Fly-Thorugh AirAsia in DMK for a Sri Lankan Passport

My passport - Sri Lanka

Do I need a visa for this ? https://take.ms/JR0O7

I could not find any direct flight from Phnom Peng to Colombo.

This is the best option I have now.

Phnom Penh to Bankgkok to Colombo

As you see in the above ticket, this is same PNR with different flights but both are Thai Airasia.

Sri Lankans need a visa to enter Thailand.

I have to layover 8 hours in DMK if I select first flight.

I have to layover 2 hours in DMK if I select second flight.

Do I need a visa for this? or can I just layover in DMK and take my next flight?

I could not get any Sri Lankan specific details for this in online.

Don't hold me responsible for this quote from the WiKi:

Those transiting through Don Mueang International Airport for less than 12 hours do not require a visa only when travelling on Thai AirAsia or Thai AirAsia X.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand#Visa_on_arrival_for_normal_passports

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't hold me responsible for this quote from the WiKi:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand#Visa_on_arrival_for_normal_passports

Thank you but normally 'Transit Without Visa' or 'Fly-through' does not require an 'on arrival visa'

I am asking this because many of my friends say Thai immigration changes rules very often and we even can not ask some questions. they will not respond.

So I just wanted to confirm if there will be any possible issue for a passport which should have a visa to enter Thailand.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can stay in the transit area between flights you should not need a visa.

I suggest you contact Air Asia to confirm you can remain in the transit area.

yes, this is the point but when I contacted AirAsia they said "we really want to help you but we are not visa advisers. please contact thai immigration." 

That made me confused. ????

8 minutes ago, Travelankan said:

yes, this is the point but when I contacted AirAsia they said "we really want to help you but we are not visa advisers. please contact thai immigration." 

Maybe try asking them again, but avoid the word "visa" in your question. Ask something like: "Do i have to pass immigration to go from the first flight to my second flight?"

If the answer is yes, you need a visa.

Afaik Air Asia and other "cheap" Airlines don't check through your luggage, which means you have to pick up your luggage (if you have any), and check it in again, for this you would definitely have to pass immigration.

2 hours ago, Travelankan said:

Your confusion is justified. Air Asia absolutely should know whether airside transit is allowed at Don Muang between two of their flights. See if you can call the Air Asia office at Don Muang airport to check with them. Have the flight numbers handy.

Classic customer service. I don't care, I just work in here...

Based on this, it should be possible using AirAsia fly-thru service:
" With Fly-Thru you can connect flights at AirAsia’s two biggest hubs: Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2), and Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport. "

https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Does-AirAsia-provide-stop-over-en?language=en_GB

1. What does FLY-THRU mean?
The process of conveniently transferring from one flight to another without the hassle of going through immigration processing, and of having to collect your baggage when you are taking 2 different flights to get to your final destination and stopping over at a transit station (e.g. KUL is the transit point for a flight from HND-KUL then KUL-PER).

Not sure about the booking process how it goes. If you google AIrAsia fly-thru there is more info about it including one youtube video.

The fly through service needs to be requested at the time of booking, the OP's flight details, whilst show he's booked all the way through, don't confirm he's requested the supplementary service.

7. I have already booked 2 different flights and noticed that I can opt for FLY-THRU service with a promotional fare. Can I convert my bookings?
No. This service is only available when flights are purchased under one booking number.

If you cannot get confirmation you can remain in transit you could check with the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh about getting a transit visa. You would first need to purchase the tickets to do the application.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/en/services/7962/86338-Transit-Visa.html

Although Sri Lanka is on the list of restricted countries they may issue a transit visa if you have confirmed flights.