"They are foreigners - I have to attack them" - Nana woman in pink negligee with PVC pipe arrested

rooster59

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

The news media has been vilifying foreigners as a criminal element on a day-in day-out basis ever since the current regime took over control of the government. The round-ups of overstayers and foreigners involved in any type of crime - no matter how petty - are featured prominently in TV news and press reports every single day. The attitudes of everyday Thais towards foreigners - attitudes which were already suffering due to socio-economic pressures - have unquestionably suffered as a result of this constant propaganda.

The sad truth is that many Thais have been very receptive to this campaign because they no longer view foreigners as an opportunity for socio-economic benefit, certainly not to the same extent as in the past. Increasingly foreigners shop at big-box retailers, so mom-and-pop shops and fresh markets no longer see foreigners as a customer base to be cultivated, or even interact with. For the most part, government schools have been told not to hire foreign teachers and foreigners are terrified of even volunteer teaching on the hush-hush out of fear of being deported. So this avenue for interaction and good will building has evaporated as well.

Based on strictly anecdotal observations, the number of guys settling in rural Thailand with Thai wives - vacation romanced or otherwise - has dried to a trickle, so rural communities are less likely to see a daughter's marriage to a foreigner as a potential ticket out of poverty. When guys do settle in Thailand these days, they tend to be more savvy about the potential for being hoodwinked or marriage fraud and enter into marriages more slowly and cautiously (prenupts, separate bank accounts, usafruct agreements, background checks, maybe avoiding marriage all together). The internet, and the instant access to information it provides, also makes taking advantage of foreigners more difficult than in the past.

In many cases, because of the Great Recession and western currency devaluations (Aus$, US$, £, etc.), westerners simply aren't big spenders in the way they were in the past. In the process of stigmatizing Thailand's sex industry as a national embarrassment, the government has - inadvertently or otherwise - stigmatized Thai-foreign couples as well, which means that Thais, too, are somewhat more cautious about romantic entanglements with foreigners.

I believe foreigners are being deliberately scapegoated to deflect attention away from the shortcomings and failures of the current administration's policies. This nationalistic and xenophobic anti-immigrant focus helps draw attention away from the largely unaddressed problems of grinding rural poverty, growing income inequality, a disastrously poor education system, poor road safety, crime, air pollution, and lack of political freedom.

Great post. Articulated precisely how things unfolded in Indonesia.  I just didn't have the energy to write it all down. Thanks for saving me the job.

The following circumstances led to the attacks on foreigners in Indonesia.  I was there when youths went on the rampage hacking at expats with machetes and burning houses and businesses.

I have for many years watched Thailand heading down the exact same path:

1. Youth dumbed down entirely due to a disfunctional and corrupt education system.

2. Lads have little to no prospects to get a decent job.

3. In the absence of work opportunities no way for them to save a dowry to get themselves a wife.

4. No work and no relationship leads to increased drug abuse and a rise in sexual assault offences.

5. Corrupt government constantly trying to blame the problems it has created on foreigners. The mantras are well know: Foreigners are bad.  They are criminals. You can't get a job because the foreigners have taken them all. You can't get a girl friend because they only want to marry a rich foreigner. 

There is a huge powder keg of anti foreigner sentiment here. Especially among male youths. When it finally explodes, expats will bear the brunt of the resulting violent upheaval. Anyone who can't see that writing on the wall is entirely deluded.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Where would this country be without all inventions these pesky foreigners brought in?

The xenophobe wouldn't even have a light bulb, an ice cube, or a mobile phone etc.etc.

Don't forget the  "Everlasting Bobbin Sewing (EBS) System"

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/phuket-expat-re-invents-the-way-sewing-machines-work

14 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Great post. Articulated precisely how things unfolded in Indonesia.  I just didn't have the energy to write it all down. Thanks for saving me the job.

The following circumstances led to the attacks on foreigners in Indonesia.  I was there when youths went on the rampage hacking at expats with machetes and burning houses and businesses.

I have for many years watched Thailand heading down the exact same path:

1. Youth dumbed down entirely due to a disfunctional and corrupt education system.

2. Lads have little to no prospects to get a decent job.

3. In the absence of work opportunities no way for them to save a dowry to get themselves a wife.

4. No work and no relationship leads to increased drug abuse and a rise in sexual assault offences.

5. Corrupt government constantly trying to blame the problems it has created on foreigners. The mantras are well know: Foreigners are bad.  They are criminals. You can't get a job because the foreigners have taken them all. You can't get a girl friend because they only want to marry a rich foreigner. 

