Salt systems.. Compatibility..

LivinLOS

My current house has a cheap fiber pool.. Despite being cheap, its been a real easy small pool.. One thing thats a negative is that its a Chlorine system. 

When it was installed, it was a salt system but didnt last and landlord turned it to chlorine. He tried to have to have it fixed but the installer was long gone, no one local could look at fixing the salt system only total replacement at quotes he wasnt going to pay, usual story.. Hes a bit older and possibly not that online savvy and probably didnt look into solving it with online research. 

Having a chat with him the other day hes amenable to turning it back to salt, if I can source the broken part. He believes the controller is fine and its chlorinator cell part (if thats the right term) which is dead. I figure maybe I can find it at a price thats tolerable for him, or even me pay some, worth a shot.

nv_sealpool.jpg

Company was Seal Pool Equipment which had a facebook page up to about 2016. Looks like its history now and no response to my enquirys. Shame as I have been in this house since then and would have happily fixed it 3 years ago. 

Are these things only compatible to the controller they come with ?? 

Are these things repairable ?? 

Is there any budget way I might get this repaired without buying a whole new Salt system ??

The 2 most common parts that fail are the internal board & the cell. The boards from China can't handle the constant humidity & the cells mostly low salt over a period of time. These system you are lucky to get 3 yrs out of them. Spare parts are usually over 1/2 price of a new machine & come with now warranty. The cells also should be clean of oil & body fat 6 monthly with detergent & then watered down acid.

Doubt weather you will have any luck with the system (Picture)

I only deal with PuraPool products now as they are 100% built in Australia, Australian components & are bullet proof. Arguably the best n the market.

13 minutes ago, Bagwain said:

I only deal with PuraPool products now as they are 100% built in Australia, Australian components

This system was Ozzie designed (god knows where it was made) also.. 

So theres no 'generic' cell that can replace a gone cell ?? Or repair / rebuild of a cell thats bad ?? 

52 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

This system was Ozzie designed (god knows where it was made) also.. 

So theres no 'generic' cell that can replace a gone cell ?? Or repair / rebuild of a cell thats bad ?? 

Not that I am aware of.

Australian designed means nothing. Marketing ploy!

95 % of machines these days are Chinese!

Archived