Australia confirms Wikileaks' Assange has valid passport

rooster59

They should have 10,000 (or 100,000) Assange look-alikes all converge on the embassy at once (flash mob) and call taxis and Ubers. A bold plan is required. He can then attach himself to a man-sized drone and fly to a nearby safe house to replace his face and fingerprints with perfect latex replicas of Steve Martin, Lex Luthor, or Edgar Winter. It would be child's play to create a new passport. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

They should have 10,000 (or 100,000) Assange look-alikes all converge on the embassy at once (flash mob) and call taxis and Ubers. A bold plan is required. He can then attach himself to a man-sized drone and fly to a nearby safe house to replace his face and fingerprints with perfect latex replicas of Steve Martin, Lex Luthor, or Edgar Winter. It would be child's play to create a new passport. 

As inventive and plausible a scheme as many of Mr Assange's claims to be at risk of kidnapping by the United States should he venture out of the embassy!

On 2/24/2019 at 2:09 AM, Cryingdick said:

You are talking about renditioning. Anyway the indictment will likely be brought to the attention of the UK authorities the instant they arrest him and he can no longer flee. Last I looked we were talking about Assange and that situation.

Ok.I mentioned enforced Kidnapping from Democratic countries. So the official term is called Renditioning. Same meaning as Kidnapping.

From The Home of Democracy. Yay, USA

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Ok.I mentioned enforced Kidnapping from Democratic countries. So the official term is called Renditioning. Same meaning as Kidnapping.

From The Home of Democracy. Yay, USA

It has been explained to you that arrests and extradition in the UK are under the jurisdiction of British Courts of law and British law, plus European Human Rights law.

The British courts will not extradite Assange if he faces torture or execution.

You are ignoring these facts and trolling your hogwash claims.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It has been explained to you that arrests and extradition in the UK are under the jurisdiction of British Courts of law and British law, plus European Human Rights law.

That's ok then?

Can I remind you that Sweden has dropped it's 'charges' against Assange, and we know that he is wanted by the US (although they are trying to hide the fact).

Assange had (IMO) every reason to fear extratdition to Sweden, and then the US, and so jumped bail.

As Sweden has dropped the charges, that should (again IMO) be the end of the matter, but no - for some obscure (????) reason the uk had police posted camped around the Ecuadorian Embassy in case he left, and are still determined to arrest him!

How many bail jumpers have been treated this way?

There can be no doubt that this farce is entirely political.

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That's ok then?

Can I remind you that Sweden has dropped it's 'charges' against Assange, and we know that he is wanted by the US (although they are trying to hide the fact).

Assange had (IMO) every reason to fear extratdition to Sweden, and then the US, and so jumped bail.

As Sweden has dropped the charges, that should (again IMO) be the end of the matter, but no - for some obscure (????) reason the uk had police posted camped around the Ecuadorian Embassy in case he left, and are still determined to arrest him!

Did Sweden drop the charges due to the statute of limitations expiring?

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

That's ok then?

You ‘conveniently for your own point of view’ forget that Sweden could not extradite Assange to the US without first obtaining permission to do so in the Swedish Courts AND getting permission to do so in the British Courts.

Assange would have been safer from extradition to the US had he been extradited to Sweden.

Absconding while out on bail is a crime, it is also a serious a contempt of court.

Assange will first answer for jumping bail.

He just needs to man up and face the consequences of his own actions.

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

It might be more pertinent to ask: how many bail jumpers have very publicly jumped bail to take "asylum" in an embassy, and then appeared on a balcony of that embassy to taunt the judicial system which granted them bail? If nothing else, Mr Assange's rather poor impression of the Monty Python North Minehead by election sketch has ensured that he remains firmly in the sights of the judicial system. 

Bail jumpers who evade arrest and prosecution normally do so because they do not attract the attention of the judicial system. Something which Mr Assange either hasn't realised, or has ignored because it conflicts with his irrisistable desire to grandstand.

I wonder how long it will be before the Ecuador ambassador finally gets fed up with sharing his Ferrero Roche chocolate, and shows him the door. Undoubtedly Mr Assange, rather than just melting away into the crowd, will call a press conference on the doorstep, which will end up with him being pinched.

As others have said, I do hope his cat is going to be OK.

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And it is a fact that renditioning has occurred in most European countries, as well as all around the world.

And that US stated years ago that no border would stop any action anywhere on earth in relation to perceived US security.

I don't need to troll you, you always reply to my facts with something not even relevant.

Sweden wants Assange extradited to face alleged rape charges.

Sweden has failed to say conclusively that they would rule out an extradition request by the US, should be be in Sweden.

Either way, Assange will not be free to walk out of his coal bunker in the Equador Embassy. He will be nabbed by someone.

16 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

And it is a fact that renditioning has occurred in most European countries, as well as all around the world.

And that US stated years ago that no border would stop any action anywhere on earth in relation to perceived US security.

I don't need to troll you, you always reply to my facts with something not even relevant.

Sweden has failed to say conclusively that they would rule out an extradition request by the US, should be be in Sweden.

Either way, Assange will not be free to walk out of his coal bunker in the Equador Embassy. He will be nabbed by someone.

Sweden doesn't want Assange.

Just now, Prissana Pescud said:

Does that mean the two women that allege Assange raped them have dropped their claims?

Or that Sweden has ignored their claims and ceased to act to extradite him to face rape charges?

Please read up on a topic before commenting on it.

9 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

At the time that Mr Assange's made his very public entry into the Ecuador Embassy he was on bail in the UK whilst appealling extradition to Sweden, who wished to question him over allegations of offences unrelated to Wikileaks. One of his demands/excuses for jumping bail was that Sweden would not guarantee that he would not be extradited from Sweden to the USA. The Swedish Government could give no such assurances because Sweden has an independent court system, which would have decided in the event of Mr Assange's extradition being requested and appealed. In exactly the same way that any such decision in the UK would be decided by the courts, not the government.

All that was forgotten in the heady excitement of addressing the world from that little balcony...

By making sure that he was a very high profile bail jumper, and doing his very best to keep his profile up, Mr Assange has made sure that his bail jumping is not going to be ignored or quietly forgotten.

Silly chap. I am sure that his legal advisors will have explained all that. I am sure that he decided that he knew better.

10 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

And it is a fact that renditioning has occurred in most European countries, as well as all around the world.”

Let’s test this fact of yours.

Please provide a list of European countries in which ‘renditioning has occurred’ and for each country provide a link to an example of the rendition you claim is a fact.

You claim these as facts, now provide evidence to your claim.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived