Pattaya's shame: Foreigner leaves blood on the sidewalk

rooster59

1 minute ago, LomSak27 said:

Remember that next time you get hit by a car. :biggrin:

I am not surprised that you will descend this level. I am reconciled to the fact that accidents happen. We can only exercise caution and remain present to the our surroundings. What will be will be. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2019 at 1:49 AM, essox essox said:

but it would be like trying to get "blood out of a stone" if the man tried to sue

Forget the suing thing. Posting it on fb would do much more harm to the officials.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:34 PM, KhunFred said:

Walking on the sidewalk is more dangerous than walking in traffic in Pattaya.

Not necessarily. But sometimes the "combo" method works best. 

sbpath.jpg.be49fdc04aaaaa5bc8eadf46966a4ccd.jpg 

Unfortunately our TVF Chief Inspector of the Pavements ascended to the UK pavements paradise before producing a comprehensive map of Pattaya that could be used as a guide. However, it would become rapidly out of date, as new holes, cracks, overhanging signs, and obstructions appear hourly. What's really needed is a mobile app to plot optimal courses instantly, such as the above, based on continual feedback from our Pavements Impaired. Then the challenge would be not to have an accident while consulting the app. 

• 1 month later...

It is not only Pattaya's shame, it is the shame of the army. They are not protecting the people, they are indifferent and incompetent, and they have zero interest in public or traffic safety. It starts at the local level, but it extends all the way to the hapless individuals at the top. Take responsibility! Someone! Protect the people! Do something! 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, worgeordie said:

What image would that be ?, if that happened in the West

you could sue the local authority,here you have to get yourself

to the hospital and pay the bill ,unless you are Chinese of course.

regards Worgeordie

No responsibility and no accountability. This is Thailand. You are on your own. The ultimate libertarian utopia. ????

14 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

No responsibility and no accountability. This is Thailand. You are on your own. The ultimate libertarian utopia. ????

Maybe you like cops in the West.  Takes all kinds. The reason I carried a gun in America is I didn't trust the cops.  Here they don't bother me.  In America they are always looking into your business or never there when you need them.  In Thailand at least they are consistent.  

Archived