There is a huge powder keg of anti foreigner sentiment here. Especially among male youths. When it finally explodes, expats will bear the brunt of the resulting violent upheaval. Anyone who can't see that writing on the wall is entirely deluded.

I think you are an expert on delusion.

38 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I think you are an expert on delusion.

If you are dismissing the idea that Thailand has social tensions which have the potential to boil over, I would argue that you may be the one who is deluded.

The Thai education system fails young males, job prospects for many Thais are bleak as a result, drug and alcohol abuse rates are high, ability to finance the formation of a new household is poor, and the government is not seen as addressing most of these problems. All of these social pressures were cited in Khaeng Mak's post. One statistic which always stuck me when I was studying the Cambodian war was  that the average age of Khmer Rouge soldiers entering Phnom Penh in 1975 was seventeen.

20 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Who deemed the pink negligee sexy?

Thank you. It took a few pages of posts before someone (you) reflected my own thoughts.

Certainly NOT my idea of a sexy negligee. Looks more like an old house dress to me.

31 minutes ago, neeray said:

Thank you. It took a few pages of posts before someone (you) reflected my own thoughts.

Certainly NOT my idea of a sexy negligee. Looks more like an old house dress to me.

It would have been more insulting if someone reported she was wearing an un-ironed cat suit then realised she was naked.

Ha ha..... Nearly as good as the Japanese guy with a katana sword in Ratchada who was happily waving it at anyone in the street....... Mind you Kanchanaburi breeds some real nutters......... I hope she's not related to the cop that shot and run over the two westerners there a few years back......

2 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Well, if you can't see the anti-foreigner sentiment brewing with "Big Joke" stirring the pot, then I believe you may be the one who is delusional. ????

!00%, if anyone can't read the writing on the wall....... then try Specsavers !  "Paypal's" only the monkey, he's not the organ grinder, he's getting fitted for a new pink suit.......

23 hours ago, connda said:

Thailand isn't Indonesia.  Completely different dynamics.  In Indonesia during the riots, they were not just turning on foreigners.  It was deeper than that as Chinese businesses were the primary targets.

I had friends move out from Indo during the last riots and they were definetely not welcome and wern't Chinese..... I might just add, Thailand employed the same tactics with the Communists years ago and look what happened then... These boys know exactly what they're doing......... They're targeting and getting rid of westerners without ruffling too many International feathers........

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The news media has been vilifying foreigners as a criminal element on a day-in day-out basis ever since the current regime took over control of the government. The round-ups of overstayers and foreigners involved in any type of crime - no matter how petty - are featured prominently in TV news and press reports every single day. The attitudes of everyday Thais towards foreigners - attitudes which were already suffering due to socio-economic pressures - have unquestionably suffered as a result of this constant propaganda.

The sad truth is that many Thais have been very receptive to this campaign because they no longer view foreigners as an opportunity for socio-economic benefit, certainly not to the same extent as in the past. Increasingly foreigners shop at big-box retailers, so mom-and-pop shops and fresh markets no longer see foreigners as a customer base to be cultivated, or even interact with. For the most part, government schools have been told not to hire foreign teachers and foreigners are terrified of even volunteer teaching on the hush-hush out of fear of being deported. So this avenue for interaction and good will building has evaporated as well.

Based on strictly anecdotal observations, the number of guys settling in rural Thailand with Thai wives - vacation romanced or otherwise - has dried to a trickle, so rural communities are less likely to see a daughter's marriage to a foreigner as a potential ticket out of poverty. When guys do settle in Thailand these days, they tend to be more savvy about the potential for being hoodwinked or marriage fraud and enter into marriages more slowly and cautiously (prenupts, separate bank accounts, usafruct agreements, background checks, maybe avoiding marriage all together). The internet, and the instant access to information it provides, also makes taking advantage of foreigners more difficult than in the past.

