Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 April 2019 13:13
rooster59

Pattaya's shame: Foreigner leaves blood on the sidewalk

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, cookieqw said:

where is hellfire crossing pls

Nickname for where Soi Diana crosses over soi Buakhao into soi Lengkee, made more fun by delivery trucks and baht buses stopping there willy-nilly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, HLover said:

They look where they are walking.

its called economics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nickname for where Soi Diana crosses over soi Buakhao into soi Lengkee, made more fun by delivery trucks and baht buses stopping there willy-nilly. 

must have been a yank naming it - way over the top, it works what more do you want.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

must have been a yank naming it - way over the top, it works what more do you want.

Might depend on your definition of 'works'.... if that bedlam suits you, yours differs from mine. Anyhow, usually manage to go around it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, cookieqw said:

???????????????????????????????

Apparently he was insured by Bupa and they refused this bill so the hospital put out a revised bill. (not heard anymore)

My old mate died about 18 years ago after he was in a fire/explosion

and had burns that professionals said he would not survive, due to the amount % he had suffered, another Pattaya hospital kept him in ICU for a week and then sent him on a ride in an ambulance (he then died) and his bill had been paid up to date by his family. so this stuff has been going on for a long time.
 

 

Edited by zoza
sticking key

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad truth is that the sidewalks in Thailand are a major hazard. From twisting your ankle on uneven pavement, to falling in a cracked sewer slat, to cutting your head open on low hanging signs, dodging street vendors and food carts, getting hit by a motorbike using the sidewalk, or countless other obstacles and issues, including bus stops under construction! This has gone largely unregulated for decades now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The sad truth is that the sidewalks in Thailand are a major hazard. From twisting your ankle on uneven pavement, to falling in a cracked sewer slat, to cutting your head open on low hanging signs, dodging street vendors and food carts, getting hit by a motorbike using the sidewalk, or countless other obstacles and issues, including bus stops under construction! This has gone largely unregulated for decades now. 

I couldn't even agree more with you. I'm a wheelchair user and trust me, it all comes down to being on a sidewalk and getting hit by a motorbike using it or... be on the road itself and well.. getting hit by a reckless motorbike driver.

 

It's a lose-lose situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, worgeordie said:

What image would that be ?, if that happened in the West

you could sue the local authority,here you have to get yourself

to the hospital and pay the bill ,unless you are Chinese of course.

regards Worgeordie

pardon the pun but it would be like trying to get "blood out of a stone" if the man tried to sue.....and if he did just how long would it take for him to be compensated???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From that "trip point" all the way down to Walking Street, there are many many many obstacles just waiting for unlucky and frail people to "trip". Part and parcel of Thailand and Thai mentality. 

Official answer to all this "You should be more careful". 

And obviously forget that City Hall has a duty to protect foreigners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings. There are potholes here, traffic hazards here, dirt and pollution here. etc. etc. Keep eyes open and exercise caution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, DPGumbypgh said:

That is not a repair to the sidewalk. It is the foundations for the new baht bus stop roofs. They are all over the place on the baht bus routes. Some of them seem to have been there a year or now. Maybe they ran out of money.

And of course whole beauty of the baht bus system in Pattaya was that the NO bus stops are needed, required or wanted! A deranged authoritarian plan costing money,  causing confusion and directing energy,  expense and money where it's not needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, essox essox said:

pardon the pun but it would be like trying to get "blood out of a stone" if the man tried to sue.....and if he did just how long would it take for him to be compensated???

Pothole Britain's. No chance of sueing the council. ⁹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kasane said:

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings. There are potholes here, traffic hazards here, dirt and pollution here. etc. etc. Keep eyes open and exercise caution.

There are older people who are not as sure footed nor able to see the dangers, which one has to accommodate. It is not as if the streets are well lit. A particular example might by the Walking St/Beach Rd/ Pataya Tai corner, where crowds get funneled on a pavement being hogged by lounging M/C taxi drives. A slight step left, the ankle rolls over a kerb edge and one stumbles infront of a large coach going a little too fast and struggling with the busy corner.

It is truly a shambles, the entrance to the main Pattaya attraction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kasane said:

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings. There are potholes here, traffic hazards here, dirt and pollution here. etc. etc. Keep eyes open and exercise caution.

 

Meanwhile back in Nakhon Nowhere, a person who I used to do the morning walk/run, with tripped on the base of a street light. Street light yanked out but base with giant screws never removed. Head over toenails, bloody but do not think it required stitches. Same morning exercise crowd, this time a bike rider was paying attention to traffic, but missed the hole in the pavement. Front tire in, head over handlebars and reaching out instinctively, she broke a collar bone. Only good thing, no cars were following close or she would have been run over.

 

12 hours ago, Kasane said:

Not sure why people cannot adapt to their surroundings.

 

Good question as these were both Kone-thai you would have thought they would know …. Go figure huh   :thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Good question as these were both Kone-thai you would have thought they would know …. Go figure huh   :thumbsup:

 

Accidents happen. Hazard of living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...