Pattaya's shame: Foreigner leaves blood on the sidewalk

rooster59

3 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Them damned foreigners coming here and tripping over our lovely (Assault courses) i mean pavements and leaving their blood all over the place....... Obviously a case for Hakpal !  Solution, remove the foreigners !  As Thai logic says, "The accident wouldn't of happened if you wern't here".......

Careful, same could be said of "luk khrueng"! A whole new can of worms.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah another issue they had to side step...... no 50/50 in the military or government and they can't vote....... or has it all changed now...... ?  I can't keep up with the laws anymore, changing faster than a whores draws.... !

8 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:
23 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah another issue they had to side step...... no 50/50 in the military or government and they can't vote....... or has it all changed now...... ?  I can't keep up with the laws anymore, changing faster than a whores draws.... ! 

Aren't you thinking of the Grand Old Duke of York?

...and when they were up they were up, and when they were down they were down...

On 2/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Many Thai sidewalk are hazardous to walk on

For some people Thailand is a hazardous country to visit. Be prepared for dangers everywhere.  

The problem this stuff gets reprted in there home counties, the outcome being the much needed families stop comeing and make way for the beer guzzling over sexed idiots who they say they do not want, ask the business owners and single mothers who they want, answers on a postcard to the Pattaya tourist board

On 2/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, worgeordie said:

What image would that be ?, if that happened in the West

you could sue the local authority,here you have to get yourself

to the hospital and pay the bill ,unless you are Chinese of course.

regards Worgeordie

I don't quite get it. What happen if you are chinese?

On 2/23/2019 at 8:05 AM, zoza said:

according to the latest on the soi Buchow grapevine a heart attack victim

who was rushed to one of our more expensive hospitals due to his collapse

a few weeks back was put on ICU , and I was told when he was visited he

was stone cold and no sign of life, but they kept him wired up and only after a phone call from family in UK, they unplugged him....total bill for 36

hours...700,000 baht ,so at least this old chap was conscious, and would be able to sign himself out..... before he was bankrupted.

I hope the old chap has a speedy recovery.

I will get an update on this story tomorrow. 

???????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, cookieqw said:

where is hellfire crossing pls

Nickname for where Soi Diana crosses over soi Buakhao into soi Lengkee, made more fun by delivery trucks and baht buses stopping there willy-nilly. 

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nickname for where Soi Diana crosses over soi Buakhao into soi Lengkee, made more fun by delivery trucks and baht buses stopping there willy-nilly. 

must have been a yank naming it - way over the top, it works what more do you want.

17 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

must have been a yank naming it - way over the top, it works what more do you want.

Might depend on your definition of 'works'.... if that bedlam suits you, yours differs from mine. Anyhow, usually manage to go around it. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, cookieqw said:

???????????????????????????????

Apparently he was insured by Bupa and they refused this bill so the hospital put out a revised bill. (not heard anymore)

My old mate died about 18 years ago after he was in a fire/explosion

and had burns that professionals said he would not survive, due to the amount % he had suffered, another Pattaya hospital kept him in ICU for a week and then sent him on a ride in an ambulance (he then died) and his bill had been paid up to date by his family. so this stuff has been going on for a long time.

• 1 month later...

The sad truth is that the sidewalks in Thailand are a major hazard. From twisting your ankle on uneven pavement, to falling in a cracked sewer slat, to cutting your head open on low hanging signs, dodging street vendors and food carts, getting hit by a motorbike using the sidewalk, or countless other obstacles and issues, including bus stops under construction! This has gone largely unregulated for decades now. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The sad truth is that the sidewalks in Thailand are a major hazard. From twisting your ankle on uneven pavement, to falling in a cracked sewer slat, to cutting your head open on low hanging signs, dodging street vendors and food carts, getting hit by a motorbike using the sidewalk, or countless other obstacles and issues, including bus stops under construction! This has gone largely unregulated for decades now. 

I couldn't even agree more with you. I'm a wheelchair user and trust me, it all comes down to being on a sidewalk and getting hit by a motorbike using it or... be on the road itself and well.. getting hit by a reckless motorbike driver.

It's a lose-lose situation.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, worgeordie said:

What image would that be ?, if that happened in the West

you could sue the local authority,here you have to get yourself

to the hospital and pay the bill ,unless you are Chinese of course.

regards Worgeordie

pardon the pun but it would be like trying to get "blood out of a stone" if the man tried to sue.....and if he did just how long would it take for him to be compensated???

From that "trip point" all the way down to Walking Street, there are many many many obstacles just waiting for unlucky and frail people to "trip". Part and parcel of Thailand and Thai mentality. 

Official answer to all this "You should be more careful". 

And obviously forget that City Hall has a duty to protect foreigners.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, DPGumbypgh said:

That is not a repair to the sidewalk. It is the foundations for the new baht bus stop roofs. They are all over the place on the baht bus routes. Some of them seem to have been there a year or now. Maybe they ran out of money.

And of course whole beauty of the baht bus system in Pattaya was that the NO bus stops are needed, required or wanted! A deranged authoritarian plan costing money,  causing confusion and directing energy,  expense and money where it's not needed.

16 hours ago, essox essox said:

pardon the pun but it would be like trying to get "blood out of a stone" if the man tried to sue.....and if he did just how long would it take for him to be compensated???

Pothole Britain's. No chance of sueing the council. ⁹

12 hours ago, Kasane said:

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings. There are potholes here, traffic hazards here, dirt and pollution here. etc. etc. Keep eyes open and exercise caution.

There are older people who are not as sure footed nor able to see the dangers, which one has to accommodate. It is not as if the streets are well lit. A particular example might by the Walking St/Beach Rd/ Pataya Tai corner, where crowds get funneled on a pavement being hogged by lounging M/C taxi drives. A slight step left, the ankle rolls over a kerb edge and one stumbles infront of a large coach going a little too fast and struggling with the busy corner.

It is truly a shambles, the entrance to the main Pattaya attraction. 

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings. There are potholes here, traffic hazards here, dirt and pollution here. etc. etc. Keep eyes open and exercise caution.

Meanwhile back in Nakhon Nowhere, a person who I used to do the morning walk/run, with tripped on the base of a street light. Street light yanked out but base with giant screws never removed. Head over toenails, bloody but do not think it required stitches. Same morning exercise crowd, this time a bike rider was paying attention to traffic, but missed the hole in the pavement. Front tire in, head over handlebars and reaching out instinctively, she broke a collar bone. Only good thing, no cars were following close or she would have been run over.

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings.

Good question as these were both Kone-thai you would have thought they would know …. Go figure huh   :thumbsup:

Archived