Retirment visa

You could return with a setv or even visa exempt and apply at immigration to convert to non o. 90 day. Before that expires you apply for your 12 month permission of stay based on retirement. 

Or you could just obtain a non o based on retirement from Thai consulate outside of los

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

So if i get a setv from a thai consulate in vietnam
i can't change it into a retirment visa i need to change it into a non o visa first then change the
non o into a retirment visa,

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You enter Thailand on the SETV. While in Thailand you apply at immigration to convert that SETV Entry to that of a Non-Imm-O. During the last month of the Non-Imm-O (90 days permission), you apply for a one year Extension on that Entry.

No Visas actually obtained in Thailand.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

apply for a non 0 visa 90 day visa,( reason being over 50) in Vietnam. ONLY proof  you need is your passport showing your over 50.  ZERO reason to apply for a setv as its an extra step than.

put ur 800,000 in the bank at least 2 months before it expires

apply for the 1 year retirement  extension.

While in Thailand you apply at immigration to convert that SETV Entry to that of a Non-Imm-O.

not all immigration's allow this

Edited by phuketrichard

18 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

So if i get a setv from a thai consulate in vietnam
i can't change it into a retirment visa i need to change it into a non o visa first then change the
non o into a retirment visa,

Get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement near the end of the 90 day entry from it. Easy to get in HCMC or Hanoi.

There is no requirement that the non-o visa is based upon retirement to apply for the extension.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

apply for a non 0 visa 90 day visa,( reason being over 50) in Vietnam.

Not sure if the embassy or consulate in Vietnam will issue one. And if they did they would want to see 800k baht in the bank or 65 baht income.

• Like 1