Police slammed for lack of response after man's body pulled from Chao Phraya River

rooster59

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, my reference was an attempt at irony, regarding the many Chinese that have have died here on boats.

Guess it was a feeble attempt ???? ???? ????

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:
8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha, my reference was an attempt at irony, regarding the many Chinese that have have died here on boats.

Guess it was a feeble attempt ???? ???? ????

True, doesn't stop me trying through. Everyone says I'm very trying.

This comes as no surprise.  The Thai police are well noted for being inept and poorly trained, not to mention corrupt.  If I needed help, the Thai police would be the last people I would contact.  The only group more sinister than the Thai police is Thai Immigration.  

For you feather merchants who haven't noticed, immigration is in the process of purging Thailand of as many western foreigners as possible.  The ones who are kowtowing to their latest demands will be financially exploited.

In case the Thai's haven't noticed, if it wasn't for western foreigners and their inventions, Thais would still be living amid the coconut trees, riding elephants for transportation.   

Reminds me of years ago on my way to Golf, observed a group a farangs huddled by an ATM machine at a Family mart. I stopped at the police box on Thrapaya & Sukumvit. Woke up angry cop who told me it was not his responsibility but that of beach  police. Being a typical decent farang I drove back to the Pattaya Beach police, woke up several sleeping police (approx 0600) one of whom directed I fill out a witness statement. I told him it was likely those unsavory folks were in the process of cleaning out the ATM machine and that was his business, not mine and I was late for Golf. I hope the bums cleaned out the ATM and the Police went back to sleep.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Again, so where is the national top cop, why isn't he publically all over situations like 2 stations again and again deliberately not coordinating / no cooperating?

When you get to be that important, you can pick and choose your photo-opportunities yourself:

Good news = make face    Bad news = lose face

2 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Reminds me of years ago on my way to Golf, observed a group a farangs huddled by an ATM machine at a Family mart. I stopped at the police box on Thrapaya & Sukumvit. Woke up angry cop who told me it was not his responsibility but that of beach  police. Being a typical decent farang I drove back to the Pattaya Beach police, woke up several sleeping police (approx 0600) one of whom directed I fill out a witness statement. I told him it was likely those unsavory folks were in the process of cleaning out the ATM machine and that was his business, not mine and I was late for Golf. I hope the bums cleaned out the ATM and the Police went back to sleep.

"...observed a group a farangs huddled by an ATM machine at a Family mart".

Why would any police officers, anywhere, be interested in that?  Is it an offence to be around/using an ATM at a 24 hours-a-day shop?

"I told him it was likely those unsavory folks were in the process of cleaning out the ATM machine".

Why did you think that would that be "likely"? 

Archived