deported. So this avenue for interaction and good will building has evaporated as well.

Based on strictly anecdotal observations, the number of guys settling in rural Thailand with Thai wives - vacation romanced or otherwise - has dried to a trickle, so rural communities are less likely to see a daughter's marriage to a foreigner as a potential ticket out of poverty. When guys do settle in Thailand these days, they tend to be more savvy about the potential for being hoodwinked or marriage fraud and enter into marriages more slowly and cautiously (prenupts, separate bank accounts, usafruct agreements, background checks, maybe avoiding marriage all together). The internet, and the instant access to information it provides, also makes taking advantage of foreigners more difficult than in the past.

In many cases, because of the Great Recession and western currency devaluations (Aus$, US$, £, etc.), westerners simply aren't big spenders in the way they were in the past. In the process of stigmatizing Thailand's sex industry as a national embarrassment, the government has - inadvertently or otherwise - stigmatized Thai-foreign couples as well, which means that Thais, too, are somewhat more cautious about romantic entanglements with foreigners.

I believe foreigners are being deliberately scapegoated to deflect attention away from the shortcomings and failures of the current administration's policies. This nationalistic and xenophobic anti-immigrant focus helps draw attention away from the largely unaddressed problems of grinding rural poverty, growing income inequality, a disastrously poor education system, poor road safety, crime, air pollution, and lack of political freedom.

Well written and an accurate assessment.  Thank you Gecko ????

5 hours ago, connda said:

Someone had a mental breakdown.  I hope the poor woman is diverted to the proper hospital for treatment. "Foreigners are out to get me."  That's not a rational mind talking.

Didn't come from her mind.  She is just repeating what her government tells her each and every day.

Archived