In many cases, because of the Great Recession and western currency devaluations (Aus$, US$, £, etc.), westerners simply aren't big spenders in the way they were in the past. In the process of stigmatizing Thailand's sex industry as a national embarrassment, the government has - inadvertently or otherwise - stigmatized Thai-foreign couples as well, which means that Thais, too, are somewhat more cautious about romantic entanglements with foreigners.

I believe foreigners are being deliberately scapegoated to deflect attention away from the shortcomings and failures of the current administration's policies. This nationalistic and xenophobic anti-immigrant focus helps draw attention away from the largely unaddressed problems of grinding rural poverty, growing income inequality, a disastrously poor education system, poor road safety, crime, air pollution, and lack of political freedom.

100% right, on the nail ! 

18 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

@Khaeng Mak

I think I live in a different Thailand..

All these things apparently happen under my nose and haven't noticed them????

Seriously...Thais were NEVER friendly....just pseudo-friendly

After 15 years here I still have no thai friends...and I tried.

I think I speak for many farangs

I'm coming up to thirty years now in Thailand and SE Asia, i don't have one Thai friend after all those years...... I have "Friends" when they want money, buts that's it....... Sad but true.......

22 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I had friends move out from Indo during the last riots and they were definetely not welcome and wern't Chinese..... I might just add, Thailand employed the same tactics with the Communists years ago and look what happened then... These boys know exactly what they're doing......... They're targeting and getting rid of westerners without ruffling too many International feathers........

I'm surprised there are so many posters who don't see this purge of westerns happening right in front of them.  Some of these people even brag about how easy it is for them to deposit 800,000 baht in a Thai bank, in order to get another one year visa extension.  

Of course it is easy but foolish to do.  For the people who are complying with this requirement, please don't ask me to explain how Thai Immigration is taking advantage of you.  Read financial periodicals and educate yourself.

The absolute minimum number of western foreigners who will leave Thailand this year will be about 30%.  I'm sure next year the migration will continue.  And no these are not the "bad farangs" as "Big Joke" would like you to believe.  Immigrations propaganda is spilling out into the Thai public, as this Nana woman demonstrated in her anti-foreigner rant.  

There will be more of this nonsense as more of the poorly educated Thais listen to the anti-foreigner propaganda. ????    

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

If you are dismissing the idea that Thailand has social tensions which have the potential to boil over, I would argue that you may be the one who is deluded.

The Thai education system fails young males, job prospects for many Thais are bleak as a result, drug and alcohol abuse rates are high, ability to finance the formation of a new household is poor, and the government is not seen as addressing most of these problems. All of these social pressures were cited in Khaeng Mak's post. One statistic which always stuck me when I was studying the Cambodian war was  that the average age of Khmer Rouge soldiers entering Phnom Penh in 1975 was seventeen.

Strange that you should mention that about Cambodia. My Mrs is Khmer really, one of your Buri Ram Khmen speaking dark versions, not prone to speaking much, but when she does it's wise to listen. She said that the current pratt in charge reminds her of what her mother told her about Mr POT !     Food for thought....... She was born in 75 after her mother legged it over the border........ lucky......

On 2/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, Khaeng Mak said:

Coming to a street corner near you very soon.

I was in Indonesia years ago when the locals rioted and turned on the foreign residents and their houses and businesses.

Thailand is currently heading in exactly the same direction fueled by the never ceasing stream of anti foreigner propaganda.

10th floor???

15 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

I'm surprised there are so many posters who don't see this purge of westerns happening right in front of them.  Some of these people even brag about how easy it is for them to deposit 800,000 baht in a Thai bank, in order to get another one year visa extension.  

Of course it is easy but foolish to do.  For the people who are complying with this requirement, please don't ask me to explain how Thai Immigration is taking advantage of you.  Read financial periodicals and educate yourself.

The absolute minimum number of western foreigners who will leave Thailand this year will be about 30%.  I'm sure next year the migration will continue.  And no these are not the "bad farangs" as "Big Joke" would like you to believe.  Immigrations propaganda is spilling out into the Thai public, as this Nana woman demonstrated in her anti-foreigner rant.  

There will be more of this nonsense as more of the poorly educated Thais listen to the anti-foreigner propaganda. ????    

100% right...... I'm reading and listening to all these i'm alright jacks on youtube stating that they've got the money and they're ok...... My rear end you are !  "Come into the parlour said the spider to the fly"....... Ring any bells ? 

Archived